Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My H video made the local news!

Reaction score
I filmed a brush fire by my house (don't worry they were not going to fly a fire plane / chopper on this one, and yes I know about flying next to forest fires...) I submitted it to the local news and they aired it. The funny thing is the news choppers (that showed up after it was almost over) video was not even close to the quality of the might Typhoon H! They ended up showing both (chopper and my drone video) at 4pm news, and just my drone video at 5 and 7.

Here's some of the footage, there is more on my youtube channel if you want to see the full uncut videos...

I filmed a brush fire by my house (don't worry they were not going to fly a fire plane / chopper on this one, and yes I know about flying next to forest fires...) I submitted it to the local news and they aired it. The funny thing is the news choppers (that showed up after it was almost over) video was not even close to the quality of the might Typhoon H! They ended up showing both (chopper and my drone video) at 4pm news, and just my drone video at 5 and 7.

Here's some of the footage, there is more on my youtube channel if you want to see the full uncut videos...

Good job at staying away from people and fire crews

Reactions: AML

Good work! Congrats on getting it aired (I saw it on The Weather Channel) and following regs. :)

Last edited:
Like the fire devil in the footage - well done. Brings back memories of my days with the Fire& Rescue service UK. I've seen fire lifted by these fire devils and placed down further away starting a new problem. So take care near them.

This is really cool! Love the smoke tornado.

Thanks guys! I tried to stay far enough away that I would not cause issues, I bet the crews did not even notice. I shot it in 1080p so I could upload quickly but after the fact, I wish I had done it in 4k, it would have been way better.

Very nice! Is there a white truck in the middle of the blazzed area?

Awesome footage... BTW is that Verboort Oregon? If so I live right down the road for the life of me I don't even recall a Fire out that way.

EDIT: Looked at the other video and yep I live over in that area.

Actually now that I am thinking about it. I was driving home from work an I was wondering why there was a burnt smell and the ground was black. If I did not have to work I would have sent my drone out there as well :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval