Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd fly it without updating for a while. The current firmware is good and shouldn't give issues. Don't overlook reading the manuals and viewing the instruction videos on YT. Sounds like you have plenty of experience and shouldn't have difficulty with updating. Just be careful to follow the update instructions closely. Welcome to the club and good luck!
The single most important things are to wait for the GPS receivers of the TH and ST16 to acquire enough locks, and to NOT take off in SMART mode, or the TH will immediately try to put 25 feet of distance between itself and the ST16. This has resulted in cases where people have crashed their brand-new TH within the first few seconds of their very first flight.

Reactions: Trevor869
What is IMU preheating??

As rebelronc said, it is the Inertial Measurement Unit. Changes in temperature, i.e. warming up during regular use will affect an IMU. Thus it seems the firmware will do something to warm up the IMU before you begin to fly which should increase stability and possibly make it easier to detect IMU errors.

Reactions: mcbutler
Am I missing something here? After the Firmware update my ST16 is showing APK version (second line down) and my Typhoon H is showing AIRCRAFT vice TYPHOON H even though in the upper left corner it says model: Typhoon H. Yet everything appears to work. New glitch?

Screenshot_2017-02-24-20-13-54.png

Reactions: Nuance
Perhaps this is the new nomenclature because the H920 can also use the ST16, double emphasis on which aircraft you are reviewing... just a guess.

APK just seems to be their new terminology. A APK file is a Android Package file, a way of distributing and installing Android apps. Seems appropriate for the ST16.

I don't believe there's a glitch, CD.

I have installed today's upgrades on 3 TH's, 2 ST16's, and 2 Cameras. All seem to be working good, but no extensive tests yet.

I also used the GUI to change the max height on one bird to 300 meters (you can go higher). Took it outside, dark here now, and ran that sucker up to almost 1000' before you can say Holy ...uh... Cow.:eek: Looked like a new heavenly star.

One thing very noticeable: not as twitchy when trying to land.:)

APK just seems to be their new terminology. A APK file is a Android Package file, a way of distributing and installing Android apps. Seems appropriate for the ST16.

Yes, and the upgrade does also upgrade the Android system.

Im going to wait a little bit to see how new update goes i just got mine straightened back out a few weeks ago .

Exactly, but doesn't it seem strange that they are now listing the APK file version vice the actual version of the components upgraded within the ST16 as they did in the past.

Perhaps this is the new nomenclature because the H920 can also use the ST16, double emphasis on which aircraft you are reviewing... just a guess.
Either that or whomever did the last firmware update forgot the simple task of populating the few lines of code which are supposed to add the correct variables to the names. In other words if it says AIRCRAFT, that is the default because no name existed for the variable "Model".

If my screen is the same as everyone else's screen after the update, then I guess for this update, this is the way it will be.

I don't believe there's a glitch, CD.

I have installed today's upgrades on 3 TH's, 2 ST16's, and 2 Cameras. All seem to be working good, but no extensive tests yet.

I also used the GUI to change the max height on one bird to 300 meters (you can go higher). Took it outside, dark here now, and ran that sucker up to almost 1000' before you can say Holy ...uh... Cow.:eek: Looked like a new heavenly star.

One thing very noticeable: not as twitchy when trying to land.:)

Glad to hear all is well. It is too late here to give mine a try, but everything appears to be working. Just seems to me that there was an oversight with adding the correct data to the ST16 "ABOUT" screen.

I am glad the update is working for everyone. I am happy with the last firmware, and do not see any real improvements from what I already have. Now if they move the GPS off/on to the AUX button, put a heading display either and arrow or actual compass indication I would be tempted to up-grade. Yuneec is a bit slow with updates, but they do seem to be listening to the users wants.
Been too busy trying to get the receiver in my RC glider working correctly. Turning Gyro gains up too high have some not so funny results.

Reactions: mcbutler
I went ahead and updated my new Typhoon. Two packs through and no problems.

I am happy with the last firmware, and do not see any real improvements from what I already have.
From my perspective, the IMU pre-heating is huge. I haven't had any control problems or flyaways, but I wouldn't be surprised if lack of pre-heating was responsible for some of them. DJI has had this feature for a while and doesn't allow their drones to take off until the IMUs have reached normal operating temperature . I frankly assumed Yuneec did this as well and just didn't provide an indication of it.

I'm a brand new, literally just purchased my Typhoon 2 hours ago, user. I have flown many quads and hexacopters, build quite a few as well, but this is my first Yuneec. The first thing I always do is check the latest firmware. Mine is on 3.01.b27. When I learned the update came out just now, I became a bit concerned.

Should I update my Typhoon? Do Yuneec upgrades typically go well?
You should have no problems when you do the update. Just follow the video link on the download page. Follow it exactly!
No hurry to do the update if you choose to wait. Your current firmware should be fine, but updating is always a good practice, provided everyone is reporting good experience.
Before you fly the first time you will want to do the compass and accelerometer calibrations. After you do that and then reboot the H, let it sit with the motors off for about 13 minutes. That will allow the GPS to get an exact fix on the H and the ST16. After that first flight you won't need to do that again until you update again. Updating the firmware erases the stored memory for GPS coords, accelerometer and compass calibrations and generally the date and time.

Reactions: jcowgar
I've got to say I'm pretty disheartened in this release. Yuneec Reps baited us with an upcoming map release among other functions that we should expect the middle of January. Now it's basically March and this in reality is nothing more than a maintenance or house keeping update unless I'm missing something so far. Sure the IMU Preheat is a definite improvement but come on man, I feel disheartened everytime I go from the other guys flight control software back to Yuneec's. I love my H Pro and I love Yuneec, please **** get your game together and get us out of the dark ages with our software and flight modes.

Reactions: eric bee
I will be waiting a long time for this firmware to be field tested before I even think about installing it in my H. My H has been fly perfect since I got it back from Yuneec after the last update....

What was your altitude issue and why do you "need more altitude"?

Hi Skyler,

No issue but the altitude resriction we all encountered. I need more height because I video flying objects that gain more altitude then 120 mtrs.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval