Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Typhoon H flew off and never came back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was on a flight last night had perfect signal went out a mile no issues then hit 9,600 ft still had perfect signal, not even one bar was lost. hit the rth and boom!!kept going straight and lost signal / video feed everything.. never came back.. checked the files and went to location this morning and was nowhere to be found.. 1,900 down the drain..left with a st16 and battery.. im gonna call yuneec first thing monday morning.. anyone have any idea what could have happened or what yuneec can do?? Thanks everyone..

i was in the middle of nowhere.. just open land.. no house or streets.. i was flying safe.. no harm to houses or cars or people. if i was starting to lose signal i would have came back.. i didnt ask for a opinion on what is safe flying or not.. thank you..
You go 9,600 ft away, definitely not LOS.

Why do you need to go so far away ?

Flying like that is one of the reasons there are so many restrictions being put on these things now.

Upload your flight log so we can see what happened during the flight. Use the Upload a File button on the lower right of the comment window.

hey steve could you describe to me how to do that? ive never uploaded a flight log before. much appreciated
Upload your flight log so we can see what happened during the flight. Use the Upload a File button on the lower right of the comment window.

hey steve could you describe to me how to do that? ive never uploaded a flight log before. much appreciated
Yuneec will ask you to email it to them so you need to know how.
Connect your ST16 to your pc with the USB charging cable and turn it on. Open My Computer and you should see the ST16 listed. Select the Flight Log folder and copy it to your pc and then upload it here.
This is what the files look like on the Q500, but they are the same for the H.

Attachments

• files on card.png
    files on card.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 60
ok thank you.. you ever go over the speed limit or not wear your seat belt.. text and drive.. thats also breaking the law.. im not here to listen about the law.. im just trying to find my drone.. have a nice day
Then what you were doing is against the law, You can't fly beyond line of sight in the US, It doesn't matter if you were in the middle of nowhere

steve I'm trying to upload here and it is says the file does not have an allowed extension
Is it a .zip file? I think you need to upload the whole Flight Log folder which should be a zip file. You're right. The csv files won't upload

Yes, I can open it but it's fairly difficult to work with a pdf file. It looks like the flight ended at a road or walking path but that may only be the end of the telemetry. How long did you wait for it to return?

Attachments

• Flight.jpg
    Flight.jpg
    653.4 KB · Views: 66
Yes, I can open it but it's fairly difficult to work with a pdf file. It looks like the flight ended at a road or walking path but that may only be the end of the telemetry. How long did you wait for it to return?
yes and that's exactly where I went.. up the path.. seen the flight log on my st16 brought it with me and my phone gps and was at the exact location but it was nowhere to be found. I waited at my house for roughly 25 more minutes..

yes sir exactly there.. spent 2 hours this morning looking with my father in law

yes and that's exactly where I went.. up the path.. seen the flight log on my st16 brought it with me and my phone gps and was at the exact location but it was nowhere to be found. I waited at my house for roughly 25 more minutes..
None of this is good news for you. The battery was down to 14.8 v and it was 1.94 miles away. There would be absolutely no way for it to make the return trip. I'm guessing you lost telemetry which would have triggered RTH so it would have autolanded somewhere in the line of flight back to the ST16. If you had your name and phone number on it someone might find it and call. Other than that, it's lost. Yuneec will likely determine this is pilot error for flying that distance because it is out of range for both control and battery capacity. I make certain my H is within 1000' when it hits 14.8v and I'm usually landing at that point.

Reactions: THoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix