Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mystery button on ST10

Reaction score
In the taking videos section of the Q500+ manual, at the bottom of the page, it says:

You can choose to record video at 48, 50 (PAL) or 60
(NTSC) frames per second by tapping the corresponding button near the
upper left-hand corner on the screen of the ST10+.

Is this correct? What button are they referring to?

In the taking videos section of the Q500+ manual, at the bottom of the page, it says:

You can choose to record video at 48, 50 (PAL) or 60
(NTSC) frames per second by tapping the corresponding button near the
upper left-hand corner on the screen of the ST10+.

Is this correct? What button are they referring to?
I don't what button they're talking about either, but to get to the video settings; with the st10+ on, and your Q turned on hit the gear icon in the lower right corner above model select. acknowledge the warning and it will take you to a list of settings including video settings. You may have a set of old instructions to the st10 not the st10+

Yes, I did find the setting in the menus, but I suppose it's not something you need to change very often.

My manual is entitled Typhoon Q500+ v2.0

Yes, I did find the setting in the menus, but I suppose it's not something you need to change very often.

My manual is entitled Typhoon Q500+ v2.0
Correct; most set their video settings according to what their computer can process videos at. Most people don't have a computer that can handle 4k resolution videos, so they choose a lower resolution that their computer has no problem processing. Set it and forget it.

Actually not correct. The 'frames per second' (FPS) has nothing to do with video resolution, 4K or otherwise. FPS setting determines the frame rate the video will be recorded in ANY resolution and is dependent on if you are NTSC (N. America) or PAL (European). The higher the frame rate (ex.60 fps), the sharper and smoother the playback will be. Lower frame rates (30, 48, 50) will result in unwanted video flicker and slight jerkiness during playback. So video resolution and frames-per-second are two separate settings. If you can record 4K res at 60 FPS, then use that setting. Most 4K cameras will only shoot actual 4K at 24fps or 30fps max due to the higher bit-rate that 4K requires. Hope this helps.

Mike

Actually not correct. The 'frames per second' (FPS) has nothing to do with video resolution, 4K or otherwise. FPS setting determines the frame rate the video will be recorded in ANY resolution and is dependent on if you are NTSC (N. America) or PAL (European). The higher the frame rate (ex.60 fps), the sharper and smoother the playback will be. Lower frame rates (30, 48, 50) will result in unwanted video flicker and slight jerkiness during playback. So video resolution and frames-per-second are two separate settings. If you can record 4K res at 60 FPS, then use that setting. Most 4K cameras will only shoot actual 4K at 24fps or 30fps max due to the higher bit-rate that 4K requires. Hope this helps.

Mike
I only spoke in terms of resolution, never said anything about FPS. Shooting in 4k require a lot of ram and a good video card to process 4k. Most older computers have trouble processing 4k, but no problem with lower resolution videos. So if your computer can't process 4k videos it doen't matter what FPS you record 4k videos in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trienchieu369