Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new CGO-CI camera...

The CGO CI works on the Typhoon H as well as the H520. It's quite an improvement in contrast, color, etc. The lens offers a better use of the sensor area in addition to being a higher grade lens.

The most important feature needed on the CI camera will be 'screw thread optical optimisation' or whatever marketing call it not the present 'dollop of glue will do' procedure on the CG03+.
Having demonstrated that fitting a forgiving wide angle lens to the CG03+ In correct focus is a technical challenge, what are the chances of this new 'Cinematic' waffle being a reality?
Peau have done the thinking for them.
Note. I do love flying my H.

Waffle. Yes, what is a 'pointcloud'?

A point cloud is when you turn a series of photos into a 3D model (a cloud of points). It's used for surveying, measurement and so on.

Reactions: Graham
The CGO CI works on the Typhoon H as well as the H520. It's quite an improvement in contrast, color, etc. The lens offers a better use of the sensor area in addition to being a higher grade lens.
How is the stabilization in the new camera?
The reason I am asking is that I have seen some complaints from users that have switched out their lens with the 8.25 Peau.
They claim that the gimbal does not give enough stabilization for the narrower field of view lens and vibrations were noticed.
Does the new CGO CI have internal stabilization to remedy this issue?

Is this just the same camera as the CGO3 with a better lens or are there other improvements in the electronics as well?
I am quite happy with the TH, but less than impressed with the camera. To say this new camera "is optimized for cinematic and
industrial inspection use", is a pretty big statement. Any additional info would be appreciated.

Reactions: Alex Potemkin

Hmmm.....so why is there nothing on your website?
Marketing 101 decrees you keep your website AT LEAST up to date with actual product development. Moreover, the product flyer you inserted is devoid of any data to make any buying decision. ( ie no H520 on the website NOR any new camera info either !).
And here's a question many will be asking - what about compatibility ? Will the new camera's be compatible with the TH480 ?

I really like the TH platform and believe the Hex concept (perhaps not implementation) is simpler & superior to the Inspire quad arrangement.
But with lackadaisical product marketing like this, coupled to 'hobby quality' software, its small wonder DJI are pulling many pro-sumer customers away...and I for one am taking a long hard look at the I-2 platform simply due to frustration (Operational software + CGO3 app issues) and now an apparent 'black hole' in detailed product information.

Bottom line…solid marketing and branding initiatives are mission critical to sustainable increases in growth objectives. And companies that don't grow, don't survive!
With muddled marketing like this, I can't help wondering if Intel are regretting getting into bed with Yuneec.

I really like the TH platform and believe the Hex concept (perhaps not implementation) is simpler & superior to the Inspire quad arrangement.
But with lackadaisical product marketing like this, coupled to 'hobby quality' software, its small wonder DJI are pulling many pro-sumer customers away...and I for one am taking a long hard look at the I-2 platform simply due to frustration (Operational software + CGO3 app issues) and now an apparent 'black hole' in detailed product information.

I totally agree. TH520 seems like the "unbalanced" system. Really good, very advanced flying platform without a good peripherals. CGO3 camera was more than enough for a hobby-class drone like Q500 but not for this advanced H drone, especially in comparison with the main competitor. This combination have no any sense for photo/videography.

Welcome:
http://yourphoto.nyc

DJI software is also "hobby quality". Don't be a fool and let anyone convince you otherwise. They have problems too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tuna
The most important feature needed on the CI camera will be 'screw thread optical optimisation' or whatever marketing call it not the present 'dollop of glue will do' procedure on the CG03+.
Having demonstrated that fitting a forgiving wide angle lens to the CG03+ In correct focus is a technical challenge, what are the chances of this new 'Cinematic' waffle being a reality?
Peau have done the thinking for them.
Note. I do love flying my H.

So you would prefer thread tape holding the lens in instead of a drop of glue? The tape provides a very secure hold, should never vibrate out of focus, but does allow the user to tweak the focus or swap to a different lens should they desire it.

Yuneec may already be releasing an improved camera. Check out this video from someone who just received their TH. Notice the almost complete absence of fish-eye distortion at the right and left sides of the video. Buildings, trees, etc. are vertical!

So you would prefer thread tape holding the lens in instead of a drop of glue? The tape provides a very secure hold, should never vibrate out of focus, but does allow the user to tweak the focus or swap to a different lens should they desire it.

Yes but I was really refering to the non screw thread mounts they started using once production ramped up. I have May/June 2016 CG03+ cameras with the screw thread mounts.

Yuneec may already be releasing an improved camera. Check out this video from someone who just received their TH. Notice the almost complete absence of fish-eye distortion at the right and left sides of the video. Buildings, trees, etc. are vertical!
OK, I got this wrong. When the horizon is in the middle of the view, vertical lines are pretty close to vertical on our existing CGO3+ cameras. When you tilt the camera down, the vertical lines diverge at the top on each side of the view. This is normal for a wide-angle lens. This effect is especially annoying when a video camera is panned vertically from upwards (mostly sky) to downwards (mostly ground). The referenced video has the horizon in the middle the whole time.

Please don't start adding 'fish eye distortion' to the list of things people imagine are wrong with the CGO3+. The stock lens is not at all bad for distortion. Sure, you can do better, but compared with GoPro lenses and the nasty stuff you get with the cheaper action cameras, it's pretty good for most uses.

Reactions: John S
Please don't start adding 'fish eye distortion' to the list of things people imagine are wrong with the CGO3+. The stock lens is not at all bad for distortion. Sure, you can do better, but compared with GoPro lenses and the nasty stuff you get with the cheaper action cameras, it's pretty good for most uses.
Agreed. I'm actually quite happy with my CGO3+ camera, considering that it's a moderately wide-angle lens.

How is the stabilization in the new camera?
The reason I am asking is that I have seen some complaints from users that have switched out their lens with the 8.25 Peau.
They claim that the gimbal does not give enough stabilization for the narrower field of view lens and vibrations were noticed.
Does the new CGO CI have internal stabilization to remedy this issue?

I've heard of the same complaint/concern with the 8.25mm lens. I'm curious if the people experiencing the vibration have balanced their props and are still having the vibration.

Prop balance is not the root cause of 8.25 mm lens vibration issues. The gimbal was not designed to dampen higher magnification lenses and no amount of prop balancing will change that. As image magnification increases so do the effects of vibration.

The camera and gimbal were designed to work together at only one focal length and in that they function extremely well together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Seems to me everyone would agree on some third party developer (hint hint) to create an adapter that would merge a Zenmuse 5S with a Typhoon H 520 and we all would spend money and both companies would profit. Where is the problem here? Maybe a micro four thirds NDVI lens to slap on it for good measure.

The 520 is not yet listed at the Yuneec site. It would be astounding to see the camera before the aircraft.

As for "adapting" a DJI camera, my guess is it would require a heck of a lot more than we might think to accomplish. All DJI equipment runs control code through the main system to function.

As far as NDVI you can have a CGO 3+ converted for NDVI or try what I'm going to and that is to get the CGO 2 (gopro) to work on the h for NDVI

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements