Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Next Dream, Any Partners Out There!

I was thinking the same thing. However i believe that a lot if not most farmers are to busy to take the time to fly around a drone. So guess we will see.

Bill W.
Farmers don't play with drones, The ones I have filmed with have never heard/nor seen one!

Farmers don't play with drones, The ones I have filmed with have never heard/nor seen one!
Droneclone...if that job comes thru in conroe...id like to join you to see how you do this...it seems very interesting. If you like i can bring my H to test out too.

Bill W.

Reactions: DroneClone

Your probably right, they don't want to be bothered with drones.
So how often would a farmer need this done?
And what information are they looking for?

Have you noticed ever since the Aug. 29th of the FAA 107 being announced, the websites are being bombarded with tons of mapping/surveying software! they were lurking in the shawdows, just waiting for the FAA to open the flood gates, and bingo! here they come!:confused: DataMapper looks promising too!, ****! they all do!;)

Reactions: BillyTexas
Have you noticed ever since the Aug. 29th of the FAA 107 being announced, the websites are being bombarded with tons of mapping/surveying software! they were lurking in the shawdows, just waiting for the FAA to open the flood gates, and bingo! here they come!:confused: DataMapper looks promising too!, ****! they all do!;)
And lots of drone ads and such on my Facebook timeline.

Bill W.

Reactions: DroneClone
Your probably right, they don't want to be bothered with drones.
So how often would a farmer need this done?
And what information are they looking for?
From Planting till Harvest, depending on what is being grown anywhere from 3 months to all year. They mainly want to see areas of poor growth, like dry(non watering spots) where their automatic drive sprinklers are not hitting, insect infestation, areas that are getting to much/or not enough fertilizers. And if the crops are budding/pollinating/ripening or ripe(Time to harvest)
The mapping programs done with IR cameras and NDVI cameras can instantly show this information by color and 3D layout of the acreages!
The benefits of using drones is planes are expensive, and they can only fly so close to a crop and satellites only pass every 3 days or so, and cannot see below the cloud layers if it is overcast or cloudy.
Drones on the flip side can fly closer and the cameras can map to within 3cm of the crop/vegetation or fruit they are producing! :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio