Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new firmware 2017 ?

I no it says personal property replacement for accidental loss or damage at price bought + if t cost e at time of replacement inflated cost

Reactions: photomike72
My problem with sending mine to yuneec is when mine arrived there was no sn or hi number on bird unless it's under realsense module .Tec told me to use gui to connect to h and foster it under the vehicle I'd # that comes up on gui eachhas it's own # .so when I called to see about what to do about this firmware fail they wanted it sent in .vs asked for an I told them how Tec told me to register it and vs said no we need a an but tech said the I'd is seen when they plug it in for diagnostics so I'm afraid to send it got get lost

will contact my agent and see if they can translate SF's definition onto my policy.

thanks!

You really need to proof read your posts before submitting them.

Each H has a serial number affixed to it that starts with the letters YU. Each flight controller also has its own serial number that can be observed when you connect the aircraft to the GUI. That number initiates with a series of 8 numbers and a dash. The YU number on the bottom of the aircraft is what is used for product registration and the tag should be located either directly behind or under the gimbal mount.

The GUI thing is a personal problem. If you choose not to install it, or use it, or are afraid to make use of it, or don't have the necessary equipment to install it, you are in over your head and should sell your H to someone better prepared/more capable to deal with the technology.

yes when you land it lands soft when you let off stick to push shut down on props it revs back up on the rear motors like its trying to level itself but pushes all the way till it turns over

If you get it on the ground and get the motors to idle, just flip the mode switch to RTH and the motors will stop instantly! I found this accidently one time just as i was landing and bumped the switch! Also note, that you can't start the motors with the mode switch in RTH.

Reactions: JoePGM
good luck .people are doing all recalibrations .i even recalibrated st16 and still has issues .for mine to fly flawlessly anwith every update till last one its the firmware. glad i bought insurance incase it crashes
When you calibrate, are you at least 15-20 ft from metal. Remove watch, keys, key fob, any blue tooth devices or other electronic devices. Keep your ST16 away also during the calibration. And don't forget concrete has metal regarding in it, so keep your distance from concrete to calibrate. Don't do as some and try to calibrate on a roof top.

When you calibrate, are you at least 15-20 ft from metal. Remove watch, keys, key fob, any blue tooth devices or other electronic devices. Keep your ST16 away also during the calibration. And don't forget concrete has metal regarding in it, so keep your distance from concrete to calibrate. Don't do as some and try to calibrate on a roof top.
Rebar

Each H has a serial number affixed to it that starts with the letters YU. Each flight controller also has its own serial number that can be observed when you connect the aircraft to the GUI. That number initiates with a series of 8 numbers and a dash. The YU number on the bottom of the aircraft is what is used for product registration and the tag should be located either directly behind or under the gimbal mount.

The GUI thing is a personal problem. If you choose not to install it, or use it, or are afraid to make use of it, or don't have the necessary equipment to install it, you are in over your head and should sell your H to someone better prepared/more capable to deal with the technology.
I don't think you understood me there is no visible sticker with serial number on it the when shipped has the side of cardboard that they said should have a sn on a sticker on box wasn't there I ordered it nd new . hen reverting I had to ask where and how to find it when I couldn't the tech told me to use the gui program hook it to h at bottom of screen will be that specific vehicle I'd number . It was a big headache but the vs person I talked to 3 months later told me something diferent and I do understand it and have everything hooked up I have 6 computers and one dedicated to just my H .I had no problems sending it in as long as it doesn't get tied up in red tape .I k the gimble and looked the only thing I haven't taken off is the Intel real sense module and the tech at that time came up with the other way to register it he said if it wasn't broke no need to remove it

Last edited:
You are correct, i did not fully understand you, and why I mentioned you needed to proof posts before sending them. A fair portion of your earlier post was unintelligible to me. If you are using a translation program issues like that are understandable. If not...

Regardless, the YU # is what's needed to register the sale and should be where I said it should be. If not and it is under the RealSense, simply remove the Real Sense to see if it's there. If it is not, call who you bought it from to back track the serial number. Worst case use the auto pilot number when contacting Yuneec by phone and explain your dilemma to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: DB1
It's called a personal article policy

Attachments

• 20170121_191244.jpg
    20170121_191244.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 33
You are correct, i did not fully understand you, and why I mentioned you needed to proof posts before sending them. A fair portion of your earlier post was intelligible to me. If you are using a translation program issues like that are understandable. If not...

Regardless, the YU # is what's needed to register the sale and should be where I said it should be. If not and it is under the RealSense, simply remove the Real Sense to see if it's there. If it is not, call who you bought it from to back track the serial number. Worst case use the auto pilot number when contacting Yuneec by phone and explain your dilemma to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is what I'll try .I can only go by what I see and what they tell me but I will take the realsense off now just didn't want to void warranty

Once again I will not be updating, I have not updated my Q500 or thr 4 K or either of my 2 H machines I have not had any trouble with any machine, I do fly for recreation and personal photography and all these machines do what they are supposed to do

I am happy with the last (Nov 2016) firmware release.
Unless they move the GPS on/off to the AUX button. I see no reason to upgrade again.
My personal 2 cents

yes yes yes....GPS to AUX button (or the guide-process to mapping every switch we want)

Reactions: John S
I've owned my H since July and the few times my unit didn't land as expected (like

I've owned my H since July and two times mine behaved in this way.

After reading a few other posts here I think I had unintentionally/accidentally switched to smart mode (Angle mode is my normal mode) and was trying to land the H too close to me.

If I understand correctly from other posts if you try to land the H to close to you (in smart mode) it will not set completely down nor will it shut the motors off in fact it will almost always tip over in the direction away from the ST16 control unit.

Just a thought.

You can use the FlightLog Parser in the ST 16 to review your flight data and it will show what mode (angle, smart, EMERGENCY, etc) you are in at any time, the position of the H (3 views), and both of the stick movements.

I have 2 Typhoon H models. My H pro with RealSence is currently at Yuneec service because when landing at it's second flight the motors surged and it flew wildly sideways and tipped over into a snow bank with a little smoke emanating from the fuselage vents. The Windows GUI app indicates that the ESC module is bad. The motors will not start and it beeps (error) when you turn it on. Yuneec support reviewed the flight logs and said it was not pilot error and is under warranty so I sent it in.

My 'basic' Typhoon H just did a similar thing the last day I flew it. It was flying a bit erratic when I brought it in for a landing (about 2-3 feet from ground) and just as it touched down the motors surged and it flew off to the side while I was holding left stick down and using my right hand to reach over and press the kill switch. I had to keep holding the left stick down in order to try to stop the power surge -it didn't. The motors didn't stop until it tipped over and the prop(s) hit the ground. It then went into emergency mode and started beeping and I shut it off.

It had been calibrated (for about the 3rd time), battery still had a good charge, It flew fine before that flight AND the next (short) flight I took it on right after that happened.

Reviewing the flight logs with Flight Log Parser in the ST16 shows that there was no pilot error such as accidentally switching on the smart mode, pushing the left stick up, or pushing the right stick to the side (or any direction).

Both of my H models have the latest firmware. The basic H had it installed when I got it. I had to update the Pro with the latest firmware when I got it. The new firmware was already included in the SD chip that was in the ST16 for the Pro but not installed. I found it curious that they included the latest firmware files but chose not to update the H, the ST16, or the camera.

I must admit I am really nervous about flying my hexcopters now. I can handle replacing a prop or 2 if/when it tips over on landing. However I live on a lake and 95% of my flying will be over that lake and I would hate for there to be any firmware problem that would cause it to drop out of the sky . . .

Reactions: Fast blades
when i hold down stick it goes to idle but before you can push red button they rev and flip it foward and nothing like this or even flyaways happened till this last firmware update.dont get me wrong i love my h but they have to get this stuff straightened out i called support asked for a reboot file to start over they just want me to send it in

I have exactly the same experience like yours at last week, you can read my story below

If you get it on the ground and get the motors to idle, just flip the mode switch to RTH and the motors will stop instantly! I found this accidently one time just as i was landing and bumped the switch! Also note, that you can't start the motors with the mode switch in RTH.

It's good to know that, really handy hack at the moment ;)

=== MY STORY (posted on another forum)===

Hey pilots,

Just a quick sharing about landing precaution.

Make sure you hear the motor changed the tone that exactly the same where you start the motor. I have the experience yesterday whcih i landed on the grassland that is not perfectly flat. The bird landed and touch ground with no problem. I keep pulling the down trigger so let it sitting for 2-3sec. However the props spin goes up once I release the trigger. The spin, obviously won't powerful enough to take your bird off, but enough to lean your bird and so my props get touch the ground
emoji24.png
. Fortunately the grassland is soft and no hurt to my props and bird.

So please be careful to listen to the motor tone change.

ok patr i took off reasense module and still no yu #

PatR. I took off real sense module and like I stated there is no yu # for an anywhere on my drone

Attachments

• IMG_20170125_135944.jpg
    IMG_20170125_135944.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20170125_143227.jpg
    IMG_20170125_143227.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20170125_143154.jpg
    IMG_20170125_143154.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

Members online

Forum statistics