Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new CGO-CI camera...

Come on, guys ;)
Firstly, I (potentially) have it with Inspire + Zenmuse.
Secondary, Yuneec don't owe anything to me (and to any other). They do what they do.

Only one thing I really want - it's fair game. If Yuneec claim cinematography as the target, but only suggesting the CGO3+ camera with "updated lens", it's a joke. When Yuneec trying to sell me CGO4 which is, probably, really good camera, with the price comparable with Zenmuse X5S and way higher than Zenmuse X5RAW, but don't showing the full and fair specs, it's a joke.

Just once again. TH platform have many advantages which may be very important for many, include myself. But regarding videoproduction, you will have basically the same production quality as with Q5004K. The differences are neglected. If you are satisfied with this quality, it's cool, you can stay with Q500, or you can upgrade for TH for a better flight experience... but if you really want to improve the videoproduction quality, you will have no solution with Yuneec. It's sad because TH platform is very good for video.

Welcome:
http://yourphoto.nyc

Only 5 years ago pros were paying 20-50k for huge rigs that were unreliable and didn't take any better footage than our CG03+.
Some people just don't know how good they've got it to get something like the current Typhoon for the price.

will you buy a 5-years-old flagship smarphone today, by a price comparable with a TODAYS flagships? Probably not.

Please, compare the specs of Zenmuse X5S / X5RAW with CGO3+ / CGO4 (if you will found them), then compare the price of the full sets of the drone's full sets (Typhoon H520 in, probablh, max configuration, Tornado, Inspire 2 with X5S / X5RAW). Then tell me, why I hsve to buy TH520, if I want to focus on "cinematography" for business. At least one reason not linked with the platform itself.

Welcome:

Seems to me this thread has run it's course. It went from speculating about the CGO-CI camera to how Yuneec isn't worthy of the cinematography business.

IBTL

Seems to me this thread has run it's course. It went from speculating about the CGO-CI camera to how Yuneec isn't worthy of the cinematography business.

IBTL
I totally agree. I don't like this kind of speculations, too. But why I'm so sceptical? Because the Yuneec common practice is hiding the true specs of his cameras. You will not found any official detailed specs about CGO3+/CGO4, which are on the market for years. Probably it's because the real specs are too far from cinematography requirements. And all available info about the CGI-CI is the new lens?

If Youneec will add 10bit codec and rise the bitrate at least for 100 for 4K, I will buy it for sure because it will be very reasonable compromise between production quality and price ;) But I believe that it would be announced with a huge bold letters if it is planned.

Welcome:

Only four years ago a Cinestar 8 with a three axis gimbal would set you back >$15k. The gimbal was servo driven with belts and gears. Top of the line cinema rig, in fact an "industry standard" ...with 8 minutes flying time if flown with a Canon and 16k-20kma 6s batteries. Flight time dropped to 5 minutes using a Red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only four years ago a Cinestar 8 with a three axis gimbal would set you back >$15k. The gimbal was servo driven with belts and gears. Top of the line cinema rig, in fact an "industry standard" ...with 8 minutes flying time if flown with a Canon and 16k-20kma 6s batteries. Flight time dropped to 5 minutes using a Red.

So what?

Welcome:

With the exception of not using a Canon, we are being provided much more for much less $ than ever before. The ability to generate good aerial imagery is financially accessible to far more people now. However, the best possible imagery is still reserved for those willing to spend more dollars. Because things have become smaller, cheaper, and have longer flight time does not imply people deserve more for less. That's not the way it works.

Reactions: samsflite
With the exception of not using a Canon, we are being provided much more for much less $ than ever before. The ability to generate good aerial imagery is financially accessible to far more people now.

You are missed the point.
TH520 provide the flight platform which is, probably, better (or at least very competitive) than Inspire.

But regarding the "good imagery" it still the same Q5004k with the price comparable with Inspire.

I don't complain about the price, and I don't complain about TH. It still the great INDUSTRIAL GRADE drone for a very reasonable price. But when Yuneec announcing the new drone targeting for "cinematography", I expecting something comparable with the main competitor, even if this option will cost more, not a "new lens". It is not TH520 don't fit expectation. It Yuneec's positioning and statements doesn't fit the reality.

CGO3 is the very basic camera in core, and any facelifts will not change this fact. It still good enough for many things The great TH520 platform deserve to have something actually new and better.

Welcome:

Reactions: Firman
CGO3 is the very basic camera in core, and any facelifts will not change this fact. It still good enough for many things The great TH520 platform deserve to have something actually new and better.

Welcome:

In photography, a cheaper cropped sensor dslr with a £1000 lens will often outperform a £1000 full frame camera with a cheap lens in normal daylight photography. The glass seriously matters. Yes, part of the video is colour grading and bit rate and low light handling, but a huge amount (especially in drone photography) is also how it handles lens flare, how it resolves light and its sharpness edge to edge.
The sensor may not be a 1" at 100mb/s, but if yuneec have come out with a lens that really maximises the cgo3+, with some tweaks to compression etc you may just be surprised at the results...

The CGO CI works on the Typhoon H as well as the H520. It's quite an improvement in contrast, color, etc. The lens offers a better use of the sensor area in addition to being a higher grade lens.
thank you! any word on price yet? I look forward to seeing some sample videos when they become available.

Reactions: Forrestt

IBTL

I was in Minsk once and speculating about the worthy runs rampant. Here we are speculating about a camera's merits without a clue about the pics and video it will produce. Good Golly. MM.:)

That's pretty much standard with the drone world. Manufacturers announce new products to titillate the masses and leave out all the important parts. Perhaps that's intentional in order to keep their products in the consumer limelight during the typical numerous missed release dates:)

Details on H520 & camera options attached.
Thanks for that document. I look forward to seeing some video samples when the CGO-CI is released. I do have another question that you might not know or can't answer. Some competitors are coming out with 1 inch sensor cameras. DHI Phantom 4 Pro has it and Autel will release a modular camera (like the TH) that has a 1 inch sensor camera that the user can replace on their Xstar Premium drone. Do you know of any future plans for the TH to have a modular camera with a 1 inch sensor? I like the idea of not having to buy a whole new drone just to get a better camera.

I really like the form factor of the TH - six props with the retractable landing gears. I do not care for all the other "bells and whistles" that DJI has, but I would love it if we can get a better camera. Thanks!

Thanks for that document. I look forward to seeing some video samples when the CGO-CI is released. I do have another question that you might not know or can't answer. Some competitors are coming out with 1 inch sensor cameras. DHI Phantom 4 Pro has it and Autel will release a modular camera (like the TH) that has a 1 inch sensor camera that the user can replace on their Xstar Premium drone. Do you know of any future plans for the TH to have a modular camera with a 1 inch sensor? I like the idea of not having to buy a whole new drone just to get a better camera.

I really like the form factor of the TH - six props with the retractable landing gears. I do not care for all the other "bells and whistles" that DJI has, but I would love it if we can get a better camera. Thanks!
yes, please, more information

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz