Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My Typhoon H flew off and never came back

Status
Not open for further replies.
The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident to be:

Battery exhaustion due to the pilot's failure to ensure that an adequate voltage supply was onboard to satisfy the flight as conducted. A contributing factor was the lack of suitable terrain for the forced landing, loss of visual line-of-site of the aircraft and the pilot's failure to demonstrate safe and legal aeronautical decision making.

Exactly.

Perfect example of one of the factors why this hobby is being heavily regulated.

Reactions: Jester
so its pretty much a loss, no hopes of help from yuneec?

If I was a CS rep at Yuneec, saw flight logs and an owners statement the aircraft was intentionally flown a mile away and it got lost my response would be the owner violated both the law and the manufacturer's LOS limitations. The warranty does not extend to illegal or reckless operations. To provide a warranty replacement would encourage continued behavior. It is neither reasonable or customary to hold a manufacturer responsible for the irresponsible behavior of a buyer.

There's a lesson to be learned here and the cost of that education should equal the cost of a Typhoon H. Should the FAA get wind of your antics and obtain a copy of the telemetry and levy a fine for careless and reckless operation of an aircraft that cost will be many times higher than what you lost with the H. Up to 21 times more.

Yuneec is going to scoff at any attempt to get them to cover this. A warranty covers defects in materials, design and workmanship. It does not cover user mistakes, such as flying well beyond the legal and prudent limit on a nearly dead battery.

Reactions: Jester
so its pretty much a loss, no hopes of help from yuneec?
Do you want to sell your ST-16, battery and chargers? I have use for them.

yea not much else use i have for it.. i still have my phantom 4 pro so im not done flying.. my typhoon h is only a few weeks old.. i have the battery back pack and st16 pro.. make an offer maybe we can work something out
Do you want to sell your ST-16, battery and chargers? I have use for them.

yea not much else use i have for it.. i still have my phantom 4 pro so im not done flying.. my typhoon h is only a few weeks old.. i have the battery back pack and st16 pro.. make an offer maybe we can work something out
If you decide to sell any of your parts you can list them in the Classified section. General Forums | Yuneec Drone Forum

One thing I like about DJI is that their software shows an estimate of how much battery power is required to fly home based on the drone's location. That makes it somewhat harder for the operator to fly off beyond visual range on a battery that is getting critically low on energy.

One thing I like about DJI is that their software shows an estimate of how much battery power is required to fly home based on the drone's location. That makes it somewhat harder for the operator to fly off beyond visual range on a battery that is getting critically low on energy.
yes, never one issue with my dji birds, always returns, no guessing, on the h the volts go up and down..

yes, never one issue with my dji birds, always returns, no guessing, on the h the volts go up and down..

I've not experienced that phenomenon unless I have an overflown battery and judging by your story, good chance you own some. I personally have way too huge an investment in my H to ever overfly or push boundaries and I'm quite happy to fly less and shorter times and land safe. 3 flights of 15 minutes is 45 mins video to look at and work with and that's a lot of data. It seems perhaps you fly to push the edge for your enjoyment and that of course carries higher risk. Just lost my favorite 350 to careless behavior and it's a wake up call for sure. My H satisfies my creative side and I got plenty of FPV stuff to do fast stuff and get that out of my system. Hope you find it and figure out what the sequence of loss was so you can understand what was the cause and hopefully learn from it.

The TH may not have an estimate of the energy required to return home, but at least on my bird the battery voltage doesn't fluctuate. I have four battery packs.

The TH may not have an estimate of the energy required to return home, but at least on my bird the battery voltage doesn't fluctuate. I have four battery packs.
on one of my batteries it fluctuates, goes up .2 down .2 then so on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis