Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Firmware

Look at your link for V3.01. Modify the link to 3.00 ... use an unzipper and extract 1.29 autopilot from V3.00
Do it with 1.29 instead 1.28 in the video
What? Lol. I tried modding all the various addresses none of them work for a 3.00. neither the EU or the US site... or that video and its site lol. Have you actually done this because if not im inclined to say it doesnt work.,

and of course everything im reading it with is saying its an invalid .bin....

After this new update it has taken away the camera view for the Pilot in Command using Team Mode.. I called Yunnec and they said they took that off for a reason of bad video feed.. I did not experience that at all

After this new update it has taken away the camera view for the Pilot in Command using Team Mode.. I called Yunnec and they said they took that off for a reason of bad video feed.. I did not experience that at all

V3.01: -> Mutli ST16s can bind one camera now.

In software version 3.01, we have fixed the following errors and added the following feature:

With the new update, two ST16s can now be linked with a CGO3 +. This allows both pilot and camera operator to track the live image of the camera.

Reactions: Grimsin
7zip worked dunno why my other zip program didnt recognize it... either way end result is... confirmed. ;)

Reactions: wedbster
I couldnt go over 400 before the firmware but could use the GUI software to adjust that. You can adjust all your geofences with the GUI software. As far as I know its still possible after the new firmware although I have not tried since i updated yesterday.

Yes, mine is the same. No Higher than 390ft now. GUI makes no difference.

I really wouldn't recommend mixing firmware versions at this point. Things like the redundant channel stuff may appear to work, but you risk that the ST-16 switches over and the H just doesn't know about it. Things could go very wrong.

The 400ft limit is a pain, but unless you've got a pressing need to exceed it right now, it would probably be safer to wait for Yuneec to address the problem, hopefully with a new firmware release.

I really wouldn't recommend mixing firmware versions at this point. Things like the redundant channel stuff may appear to work, but you risk that the ST-16 switches over and the H just doesn't know about it. Things could go very wrong.

The 400ft limit is a pain, but unless you've got a pressing need to exceed it right now, it would probably be safer to wait for Yuneec to address the problem, hopefully with a new firmware release.
I really don't think its a "problem" they are going to address. I think at this point the only way to get Yuneec to do anything is to write them and fill out one of these waivers everyone keeps talking about and getting a firmware update from them. Until I hear of someone saying they actually have the firmware update in hand... I have my doubts about it.

That leaves me to have to deal with it myself...So far it is working fine. If someone happens to know exactly what updates were made between 1.29 and 1.3 autopilot that would be helpful. As far as I can tell right now the only difference in 1.29 AP and 1.3 is in fact the restriction of height. EVERYTHING else is working fine. I will continue running more tests today but so far no issues. Even flying at extreme distances.

Besides... just extract the 1.3 AP from the the 3.1 update and keep both AP's on hand and you could update and rollback as needed. Anytime you need to ditch the 400ft restriction just rollback. When your done... update back to 1.3 Takes like 10 seconds. Just like the play store fix's... If you have any experience flashing android roms this is all vary easy and switching between a moded version and back to factory is a cinch.

If someone happens to know exactly what updates were made between 1.29 and 1.3 autopilot that would be helpful. As far as I can tell right now the only difference in 1.29 AP and 1.3 is in fact the restriction of height.

I may be wrong, but didn't 1.3 introduce channel redundancy? That means the ST-16 can hop over to the 5.8Ghz link to control the H if the 2.4Ghz link drops. It would be very risky running the ST-16 on 3.xx if that software assumes that the FC can also be controlled on 5.8Ghz, when in fact the FC is running an older version of the firmware that does not work that way. The first thing you'd know about it would be a flyaway.

BTW if Yuneec or that one guy who claims he can write apps for the st16 are seeing any of this... Please put the GUI on the ST16 so I can plug the ST16 into the Bird and use the GUI from it to do stuff. That would be awesome sauce. Then I wouldn't even need to return to a laptop.

I may be wrong, but didn't 1.3 introduce channel redundancy? That means the ST-16 can hop over to the 5.8Ghz link to control the H if the 2.4Ghz link drops. It would be very risky running the ST-16 on 3.xx if that software assumes that the FC can also be controlled on 5.8Ghz, when in fact the FC is running an older version of the firmware that does not work that way. The first thing you'd know about it would be a flyaway.

Easy to test.... While inside... so it cant go far. Start unscrewing antenna. If it trys to fly away then you know its an issue. At anyrate I dont think a flyaway is an issue here. According to other posts, I have not had this happen myself, if the H loses any of its signals it will automatically fly itself back to the ST16. So if what your saying about the redundancy is true and it were to try to switch over and be unable... it would return to home automatically.

I'm with you Tuna. Updates go hand in glove so you'd need to rollback ST16 with autopilot. Seems like a lot of risk just to break the regulations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

To each their own. Again no issues here and I have both the ST16 rooted and playstore fixed as well as the autopilot rolled back. Ill let everyone know if i encounter any issues.

To each their own. Again no issues here and I have both the ST16 rooted and playstore fixed as well as the autopilot rolled back. Ill let everyone know if i encounter any issues.

I guess I don't see it that way. This is a fledgling field with such great potential but the level of ignorance form the general public about why we fly is astounding. Every person who decided that they are above the stated and common sense parameters regarding our air space envelope is putting in my opinion all of us at risk of being grounded.
I'd hate to see self policing become real policing. Just because my car can go over 100mph does not mean it's a smart thing to do. Obviously the disregard for 400' created the new fence with the firmware update so there would be no compliance issues with the TH moving forward since the regulations came into place during H development.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

And there is still waivers to get around it perfectly legally and nothing says that is not what I am doing. If I had an FAA waiver allowing me to go over 400 I would then have to wait for Yuneec to figue it out and No thanks. Further more as was stated already according to someone who prolly knows better then most of us just flying drones... we can go 400 feet over a skyscraper allowing us to go technically 1400 feet if the skyscraper is 1000 feet...

If we all just succumbed to "the law of the land" the US wouldn't exist So sorry if i 100% disagree with you.
No one is getting permanently grounded as Amazon and Walmart wont allow that to happen.
And seriously dont any of you have anything constructive to say other then oh no your breaking the rules wah wah? seriously... its so old. You make me want to go brake the rules just to ruin YOUR day. Even if they ground you... it wont stop me. ;)

I would also bet my life... that little of what has gone on with the FAA has anything to really do with your safety and a whole lot more to do with amazon and walmarts ideas... and the FAA just wanting to insure they get their hands in the mix. Up until august Amazon and Walmart could have moved forward with no restrictions and having to pay nothing to anyone to do so. Now... they have to get waivers and permits from the FAA. funny how that works isnt it... but yet... the average joe has been flying drones and RC stuff all over for awhile now.... but yet moments after amazon announces amazon air... FAA enacts part 107. yea... safety my rear end.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval