Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

NEW FIRMWARE SEP. 1st

There is a history of inconsistent results on each device that is updated that can't be ignored. Most people are lucky and get it running fine but some are not and it's not their fault.

It might come down to the actual hardware interpreting the firmware differently based on the production date?

I have spend hours working with owners on the problems and there is no user fix that I am aware of. I have contacted Yuneec, but it's a holiday so better to wait for now.

I'm not challenging you but where are all these threads? Mind posting some links?

There is a history of inconsistent results on each device that is updated that can't be ignored. Most people are lucky and get it running fine but some are not and it's not their fault.

It might come down to the actual hardware interpreting the firmware differently based on the production date?

And people wonder why Windows has problems. It's a wonder it's ever worked at all.

I'm not challenging you but where are all these threads? Mind posting some links?
I can do that but not right now. I am on a number of different sites. I have seen around 20 significant crash reports following the update. That is a significant number is such a short period of time. Even a friend of mine lost his H right after the update and he is very experienced. It's pretty difficult to retrieve a bird that ignores the controller.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
You ever had an old computer that works good and updated to the latest Windows .....that's the end of the computer.

Nope. And I've had a lot over my 35+ years in the industry. That's what I do for a living, but then again, that's what I do for a living too.

I can do that but not right now. I am on a number of different sites. I have seen around 20 significant crash reports following the update. That is a significant number is such a short period of time. Even a friend of mine lost his H right after the update and he is very experienced. It's pretty difficult to retrieve a bird that ignores the controller.
Hi Steve, I'm only on this forum so I've not seen anything about 20 other posted crashes...that could suggest the actual number is higher if everyone is not on a forum or Yuneec facebook or twitter page...
Could you summarise any common traits in the crashes you read of, I'd love to have an idea of the risks..and then maybe see if a an attempt to downgrade the FW is possible.

Have you noticed, if all crashes were within a certain number of flights since the update?
Were there any conditions in common? like certain max altitudes, smart modes, etc..
Were they a mix of Pros and Adv's
Were they a mix of EU US (and now think I read there is AUS)
Or anything else in common....(all newbie flyers, or all just purchased in the last month so maybe a batch problem not related to older ones)
I wonder how serious this is...and if I should consider waiting on more info before flying??
Thanks ....

Reactions: Steve Carr
Hi Steve, I'm only on this forum so I've not seen anything about 20 other posted crashes...that could suggest the actual number is higher if everyone is not on a forum or Yuneec facebook or twitter page...
Could you summarise any common traits in the crashes you read of, I'd love to have an idea of the risks..and then maybe see if a an attempt to downgrade the FW is possible.

Have you noticed, if all crashes within a certain number of flights since the update?
Were there any conditions in common? like certain max altitudes, smart modes, etc..
Were they a mix of Pros and Adv's
Were they a mix of EU US (and now think I read there and AUS)
Or anything else in common....(all newbie flyers, or all just purchased in the last month so maybe a batch problem not related to older ones)
I wonder how serious this is...and if I should consider waiting on more info before flying??
Thanks ....
First off, if you have updated and are not having any problems then I'm guessing you're good.

1. Of those you have had a problem, most seem to have over a year of experience with multicopters. New owners are less likely to update since the procedure requires at least some knowledge of the process.

2. Those who reported problems say it occurred in the 1st or 2nd flight. Most were immediate.

3. The reports include 3 errors but not necessarily all. Compass calibration error. GPS lost. Complete loss of flight control response.

4. I have not paid enough attention to the location of based on EU or US so that would be good to ascertain.

5. The model doesn't seem to matter.

6. I'm accustomed to seeing issues of various types after a firmware release. The thing that sets this one apart is the severity and number of skilled pilots who have had serious damage because the H stopped responding to the controller.

Reactions: banned user

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis