Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

I know it doesnt but that is what he did.... and he then used it to flash the whole st16 and H.... or at least that is my understanding. It was after he dad that he started having all kinds of problems it would seem.

When you try to flash a wrong file with the update-software, you "kill" your drone.

The only way to recover is shown in the video

Reactions: Grimsin
GENUIS!!!!! I was doing it wrong by having the battery inside and powering on thanks for clarifying

The battery doesn't have to be inserted and the copter doesnt have to power on

It flashed TyphoonH_FC_V1.29_21_10_2016.yuneec but it still restricts my height to 122m

GENUIS!!!!! I was doing it wrong by having the battery inside and powering on thanks for clarifying

The battery doesn't have to be inserted and the copter doesnt have to power on

It flashed TyphoonH_FC_V1.29_21_10_2016.yuneec but it still restricts my height to 122m

clear your app data, add a new model, config and bind, calibrate acc and compass, start GUI and set your hight limit.
FC 1.29 does not have a limit for 400ft/122m

Reactions: Grimsin and Ralphy
clear your app data, add a new model, config and bind, calibrate acc and compass, start GUI and set your hight limit.
FC 1.29 does not have a limit for 400ft/122m

Thanks everyone it freaking worked! I appreciate the guidance and the patience.

Ok...been following this for a while and
Following Ralphy's problems and with Grimsin's patient help I was also able to Backdated my H this morning to auto pilot 1.29...
I was able to adjust my height in the GUI to 550 ft and flew three battery's from 200 to 550 ft with no problems
I kept the H in eyesite range ( about 1250 ft) to watch its movements and saw no problems. No drifting at any altitude and no TB effects.

Two important things to note is NOT to have a battery in the H or turn the battery on while doing the update thru the GUI

The other is to remember to Clear the app data on the Controller and do the add new model, config. bind and calibrate Acc and Compass per Wedbster's post
Go back into the GUI just to be sure and adjust the Height limit and distance on smart mode

I'll test distance next week when the weather gets better

PS... all extra features work referring to the tab adjustments for the camera controls and cruise control tabs

Reactions: Ralphy
Yeah I actually would send me your PayPal if you helped me and I'll be happy to send you a donation for your time. Or I can send you a free battery tray so you can fly the H with a kickass 8000mah battery or I can send you a free charger adapter completely assembled ready to charge your factory battery in 30 min. All with lifetime warranty for free.

Tis the season for giving Happy Holidays

Last edited:
Yeah I actually would send me your PayPal if you helped me and I'll be happy to send you a donation for your time. Or I can send you a free battery tray so you can fly the H with a kickass 8000mah battery or I can send you a free charger adapter completely assembled ready to charge your factory battery in 30 min. All with lifetime warranty for free.

Can you loan me 20 till payday....

I would love one of those battery trays.... i was going to buy one off ebay but have not been able to find them. THe youtube video that shows them has a link but its no good anymore :(

I would love one of those battery trays.... i was going to buy one off ebay but have not been able to find them. THe youtube video that shows them has a link but its no good anymore :(

Yeah I stopped production a little over a month ago. The 3d printer was overheating lol. I have about 5 that were traded in for other products so I can most certianly send one to you for a "lifetime evaluation" of performance and durabilty.

Yes i make the 3d print landing gear Y too, in case anyone wants some. Just buy 2 500mm hollow 5mm carbon fiber rods and you'll love the way they work. you can also use 3/16" wood dowels which is cheaper than carbon fiber.

Cheers!

Yeah I stopped production a little over a month ago. The 3d printer was overheating lol. I have about 5 that were traded in for other products so I can most certianly send one to you for a "lifetime evaluation" of performance and durabilty.

Yes i make the 3d print landing gear Y too, in case anyone wants some. Just buy 2 500mm hollow 5mm carbon fiber rods and you'll love the way they work. you can also use 3/16" wood dowels which is cheaper than carbon fiber.

Cheers!
Haha awesome! Ill pm you more.

Shot this one earlier today as a courtesy for those who participated in a local event we had down here. very stable everything worked really well.

Reactions: Rubik and Grimsin

Cheers!
Was it you that posted the .stl file on Thingiverse? I downloaded it and I'm going to print it using Carbon Fiber filament. I'm curious as to why you decided to stop production.

No it wasn't me that was a similar copy of my design on thingiverse

Be careful it doesn't melt if your doing it yourself you've been warned

It took me a lot of research along with the help of a colleague from MIT to find the right material .

It takes a minimum of about 218C (424F) to melt ABS / Carbon Fiber filament - Less for PLA. A Nylon filament would be better as it take about 245C (473F) or more depending on the filament to melt. I can't imagine that the battery comes anywhere near these temperatures while in use. What I don't know is what temperature is required to deform these materials. Maybe it's closer to the max operating temperature of the battery?

It takes a minimum of about 218C (424F) to melt ABS / Carbon Filament Less for PLA. A Nylon filament would be better as it take about 245C (473F) or more depending on the filament to melt. I can't imagine that the battery comes anywhere near these temperatures while in use. What I don't know is what temperature is required to deform these materials. Maybe it's closer to the max operating temperature of the battery?

Your right , but printing those walls in abs is the challenge. It falls apart.

If you can print in nylon your also in luck.

Battery temps get to 145F in 95F weather at noon flying in the sun normally .

Sounds like a layer adhesion issue. I print thin walls like that often and haven't had any problems but I won't know on this until I try :)

c03883465.jpg
Thanks for the help. BUT, my screen has the same things except "Large Text" isn't there between "Magnification..." and "Auto-Rotate...". What could that mean? I solved the problem by Resetting the tablet and rebinding the camera and TH.

I've been given a file from Yuneec that updates the st16 to fix the height restriction issue from the last update. Interesting that they are not updating the H as some have done by rolling back the firmware. I've done the update and hopefully will test in the morning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop