Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New at this stuff. Battery after flight

Reaction score
Should I charge battery after flying until I get low batt warning? I know I should let it cool first but if I'm not going up again until next day should I leave it or change it?

If you're using the stock charger, you can start charging pretty soon (immediately) after flying. The stock chargers push so little current into the battery that heating really isn't an issue. It takes a while to get a feel for how warm is too warm, but with the stock charger you shouldn't have any problems.

Should I charge battery after flying until I get low batt warning? I know I should let it cool first but if I'm not going up again until next day should I leave it or change it?
go to this site it's a good read A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries
also this chart will help
lipoly-voltage-vs-state-of-charge-2s-6s-packs-jpg.6091

If you're using the stock charger, you can start charging pretty soon (immediately) after flying. The stock chargers push so little current into the battery that heating really isn't an issue. It takes a while to get a feel for how warm is too warm, but with the stock charger you shouldn't have any problems.
Thank you

NRR Nailed it.
Also remember that when you land and the ST-16 displays a battery voltage (15 volts for example) It is NORMAL to see the battery voltage slightly INCREASE when the motors unload and go to idle. Should you attempt to take off again, the battery voltage will drop again very quickly.
If you do not plan to fly again for several days, you should charge/discharge your batteries to a storage voltage of about 15.2 to 15.4 volts per pack. The stock charger does not have a storage function. If you do not have a third party battery charger, fastest easiest way to put the batteries into storage would be to fly them to that level.
Read the Lipo guide that NRRTRAINS linked to, good information there.

That's the one I was look at. Looks good so will probably go with that one. Thank you!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop