Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New autopilot Firmware v1.35?? yes!

Me too JayKay, i note your in Portugal, I am in UK. Maybe EU version is different..

I think Portugal has EU version too, while it is geaographically situated in Europe. As far as I understand the UK gets EU versions too.

:)

Teadla posted his updated screen view and that should be EU too, as he lives in Spain. Suppose he updated by SD-card and took the files from US server.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I think Portugal has EU version too, while it is geaographically situated in Europe. As far as I understand the UK gets EU versions too.

:)

Teadla posted his updated screen view and that should be EU too, as he lives in Spain. Suppose he updated by SD-card and took the files from US server.

Cheers!
I took my files from yuneec.com which should be the US site. Could not find the files on yuneec.co.uk

I took my files from yuneec.com which should be the US site. Could not find the files on yuneec.co.uk

I suppose OTA will recognise you through IP, so the OTA update would probably have given you the EU version. But as we have read before it is unlikely there are differences in the Autopilot A or EU.
Biggest difference seems to be the WIFI connection.

If you prefer SD-card update you can download the EU version here.

Cheers!

I very much doubt that the OTA update checks geolocation through IP addresses. More likely the US firmware always checks for newer US versions, and the EU firmware always checks for newer EU versions regardless of where you are located.

I suppose OTA will recognise you through IP, so the OTA update would probably have given you the EU version. But as we have read before it is unlikely there are differences in the Autopilot A or EU.
Biggest difference seems to be the WIFI connection.

If you prefer SD-card update you can download the EU version here.

Cheers!
Maybe its because in the UK we drive on the left, might be something to do with it ;-)

Reactions: Vonov and Jester
My personal fence numbers still are seen via the GUI. I'm confident I can exceed 400' if need be since I could with AP 1.34.

My values are working. There is no fixed restrictions with this AP.

Cool.

The last firmware was scary:
- pan jog stuck spinning, switches were inoperative.
- Camera pointed straight down on startup
- Camera not connecting accept once in a blue moon (after 2-3 reboots)
- Compass & accel cal in UI says nothing on starting their procedures.

+ RF was a lot better at least...

Going to try this one tomorrow.

I did the firmware update on the H earlier today and have just come back from flying three packs. I cleared the flight data on the ST16 prior to flying as well. Compass, Accel and Gimbal calibrations went through without a hitch. I waited the 10-15 minutes prior to first flight (self-imposed rule).
Everything seems perfect for my setup. I can switch GPS on and off from the ST16 ( an issue reported earlier). Take-off and landings are fine - never had an issue with these previously, but they do seem a little smoother now. I tend to stay in 'Rabbit' mode all the time, but it does seem like the inputs are 'dulled down' when you get close to touch-down, and the take-off has a noticeable 'lag' before the motors really kick into gear. I think this may help some members out who have had issues with take-off and landing previously. I didn't try any take-off or landings on angled surfaces.
Overall, flight characteristics seem really nice and smooth. Another great update from the folks at Yuneec.
I also ran over the scopes with UAV Toolbox when I returned home and there are no error messages with any of the flights. Both GPS and radio link were locked in.

Man, I love this bird.

On a side note, as I was driving to my flying location I got to thinking. I know there are members/users here that are new to this game and there are obvious 'hurdles'.
I wonder how many people actually have their antenna attached to the ST16 while they are doing the updates, etc?
Powering up a radio (ST16 in this case) without attaching the antenna can be a bad thing.
Could this be another cause to some of the connection issues people are talking about in general?

Can you check to see if you can still adjust ceiling height in GUI? The last update, I think it was 1.30? deleted that feature. Some of us need to fly a few feet about 400 ft when using the bird in mountainous areas - not irresponsibly collide with manned aircraft. :p There was a big thread on this last February. I had to roll back to 1.29 to get get control of height limitation in GUI.
A tech told me there were working on fixing this glitch with the next update. I don't want to test it because my H is flying and behaving perfectly. (If it's not broke......) Thanks
It works. I live in the Adirondack mountains and sometimes have to go above 400 feet. Got it to 750 feet yesterday.

Reactions: Theo026
Just a bit puzzled, your Realsense version is 1.10 but mine after all these latest upgrades is only 1.06 all other version numbers identical to yours??

It seems my question got shoved off on a tangent! Please, can anyone from both USA and EU confirm their Realsense version numbers with latest update?

Actually 1.34 restored your ability to set your own parameters with the GUI via a PC. I'm a MAC user typically but bought a cheap laptop to run windows 10 and maintain my quads. I realized Yuneec was not releasing a Mac GUI program anytime soon and do want to be able to change geo fence if needed. It was never a problem until AP 1.30 and none of us saw 1.31 to 1.33 and I find it interesting that the fix is 1.34 with now another patch release of 1.35.

Ha, I'm a Mac user only too. I have been using a 13 year old HP laptop to do GUI stuff. It doesn't always boot up completely. I need to pick up a cheap PC. Do you know if Google Books will work with GUI?

Ha, I'm a Mac user only too. I have been using a 13 year old HP laptop to do GUI stuff. It doesn't always boot up completely. I need to pick up a cheap PC. Do you know if Google Books will work with GUI?

No I don't. Sorry

I found I had to run the update twice. For good measure, I ran it a third time, but it then confirmed all firmware up-to-date!

I wasn't completely focused on task, but it took about 40% of the ST16's battery whilst updating, so don't expect to go out flying straight after!

Last edited:
It seems my question got shoved off on a tangent! Please, can anyone from both USA and EU confirm their Realsense version numbers with latest update?
I have version 1.10 with the latest Euro Firmware!IMG_2024(1).JPG

I wonder how many people actually have their antenna attached to the ST16 while they are doing the updates, etc?
Powering up a radio (ST16 in this case) without attaching the antenna can be a bad thing.
Could this be another cause to some of the connection issues people are talking about in general?
It very well could be. Especially if range of control is an issue. The ST-10 and the ST-16 are TRANSMITTERS and require a termination of some sort. Either an antenna or a resistive load. There is a large amount of information I could give here, but I don't think everybody wants or needs to learn electronics. SWR which stands for Standing Wave Ratio is best kept to a minimum. Let's say a transmitter puts out 10 watts and the termination is wrong all of the output is reflected back into the circuits. This causes excessive stress and blows the transistors in the final amplifier along with diodes, caps, and so on.

This is for the H only. So update the way you would the H. If using sd card then yes...in the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt