Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Junior Senior Member

Reaction score
Joined but a very short time ago. Age is 74 but young at heart and been in R/C
for good number of years. Most of my planes are gone including some 1/3 scale. I went into helicopters some time back and have one Mini aircraft 2cycle
gas update model and it's huge. Never flown it, don't want to see it pile up.
A good number of 450 3Ds and built most of what I have. A few years back, got caught up in the Drone craze! hi hi I'm a ham op as well. N0EK. Goes well with the electronic back ground. I rebuilt a tarot 680 to equal a 750 or 800. Will take up to 19 inch props but running 14 inch on it and S6 battery, will stay up for upward or 45 minutes, possibly longer. Craft has a gimbal and separate 4K camera as well as a OSD home brew system. Great flying machine and have to new N3 for it. Had to send the N3 back for defect but recently it was returned. My newest member to my small collection is a used Yuneec Typhoon q500. I had some problem after a number of good flights. The main board has two chips near the outer edge of the motor wire connections causing the red flashing light to stay on and no GPS connection. New board on the way. The GpPro3+ on the craft is awesome. I would suggest that those of you that are new and have had memory message problems as I first did. Call CA and they will walk you thru a memory clear. The Yuneec I have, was never crashed and in excellent shape and a dream to fly. From beginner to experienced pilot, it's a
hoot. hi hi My photo is myself and Bubba, a pet wild moose about 1 1/2 yrs old. Good animal and wouldn't hurt a fly but State of ND didn't think so and had him put down. What a shame. Had I known they were going to do that. I would have trailered him North and let him roar free in the wild where he belonged. Due to big oil is why he should up at my place and the apple trees kept him busy as well as my taking care of his injured front right hoof. That's my story guys and I'm sticking to it. Have met Steve Carr on line for help and believe me, the man knows what he's doing. Many Thanks Steve for your help and suggestions. Good Flying Guys and Safe landings as well.
Respectfully
hiflyer1/EdK/N0EK

Attachments

• IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: Murray Martz
Welcome to this forum, Ed.
When did you move from South Dakota...oops, I mean North Dakota?
Have fun and don't let Steve pull the wool over your eyes.:D

Reactions: hiflyer1
Gud to meet you Ray and Tnx too for the report. Used to snow bird in Texas. Really enjoyed getting spoiled. Now, back in semi cold country, hi hi. Well, came back to home stomping grounds where I grew up some 74 yrs ago. I needed medical attention and some pretty serious. Just had aneurysm surgery on March 8 so still recouping but doing ok as long as I behave myself and that's a challenge too! hi Yes, Steve is a good helper for sure. I learned even more when I called CA for learning how to recoup the memory in the S10+/ not to difficult.
I couldn't connect my Yuneec for the main board is out and one on the way and thanks to Steve for the most urgent info he sent and I 'hair'd' out on the board. The site he gave is awesome and perhaps the best I've seen so far for yuneec q typhoon parts and then some.
Anyway, look forward to being around awhile. I have lots of good flying room here in Newark where I live in an apartment complex and the manager has given me permission to fly around the grounds and one couldn't ask for better. GB Ray and Tnx agn. Hope to see/hr from you soon. Pass what info I can to help. Wish it would warm up more, tired of winter type wx! hi Gud Flying/Safe too./ Ltr/hiflyer1/EdK/N0EK/ham op as well. Can't U tell! Long typed! hihi

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Yuneec quadcopter’s. If your new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!

Reactions: hiflyer1
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Yuneec quadcopter’s. If your new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!
Many Tnx TJ. yes, rules mean very much and all for good, safe reasons. Sad to see how only a few can ruin it for the rest of us. I was at 400 feet not to long ago and this small piper come out of no where it seemed and he was well below me. I couldn't believe it. No tail pin so couldn't call it in. Don't see that to often and Thank God there was no problem.
Tnx for the post. Hpe to see you agn soon, been at it awhile.
Maybe advanced but no expect! hi hi
Tke Care/Safe Flying As Well.
hyflyer1/EdK/N0EK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech