Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need help on the motor end play

Reaction score
I was checking my "H" before going out to fly and I ran the motors up with out the props. I did not get 50% power when the controller started beeping and alerting me it was switching over to 5 motor mode.
I shut it down immediately and started to inspect the motors and I found one motor has a lot of end play.
It turns easily but it has the mechanical end play that is not normal.
Does anybody have pictures of the motor and mount on the bottom end?
Is there a way to tighten up the end play?

I was checking my "H" before going out to fly and I ran the motors up with out the props. I did not get 50% power when the controller started beeping and alerting me it was switching over to 5 motor mode.
I shut it down immediately and started to inspect the motors and I found one motor has a lot of end play.
It turns easily but it has the mechanical end play that is not normal.
Does anybody have pictures of the motor and mount on the bottom end?
Is there a way to tighten up the end play?
You will always get 5 rotor mode when starting the motors with no props. That is normal operation.
Can you take a guess at how much end play? 1/16"?

Reactions: Vegasrobbi
At least .090 of an inch. That is the motor that took the hardest hit after the "lady" in tech support misled me on calibration. The H jumped up about 12 to 14" rotated, nosed over and did a cart wheel.

At least .090 of an inch. That is the motor that took the hardest hit after the "lady" in tech support misled me on calibration. The H jumped up about 12 to 14" rotated, nosed over and did a cart wheel.
Ouch. Okay that sounds like a bit more than it should be. Can you tell if the motor shaft is moving inside the motor or if the whole motor is moving?

Motor turns freely and is firmly mounted with no side to side play. I think the shaft also is good with no bending visible when rotating

if you are worried about the motor going to fail , change it for the peace of your mind .
I feel confident that I can repair the motor if I can get the information I need. But you are right, I do have a spare "H" that I bought to use for parts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace