Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New firmware

Sounds like he was being a smartass. Just pullin' your leg.

Exactly the same place I arrived at with that one.

As for the firmware, I have some pretty nice new additions functioning on my ST-16 that I really like. Indeed, part of the firmware upgrade was directed towards the Real Sense module but since that can be bought already installed on the Pro model or added by buyers of the "Standard" version on their own it makes sense to have all the ST-16's ready to accept the unit if the Standard users buy and install it. It does not make sense to have a two firmware versions running on ST-16's.

I don't know if I've been lucky or that most of the H users haven't had any trouble and haven't been vocal about their good experiences but from day one mine has worked fine. All the calibrations were easy and "took" the first time. Control functions have worked as advertised. Video is pretty good. Not perfect but I paid less for the H than I did for my a6000 and a couple lenses so I don't expect the H to deliver product better than an mirrorless camera costing more. Matter of fact, I paid almost the same price for a nice little X8 that didn't have a camera at all about two years ago. I might just break down and give a shot to playing with the focal point, when I finally stop having fun flying the darn thing. I doubt the camera on the H actually costs much over $100.00 to make but the gimbal is **** good.

Last year I built an 810 hex just to carry the a6000. By the time all was said and done, with a 3 axis gimbal that cannot perform as nicely as the one on the H I have a few thousand more in it than I paid for the H. It certainly couldn't come out of a box and be ready to fly in 5 minutes. Yuneec does make a product that will carry the weight of a high quality mirrorless but it costs a heck of a lot more than the H. Given a little more time to mature and one just might make it into my hangar. If we want a low priced product we should expect some trade offs, especially with a first release.

For a first release of a new product it's doing ok. It could be like some earlier versions of something else that would roll over and destroy itself or take off never to be seen again. I fully expect this system to mature much more rapidly than the model just referenced. So we've had them a couple months and the first firmware update did some pretty nice things. I'm not complaining and in fact looking forward to learn what more good stuff the next upgrades might bring. This little thing is almost like steak on a beans budget. As for range, I can't really comment. I fly only LOS and mine can fly further than I can see it to effectively control it. That's as far as legals allow anyway in this country. I won't be one to complain because I can't continually break the law. Too much trouble might come of that kind of stuff later.

Last edited:
It was actually me bring the smart *** :) the thought that the upgrade was for the pro only didn't make much Real Sense to me:)
Exactly the same place I arrived at with that one.

As for the firmware, I have some pretty nice new additions functioning on my ST-16 that I really like. Indeed, part of the firmware upgrade was directed towards the Real Sense module but since that can be bought already installed on the Pro model or added by buyers of the "Standard" version on their own it makes sense to have all the ST-16's ready to accept the unit if the Standard users buy and install it. It does not make sense to have a two firmware versions running on ST-16's.

I don't know if I've been lucky or that most of the H users haven't had any trouble and haven't been vocal about their good experiences but from day one mine has worked fine. All the calibrations were easy and "took" the first time. Control functions have worked as advertised. Video is pretty good. Not perfect but I paid less for the H than I did for my a6000 and a couple lenses so I don't expect the H to deliver product better than an mirrorless camera costing more. I might just break down and give a shot to playing with the focal point, when I finallly stop having fun flying the darn thing. I doubt the camera on the H actually costs much over $100.00 to make but the gimbal is **** good.I built an 810 hex just to carry the a6000. By the time all was said and done, with a 3 axis gimbal that cannot perform as nicely as the one on the H I have a few thousand more in it than I paid for the H. Yuneec makes a product that will carry the weight of a high quality mirrorless but it costs a heck of a lot more than the H. If we want a low priced product we should expect some trade offs, especially with the first release.

For a first release of a new product it's doing ok. It could be like some earlier versions of something else that would roll over and destroy itself or take off never to be seen again. I fully expect this system to mature much more rapidly than the model I was just referencing. So we've had them a couple months and the first firmware update did some pretty nice things. I'm not complaining and in fact looking forward to learn what the next upgrades bring. This little thing is almost like steak on a beans budget.

Reactions: Kahuken
Yup sounds like it

I just updated both the st16 and the H. Now the controller can't see the H... ANY SUGGESTIONS? I have tried the binding part in the manual, but I can't get the main light to turn orange rapidly.... Dang it. I guess it's my turn... And for just updating... Remind me to never do that again..

I got the video to bind and can see myself from the camera on the ST screen, but none of the other features work.. No control... No readings... Etc
I can even record and playback. But nuttin else... Shoot
I do now have a version on the H in the "about controller" tab. 3.2.07(A)... Didn't have the version before.

Last edited:
You are not doing it right. There is nothing wrong with the new firmware. When doing the binding process, you may need to tilt the AC more.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis