Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

National Park current flight restrictions?

I understand not flying around populated areas like cities but I don't really see the harm in flying around most national parks. I guess they're worried some idiot will fly their drone over Old Faithful or something. As long as people or property are safe it seems like it should be open season.

The Constitution clearly states the feds can own one 10 square mile of land (DC) and forts and ports. Period. It's not their land, it's ours.
I really don't understand people that say the government cannot own land. When a Federal Bank was established for the Common Good, all bets were off. Regulating Federal Lands centrally makes it easier to manage critical wildlife corridors. The real problem is lazy, coddled ranchers and farmers. Get a clue.

I understand not flying around populated areas like cities but I don't really see the harm in flying around most national parks. I guess they're worried some idiot will fly their drone over Old Faithful or something. As long as people or property are safe it seems like it should be open season.
Some one dropped a drone into a yellowstone pool. Is that a poor reason to ban them? I think not.

I have heard from professional drone flyers that if you put a kite string on your drone it no longer falls under the FAA regulations. This is a way to get some of those shots directly over you and some distance above you. It also stops you from chasing the little animals all over the park to some degree. Any comments would be appreciated.

Someone will test it, I've been to just about all the National Parks and there are a lot of places you could fly and not jeopardize anyone including yourself.
I've been around plenty of Park Rangers and the usual some are good and some are gon-ho good which is bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis