Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New DJI Camera

Speaking of different cameras, in my mind, and I know this has been talked about in previous threads but a different gimbal with available software to run small cameras such as the small lightweight a6300 would possibly be a valid idea.

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Speaking of different cameras, in my mind, and I know this has been talked about in previous threads but a different gimbal with available software to run small cameras such as the small lightweight a6300 would possibly be a valid idea.

I would like to try the Z camera E1. I think it might be a great upgrade but would need gimbal and video transmitter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snagglesworth
My Sony a6000 has one **** of a digital zoom function but that is a whole different story. ;)

I wish somebody would come up with an interface for WiFi --> video/data downlink with a 1/4" gimbal mount so I could put my 6000 or 6300 on the H. THEN we'd have something. :)

Reactions: Forrestt
Yuneec at least got it right for a start. The gimbal/camera is (easily) removable. The first company (DJI or Yuneec) that releases a SUPPORTED SDK for camera/gimbal support is going to be well rewarded financially. Could you imagine one of the Zenmuse cameras on the H? I think it would be a major "Wow!" factor.

DJI is too arrogant to do it. Are you listening, Yuneec? You built the best drone, but the CGOx cameras have ALWAYS been inferior. Let somebody else build the right camera, and the world will beat a path to your door.

Yuneec, you paying attention!! You had better pick up the pace in regards to camera options. This is similar to what a lot of us are looking for. PLEASE!!!!!!!!
This is only a $10-$20 additional piece of hardware by using a varifocal M12 lens in replacement of the fixed M12 lens of the X3. The fact they have doubled the price of the camera is simply outrageous. I hope their costumers don't think that hey have performed some magical wizardry and think it's somehow they are not getting screwed by buying it.

That's why they make the H920. Small, inexpensive systems like the H, Chroma, and Phantom are fine for hobby level functions but stepping up to heavier, more capable cameras requires lift capability this small stuff just doesn't have. You want to fly a GH4, NEX, or a6000/a6300 you best be prepared to part with some cash. Not only for a more capable flight system but for the camera and lens as well. If you want to fly a full size sensor you'll pay a lot more. My a6000 and a good 20mm lens cost me more than my H. Now toss in a multirotor and gimbal to carry it, along with a video link to move the product out of the camera. I built an 810 just for this purpose and you won't be running out and buying one with a decent 3 axis gimbal and good FC for under a few grand any time soon.

Something I find amusing is people tossing out all the DJI camera options while stating Yuneec needs to step up. Likely none of those talking about the optional DJI cameras have one because the camera by itself costs almost as much, and in some cases, double what an entire H costs. It's the same old desire for steak on a beans budget that's been around the RC hobby for decades. In any case, this is a Yuneec forum, not DJI.

This is only a $10-$20 additional piece of hardware by using a varifocal M12 lens in replacement of the fixed M12 lens of the X3. The fact they have doubled the price of the camera is simply outrageous. I hope their costumers don't think that hey have performed some magical wizardry and think it's somehow they are not getting screwed by buying it.
How do they adjust the optical focus in the varifocal lens?

That's why they make the H920. Small, inexpensive systems like the H, Chroma, and Phantom are fine for hobby level functions but stepping up to heavier, more capable cameras requires lift capability this small stuff just doesn't have. You want to fly a GH4, NEX, or a6000/a6300 you best be prepared to part with some case. Not only for a more capable flight system but for the camera and lens as well. If you want to fly a full size sensor and you'll pay a lot more. My a6000 with just a 20mm lens cost me more than my H. Now toss in a multirotor and gimbal to carry it, along with a video link to move the product out of the camera. I built an 810 just for this purpose and you won't be running out and buying one with a decent 3 axis gimbal and good FC for under a few grand any time soon.

Something I find amusing is people tossing out all the DJI camera options while stating Yuneec needs to step up. Likely none of those talking about the optional DJI cameras have one because the camera by itself costs almost as much, and in some cases, double what an entire H costs. It's the same old desire for steak on a beans budget that's been around the RC hobby for decades. In any case, this is a Yuneec forum, not DJI.
Something I find amusing is how many people have negative comments about everything someone else posts. My wife & I have owned a landscape photography business for nearly 20years and have some very expensive gear. Please do not start making presumptions. Oh, and by the way, thank god you informed me that this is a "Yuneec" forum....I had no idea.:eek:

Last edited:

I see one for $42, Peau productions. Where are they cheaper. Thanks.

I believe mwelr was referring to what he suspects is the only thing Dji has done to make this camera a "zoom".
Not exactly, what dji appears to have done is to use something like this Marshall Electronics V-4304V8 4 to 8mm Varifocal Lens in place of something like this, Marshall Electronics M12-Mount 5.0mm Fixed V-4705.0-2MP-VIS-IR
and charged 500 dollars for the pleasure.
The lens I refer to has fixed focal length but has the ability to shift its focus to subjects near and far.

Reactions: Forrestt
Reactions: banned user
Something I find amusing is how many people have negative comments about everything someone else posts. My wife & I have owned a landscape photography business for nearly 20years and have some very expensive gear. Please do not start making presumptions. Oh, and by the way, thank god you informed me that this is a "Yuneec" forum....I had no idea.:eek:

Forrestt,

Perhaps you took what I meant the wrong way. The point of this being a Yuneec thread is that far too many have deliberately disrupted non DJI product threads to call attention away for the thread topic and redirect it to DJI. In many other cases those people and others go out of their way to disparage any non DJI product. The same has been happening in this forum, one dedicated to Yuneec products, and this thread was initiated with a DJI comparison without mention of the cost of those camera upgrades, which places them out of the price class ball park of the H.

My comments about fitting larger cameras to smaller MR's was not meant to be negative, but informative. The H simply does not have the capability to lift the additional weight of something like an a6000/a6300 and the gimbal necessary to carry it. even if it did the useful flight time using the current motors/ESC's and battery would likely be less than 5 minutes and require running at max throttle to do so. Since you have been involved with high end photography for a long time you clearly understand the relative cost of equipment to quality provided. Many in this forum don't have that experience and don't know that heavier high end equipment doesn't fit the <550mm class of MR's, or recognize the cost differential associated with those upgrades.

So I had no intention to offend but my delivery is usually direct and abrupt. Things get done faster that way. Some people don't like it, some don't care. I can't please everyone, and don't try to.

When they make something for my Nikon P610 the I will have something.
This is the essence of the problem, we are expecting aircraft makers to build solutions for our cameras. The camera has traditionally been an afterthought with them.
When the likes of Nikon or Sony start to make machines for their cameras thats when this game will take another leap. I wonder how much Dji pays Sony not to develop a quad or hex.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval