Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Cgo3+ fisheye?

I just took these pictures! Look at the wall! Is this normal?

Yuneec Typhoon Camera Extended Threaded Lens Mount – Peau Productions

No, this is not normal but it is Yuneec-Style

"The CGO3+ gimbal camera features a high quality glass 98° field of view, wide-angle lens, and offers manual camera settings while in flight."

"Sie verfügt über eine hochwertige gläserne Weitwinkellinse mit einem Blickwinkel von 115° und lässt sich während des Flugs manuell konfigurieren."

Just an update on this. Yuneec.de contacted me and told me that the camera I sent them is the one with 115° fov and it will have the fisheye problem. They now asked if I want the 98° lens camera, so I will try that one.

Just an update on this. Yuneec.de contacted me and told me that the camera I sent them is the one with 115° fov and it will have the fisheye problem. They now asked if I want the 98° lens camera, so I will try that one.
Wow! The CGO3+ is available with two different lenses from Yuneec! That's news to me. I've always wondered why some people's videos shot with TH have a curved horizon whereas mine is always straight, even when near the top of the view.
Robban, have you tried out your new camera with the 98-deg lens yet?

That's news to me. All of my photos and videos have the fisheye appearance. I think I would rather have a wider FOV. The fisheye kinda looks cool.

Attachments

• YUN00131.jpg
    YUN00131.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval