Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Drone Firmware Realeased for the H!!

Ive been aware of the Heat Issue with the IMU for a long time and mine was the first reported IMU to get ****** with heat. With the Help from my Friend FPVGUY we were able to come up with an idea to fix the IMU from over heating

Have Not had time to install it but will soon

View attachment 3239

What is that thing , a hood scoop? :)

Hmmm well so far no "bad" news. And if it helps with Compass issues, I think I'll dive in and try it...

Reactions: John S
I don't believe the error code 32....calibration error is a heat issue.
My H worked fine with all the updates.......never an issue with telemetry files reading errors. The latest version, prior to todays release, every flight was fine, however the telemetry files would read error code 32 at random times throughout the flights. Just lasting 1 second, and not showing on the st16 or in flight behaviour.
I just think they tightened up the tolerance a little too much in the firmware. Still don't like seeing that in the telemetry though.......hopefully this new release gets rid of it.
IMO only though.

Reactions: Graham
I'm still sitting on the fence with regards the last two updates, especially as we have some rough weather coming in for this week, hopefully this last update cures everyone's problems, I might be tempted to update again.

I did speak to Yuneec CS about 7 weeks ago about excessive heat coming from the gps unit, and was told this is normal and nothing to worry about, strange reading comments made in this post Yuneec are now concerned after all about the heat build up.

Last edited:
Ive been aware of the Heat Issue with the IMU for a long time and mine was the first reported IMU to get ****** with heat. With the Help from my Friend FPVGUY we were able to come up with an idea to fix the IMU from over heating

Have Not had time to install it but will soon

View attachment 3239
Interesting, but black has a high emissivity, even if it's just because you might be parked mid air taking some shots that void will get hotter than it would if that cowl were in white..I'd reprint in white if you have the chance.

With the new update, did anyone notice there is only a single rising tone when powering off the TH?

In the past I usually got a single rising tone on power on, and a double rising tone when powering off.

Z

Last edited:
Interesting, but black has a high emissivity, even if it's just because you might be parked mid air taking some shots that void will get hotter than it would if that cowl were in white..I'd reprint in white if you have the chance.
For sure paint the whole thing white and put a Gopro sticker on it and tell people it's the new GoPro Phantom 6 Hex :)

It's actually called a 'thermal calibration'. I have done this with the Revo boards that I use. Link here: Revo - Sensor Calibration — LibrePilot/OpenPilot Wiki 0.1.4 documentation

Ah, OK, not talking about the H. The H goes through a barometric adjustment of some sort as part of the startup process, and usually zeros the height readout on the ST-16.

The Pro with IPS can accurately read height within range of the sonic sensors, possibly as high as 10 meters or so. Future upgrades of IPS integration might provide new H capabilities. Now it does at least keep you from landing with the legs up.

...no praying while trying to land...

I don't know how you guys manage to have an extra hand to pray with... I'm holding the kite string with one hand and the remote with the other...

I can only dream of the day that I can stop using the kite string... maybe thats today? I'm downloading the firmware to the the unit as I type this....

Ah, OK, not talking about the H. The H goes through a barometric adjustment of some sort as part of the startup process, and usually zeros the height readout on the ST-16.

The Pro with IPS can accurately read height within range of the sonic sensors, possibly as high as 10 meters or so. Future upgrades of IPS integration might provide new H capabilities. Now it does at least keep you from landing with the legs up.

Not sure how this IPS works, but I was the other day flying very low, about 50cm from the ground without legs so I am not sure how can IPS keep me from landing without legs as it didn't move legs down automaticaly when lowering altitude. And my altitude is not always read correctly I must say. maybe because I am mostly flying/landing on grass.

Did the update to 2.25 tonight and took the H (not a Pro, no RealSense) out to test it out. Performed a complete calibration sequence and rebind. Bottom line: flew great, overall. As one David Wilson noted, top speed under GPS seems to be a bit lower, I saw 27.2mph GS (negligible wind). GPS off was faster (30+) but only had limited running room. Flew out to 1200 feet and telemetry started cutting in and out, but retained video feed for the most part. I rarely fly that far away in the city. I have an Itelite DBS antenna but didn't want to do a distance test over the city. I'll try it at the coast in a few weeks. Under 2.24 the Itelite went out to ~4,000 feet before it faltered, optimal conditions (coastline, very little RF). Far enough for me (for now). Tried out cruise control tonight - really love it and looking forward to using in video work. Same for photo "trim" controls - great quick-adjust utility for a photographer. Controls seem a bit smoother. Really, no issues to report. Landed great on RTH.

Really, I'm fairly new to this. Been flying model helos for fun for a few years, this is the most expensive rig I've ever invested in. I love aerial photography and this is my ticket (or at least the first and least expensive one). Some questions:

After flying, should I wait until the batteries are cool before charging them to storage level? They tend to be warm (but not hot) after flying. I wait until they are cool and so far, flying times and voltages are holding up (likely 10 hours of fly time on each of two batteries).

What is maintenance schedule for an H? Motor life? Tips and tricks? I take great care of it and so far, zero problems. I'd like to keep it that way.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• Sunset.jpg
    Sunset.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 24
What is exactly storage voltage ? I thought discharging battery by flying to about 14.5-14.8 V is the way to go. How could I know to charhe to specific voltage ?

What is exactly storage voltage ? I thought discharging battery by flying to about 14.5-14.8 V is the way to go. How could I know to charhe to specific voltage ?
Storage voltage is around 50% for a Lipo. You never want to store Lipo's full. And yes, its a good practice to not recharge your Lipo's right away, wait for them to cool first. Discharging them to the low voltage cut off on the ST16 is below the standard for a single Lipo cell which is 3.7v. Typhoon H batteries are 4S so they contain 4 cells. 3.7v * 4 = 14.8v. Much below this and you risk over heating and swelling your batteries which significantly reduces their life.

Greg

Consensus that I've read seems to be about 60% charge for storage. Post-flight, I put my batts on charger for 40 minutes, which when reloaded into the H puts them at about 60 percent charged when I math out the voltage (per the display). So it's an educated guess, but so far so, so good, the batts continue to full charge to nearly 17 volts before flights.

Storage voltage is around 50% for a Lipo. You never want to store Lipo's full. And yes, its a good practice to not recharge your Lipo's right away, wait for them to cool first. Discharging them to the low voltage cut off on the ST16 is below the standard for a single Lipo cell which is 3.7v. Typhoon H batteries are 4S so they contain 4 cells. 3.7v * 4 = 14.8v. Much below this and you risk over heating and swelling your batteries which significantly reduces their life.

Greg
Thanks for this information, Greg.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop