Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Antennas for Typhoon H?

Itelite DBS has a solution for both the ST-16 and 24 controllers at $109.
Just Googled this and found them. However the two sites I went to do not describe at all a typical range increase (in meters or feet) nor orientation requirements.

I have DBS's on my Phantoms and they are great, if you keep them directional to a good degree!
How are they on range increases? More importantly, do you find the video downlink quality even at "standard" ranges? Better? WRT to directional orientation, I assume your RF beam width is much narrower?

Just Googled this and found them. However the two sites I went to do not describe at all a typical range increase (in meters or feet) nor orientation requirements.

How are they on range increases? More importantly, do you find the video downlink quality even at "standard" ranges? Better? WRT to directional orientation, I assume your RF beam width is much narrower?
On my P3/4 they performed as followed in same location, same time of day and same weather conditions:
Stock= 5,250 max and 3,500-4,200 average
DBS (non boosted) 11,643 max and 8,000-9,500 average
You do for best performance keeping controller pointed in general direction, but I never think I was pin point on. I did not notice video lag till the ends of my distances, and do not know why some flights were better that others? KP Index's were all pretty much the same.
Overall, I am very pleased with the results, but improved close range signal it what I am after !
All I saw advertised was "double your distance" . Due to location differences and other factors, I would not if them give specific distances in feet/meters.

On my P3/4 they performed as followed in same location, same time of day and same weather conditions:
Stock= 5,250 max and 3,500-4,200 average
Wow! But that's Lightbridge technology for you.
DBS (non boosted) 11,643 max and 8,000-9,500 average
Double wow!
You do for best performance keeping controller pointed in general direction, but I never think I was pin point on. I did not notice video lag till the ends of my distances, and do not know why some flights were better that others? KP Index's were all pretty much the same.
Interesting information. Thanks for taking a moment to share that.
Overall, I am very pleased with the results, but improved close range signal it what I am after!
Me too. I will be mostly flying my Typhoon in my vineyards in the middle of nowhere, but I can foresee at least one circumstance where I will need some extended range. I'm totally on board with the improved video at closer ranges concept, however.
All I saw advertised was "double your distance" . Due to location differences and other factors, I would not if them give specific distances in feet/meters.
Understood. Thank you sir.

Hi guys... Im struggling here in the UK to find upgrade antennas, and to be honest i have no idea which or where to buy. Can any of you be kind enough to point me in the right direction thank you

Look at itelite-DBS, Google it and you will see many vendors selling them, I.E Carolina Dronez etc. Remember, we are in the States across the pond, but most ship internationally, Hope it helps !

Wow! But that's Lightbridge technology for you.

Double wow!

Interesting information. Thanks for taking a moment to share that.

Me too. I will be mostly flying my Typhoon in my vineyards in the middle of nowhere, but I can foresee at least one circumstance where I will need some extended range. I'm totally on board with the improved video at closer ranges concept, however.

Understood. Thank you sir.
Close range reception is great!, I am just not very up on their performance with Yuneec products as I am waiting for my H, and had DJI previously I used them on. But I will most likely give them a shot! With DJI you have to open up your controller and replace the antenna wires and drill two holes for the new antennas, I did it and it is a piece of cake, with Yuneec, I thinh they just screw on?

Close range reception is great!, I am just not very up on their performance with Yuneec products as I am waiting for my H, and had DJI previously I used them on. But I will most likely give them a shot! With DJI you have to open up your controller and replace the antenna wires and drill two holes for the new antennas, I did it and it is a piece of cake, with Yuneec, I think they just screw on?
Yes. Yuneec has had the foresight to provide simple SMA connectors!

Thanks for that. I wanted to order a set but was unsure since the DBS option seems to get more fanfare. I know nothing about antennas but would love to have a stronger signal to assist in low altitude flying.

Thanks for that. I wanted to order a set but was unsure since the DBS option seems to get more fanfare. I know nothing about antennas but would love to have a stronger signal to assist in low altitude flying.

I will also try the DBS setup as well, im sure both will offer much better coverage over the stock antennas !

Please let us know your thoughts. I've got no problem with the DBS option, just have to get used to the "Frankenstein" look of the ST16 with the antenna attached :D

Please let us know your thoughts. I've got no problem with the DBS option, just have to get used to the "Frankenstein" look of the ST16 with the antenna attached :D

lol well i pre ordered the professional package so doubt i will even get mine until end of June so you might have a long wait :rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis