Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New camera - CGOET is coming soon... RGB low light & infrared cam

I just hope they have not cheapskated too much and omitted the features needed for serious work. Flir lead the way and hopefully Yuneec are producing to a decent spec. The narrower FOV seems a good idea after the COG3+ lens decision.

Yep definitely agree here.... Price is important but not at the expense of quality and features.

Cheers :cool:

.......and the price I have seen on the yuneec facebook groups........whoaahhhh not on my shopping list
Please share the price you have seen?

Saw an add yesterday, it shows a separate bird, controller and camera for the IR system. You cannot simply change the camera. You will have to buy a completely new system. Fly one bird for normal video, and a different bird (and controller) for the IR. The cost is not as much as the Flir camera, but with the additional cost you will also have a complete system for the Flir operation, not just another different camera.

Saw an add yesterday, it shows a separate bird, controller and camera for the IR system. You cannot simply change the camera. You will have to buy a completely new system. Fly one bird for normal video, and a different bird (and controller) for the IR. The cost is not as much as the Flir camera, but with the additional cost you will also have a complete system for the Flir operation, not just another different camera.

Where did you see that? I would be interested in seeing that ad

There are a few issues with TIFF instead of RAW, that I can think of. A RAW file usually gives you more color space, especially when it is 12 or 14 bit depth... which we dont know. RAW is also non destructive when implemented correctly, meaning no matter what you do to the file, the original data should remain in tact. When implemented correctly RAW is also a non destructive format, meaning you wont get jpeg like artifacts when increasing or reducing the size of the image. I could live with TIFF if it were 16 bit.

But the bigger concern is megapixels. 12 mp is just not high enough rez for most of my clients. Along with that is the issue of a corrected lens or one with a narrower field of view. With the CGO3 camera, it is very difficult to splice images together because of its barrel distortion. Presumably a lens with a narrower FOV would eliminate most of the distortion, making it easier to splice images into a larger image.

There are a few issues with TIFF instead of RAW, that I can think of. A RAW file usually gives you more color space, especially when it is 12 or 14 bit depth... which we dont know. RAW is also non destructive when implemented correctly, meaning no matter what you do to the file, the original data should remain in tact. When implemented correctly RAW is also a non destructive format, meaning you wont get jpeg like artifacts when increasing or reducing the size of the image. I could live with TIFF if it were 16 bit.

But the bigger concern is megapixels. 12 mp is just not high enough rez for most of my clients. Along with that is the issue of a corrected lens or one with a narrower field of view. With the CGO3 camera, it is very difficult to splice images together because of its barrel distortion. Presumably a lens with a narrower FOV would eliminate most of the distortion, making it easier to splice images into a larger image.

A bit off subject, but has anyone tried the cgo3+ camera lens mod from Carolina Dronz? Much higher resolution, I'm not a camera expert but I guess it's supposed to be 16 megapixels from what I understand. Here is a shot after the camera mod for one of my clients (yes, Photoshopped for color but the resolution is awesome)

Attachments

• Flat rock 3.jpg
    Flat rock 3.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 37
A bit off subject, but has anyone tried the cgo3+ camera lens mod from Carolina Dronz? Much higher resolution, I'm not a camera expert but I guess it's supposed to be 16 megapixels from what I understand. Here is a shot after the camera mod for one of my clients (yes, Photoshopped for color but the resolution is awesome)
I bought the Peau 3.97 mm lens that Carolina Dronz is installing on the H. My camera was in route to Yuneec for exchange for a different issue when the lens arrived. I installed it on my GoPro 3+ black. It was sharp, and had low distortion, but seemed a bit flat in contrast. The original GoPro lens was better in that regard. The longer focal length meant narrower field of view.
When my replacement camera came back from CS, I found that it was a bit out of focus. Rather than return it, I refocused it myself. To me, it seems at least as good as the Peau lens.
I am somewhat bothered by the manufacturers giving lenses a megapixel number. Lenses don't have pixels. Adding a "16 Mp" lens to a 12 Mp camera won't increase the resolution of the sensor.

Reactions: Brent
No Tuna, TIFF is NOT RAW! It's just an undestructuable format.

Funnily enough, I was looking at the TIFF definition the other day. Here's the Wikipedia article: TIFF - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TIFF supports full uncompressed images (ie. raw, out of the camera data) with arbitrary bit depth (http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/tiff/TIFF6.pdf). How different editors handle it depends very much on the editor - but this idea of 'indestructable' formats is just a convention for the editor, NOT the file format that they read. The one exception is JPEG, as edits to a lossy compressed format can cumulatively damage the image quality. Even those edits can be handled in a 'non-destructive' way, but for most editors the assumption is that if you're editing JPEGs, you're a consumer that doesn't know or care about such things.

I bought the Peau 3.97 mm lens that Carolina Dronz is installing on the H. My camera was in route to Yuneec for exchange for a different issue when the lens arrived. I installed it on my GoPro 3+ black. It was sharp, and had low distortion, but seemed a bit flat in contrast. The original GoPro lens was better in that regard. The longer focal length meant narrower field of view.
When my replacement camera came back from CS, I found that it was a bit out of focus. Rather than return it, I refocused it myself. To me, it seems at least as good as the Peau lens.
I am somewhat bothered by the manufacturers giving lenses a megapixel number. Lenses don't have pixels. Adding a "16 Mp" lens to a 12 Mp camera won't increase the resolution of the sensor.
I think I will try that on my other H and compare the two. I would have to agree that if the lenses are out of focus from the factory, and you buy another lens and focus it perfectly, of course the new lens will look better.

FYI... of course the CgoET will be available on the H. The profile is already on your ST16...

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

uhh nice I like the photo interval feature hope this works also with the normal H camera this would be great for mapping!

Andy

No reason that they couldn't turn that on for the 3+

Looks like Yuneec is also taking care about the industrial sector, the specifications and first impressions shown on the IFA in Germany are looking good so far. Hopefully the quality/capability is at least as fine as promised. Various applications are possible with this kind of equipment - solar inspections - search&rescue - building thermography...

View attachment 2863

Some specifications are visible in the left-hand background.
Field of view (diagonal): 71°
Field of view (horizontal): 56°
Sensitivity: < 50mK
Thermal camera: uncooled VOx microbolometer
Pixelsize: 12 µm
LWIR (longwave infrared): 8-14 µm
Frame rate: 9 Hz
Picture format: JPG & TIFF
Video format: MP4
Temperature compensation: automatic
Temperature range: -10° to +180°

The German interview below...

Who knows about the real launch date and do you know who is the OEM manufactor, for shure it isn't Ynecc.Any info appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop