Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

I've been given a file from Yuneec that updates the st16 to fix the height restriction issue from the last update. Interesting that they are not updating the H as some have done by rolling back the firmware. I've done the update and hopefully will test in the morning.

My request has turned into questioning my warranty and having to reprove purchase. What's the AP number?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My request has turned into questioning my warranty and having to reprove purchase. What's the AP number?
AP number?

If you mean the st16 update file number. It's the same as the last update, but if I change the file extension from .yuneec to .rar then extract it the .bin number is one higher than the original update. It was suggested that this update file will be in the next firmware update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

If you mean the st16 update file number. It's the same as the last update, but if I change the file extension from .yuneec to .rar then extract it the .bin number is one higher than the original update. It was suggested that this update file will be in the next firmware update.

[/QUOTE]

So it's AP 1.31? I'm asking what it says in the about controller section after installed and everything is initialized. Did you rebind everything? I ask because I did extract 1.29 out of 3.0 update and rolled back my AP to get back my height settings for a gig. It did not need to rebind but I did it anyway. I've had no issues. I'm wondering if they actually wrote a new AP or just changed the designation of what worked before in 1.29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've been given a file from Yuneec that updates the st16 to fix the height restriction issue from the last update. Interesting that they are not updating the H as some have done by rolling back the firmware. I've done the update and hopefully will test in the morning.
Please let us know how it works.

So it's AP 1.31? I'm asking what it says in the about controller section after installed and everything is initialized. Did you rebind everything? I ask because I did extract 1.29 out of 3.0 update and rolled back my AP to get back my height settings for a gig. It did not need to rebind but I did it anyway. I've had no issues. I'm wondering if they actually wrote a new AP or just changed the designation of what worked before in 1.29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]
The update was for the ST16 transmitter and not the Typhoon H and the version number stayed the same.
Unfortunately when testing yesterday morning I found that it still topped out at 119m as before. I called Yuneec again yesterday to report no improvement in the height and hopefully will have a call from them on Monday with the solution.

The update was for the ST16 transmitter and not the Typhoon H and the version number stayed the same.
Unfortunately when testing yesterday morning I found that it still topped out at 119m as before. I called Yuneec again yesterday to report no improvement in the height and hopefully will have a call from them on Monday with the solution.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Interesting. I think the dpad cruise control was perhaps the glitch in 1.29.

Unfortunately when testing yesterday morning I found that it still topped out at 119m as before. I called Yuneec again yesterday to report no improvement in the height and hopefully will have a call from them on Monday with the solution.[/QUOTE]
Did you clear the flight data?

Unfortunately when testing yesterday morning I found that it still topped out at 119m as before. I called Yuneec again yesterday to report no improvement in the height and hopefully will have a call from them on Monday with the solution.
Did you clear the flight data?[/QUOTE]

It should not be ST16 firmware that controls the height restriction. That makes no sense. Considering that the extraction of AP firmware, as described in previous posts, does roll back your control of altitude limits, it would seem the fix should be to auto pilot firmware.

The fix will end up being with the autopilot. I've had the same issue and after two calls over three weeks and no call back with a fix I decided to keep my autopilot rolled back to 1.29. Everything else is updated to the latest. Runs fine. I have a feeling Yuneec is either going to really drag their feet or that we won't see a fix until the next update, if ever.

Yes I did clear the flight data. As you have all mentioned, I was suprised when they said the update was for the ST16 and not the Autopilot as we all know that rolling back the Autopilot to 1.29 fixes the issue. When I mentioned the roll back they did not seem to know that this fixed the issue. They also did not seem to have tried the file themselves and were going to try it and get back to me. I will give them another call on Monday.

And after they hang up ..... they are laughing their asses off.

3 weeks left and Yuneec still not know anything :D

Comment a bit unfair really. Yuneec UK have great customer service and I'm sure they will get it sorted.

Yes I did clear the flight data. As you have all mentioned, I was suprised when they said the update was for the ST16 and not the Autopilot as we all know that rolling back the Autopilot to 1.29 fixes the issue. When I mentioned the roll back they did not seem to know that this fixed the issue. They also did not seem to have tried the file themselves and were going to try it and get back to me. I will give them another call on Monday.

They don't acknowledge these forums where we are doing the real beta testing.

They have a very big update going through testing at the moment, with people travelling around the world to bring the international teams together. The update is going to please a lot of people (and fix the height issue I believe). Unfortunately that means they don't have many people left to test hacks to fix the height restrictions in the short term. It's a question of priorities - introduce major new features, or run around after every request that pops up in these forums?

Reactions: Ralphy
They have a very big update going through testing at the moment, with people travelling around the world to bring the international teams together. The update is going to please a lot of people (and fix the height issue I believe). Unfortunately that means they don't have many people left to test hacks to fix the height restrictions in the short term. It's a question of priorities - introduce major new features, or run around after every request that pops up in these forums?

You mean like why isn't it exactly like a DJI? The ridiculous please make me a custom drone that does things not even physically possible because I'm still not happy nor do I want this do any post to my shots.

Noticed some issues today on the st16 with features i dont usually use. Obstacle avoidance stopped working, led on off options doewnt turn off the leds, and watch me mode wont work despite being in safe mode.

The interesting thing is that if i clear the flight log and rebind the transmitter and camera everything works normally for like 3 or so flights and then j loose those features again.

Any one else tried watchme, the led switch, or the obstscle aviodance with no issues after rolling back to 1.29?

Reactions: m5zealot

Sounds like a bang for 2017!

Noticed some issues today on the st16 with features i dont usually use. Obstacle avoidance stopped working, led on off options doewnt turn off the leds, and watch me mode wont work despite being in safe mode.

The interesting thing is that if i clear the flight log and rebind the transmitter and camera everything works normally for like 3 or so flights and then j loose those features again.

Any one else tried watchme, the led switch, or the obstscle aviodance with no issues after rolling back to 1.29?

I've tried the led... no problem... but my rollback messed up the dpad cruise control but I don't care as I don't need it.

Reactions: Ralphy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece