Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Antennas for Typhoon H?

Something to be aware of... If you have a Yuneec Typhoon H backpack, or have one on order, then be aware that when you modify the antennas, you "may" not then be able to fit the controller in the backpack... without some mods to the backpack or extra time in removing and reinstalling the antennas.

5.8 will always be fussy about obstacles and obstructions, but the better antennas will improve the signal quality which will help
Something to be aware of... If you have a Yuneec Typhoon H backpack, or have one on order, then be aware that when you modify the antennas, you "may" not then be able to fit the controller in the backpack... without some mods to the backpack or extra time in removing and reinstalling the antennas.

they are only standard sma connectors, take less than a minute to screw on

It has to be removed every time you put it in the pack. only a 30 second maybe 1 minute install. Also I am sure there will be room to put the antenna in the case.

I ordered mine last night directly from their site got my tracking number this morning...too bad I don't have an H to connect it to yet. It's supposed to be here this week or is that next week or...lol

I ordered mine last night directly from their site got my tracking number this morning...too bad I don't have an H to connect it to yet. It's supposed to be here this week or is that next week or...lol

Who did you order your from? That was a fast turn around.

As I wait for wave 2 of the Typhoon deliveries…. I broke down and ordered the ITElite DBS -- Directly from the manufacturer as it was less expensive that way, but, somewhat confusing, the one for the H was listed differently then for the other Yuneec ST16/ST24 drones….Not sure why unless they are tracking what sells for which specific drone.

I had a dialogue with Immersion regarding their antennas and their last email was focused on center frequencies used in the ground station and radiation patterns. While we, on this forum, salute Ming's efforts…. From a technical perspective, the 8DBi patch antenna should not have beaten the 13DBi rated one. But, ITElite never got back to me on their antenna gain…And there are no specs on their antenna that I could see online. So, I'm hoping that their antenna lives up to all their hype.

Thanks Tim….. Apparently, the polarity of your craft and it's camera is very important to the success. Most are claiming the camera is Left Handed polarity. I'm gonna start with the Elite product and hope it addresses my overall concern. I'm one for confidence with low/no lag then trying to go a distance.

That's interesting to know….. Our YouTuber friend "Ming" is suggesting a LHCP antenna on the ST16 that worked best with the H for distance --- Technically, that should not work better…. But worse.

I'm hoping the folks at ITElite have figured that all out and I can just plug and play with increased signal strength for my "confidence". Thanks

BTW… The 5.8GHz patch antenna is just for the video…. You need a 2.4 GHz for control… Did Ming add an aftermarket 2.4 GHz antenna to his ST16?

That's interesting to know….. Our YouTuber friend "Ming" is suggesting a LHCP antenna on the ST16 that worked best with the H for distance --- Technically, that should not work better…. But worse.

I'm hoping the folks at ITElite have figured that all out and I can just plug and play with increased signal strength for my "confidence". Thanks

with Hal on this one, there is certainly some confusion going on as I have also heard today that the antennas on the H are RHCP not LHCP and the ones from FPVLR are LHCP, so I have asked for clarification from Yuneec and from FPVLR so we can get to the bottom of it all :(

I asked one of the engineers and he states video antenna is RHCP.

Thanks for the heads up as HAL mentioned Ming suggest LHCP, as well as a couple other people not sure where that information came from. Like Hal wonder what ITElite setup is I'll email them now that I have this information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval