Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New old guy

Reaction score
My name is john, bought a Q500 4k, new. Had it for a few days and all is good, put 3 flights so far. Easy to fly even with 12 mph winds. Only problem i am having is connecting gui to q500. No big deal, im sure its the usb programmer unit, so i ordered another.
It just keeps saying disconnected, trying port 4. And pops up a message saying, output data coming back on input line, Check connection. Usb works, I tried everything mention on web site. Even does it by just plugging usb in without connection to the bird. Anyway, I'm sure it's the usb programmer.
Yuneec web site has been acting funky last few days, couldn't register it for warranty, so i emailed them and Andy replied with in hours and took care of it.

I looked at a maverick, but decided yuneec has a better reputation for customer service than dji, plus q500 4k looks better.
I'm enjoying it and already looking at buying the typhoon h in a few months.

Reactions: Steve Carr
My name is john, bought a Q500 4k, new. Had it for a few days and all is good, put 3 flights so far. Easy to fly even with 12 mph winds. Only problem i am having is connecting gui to q500. No big deal, im sure its the usb programmer unit, so i ordered another.
It just keeps saying disconnected, trying port 4. And pops up a message saying, output data coming back on input line, Check connection. Usb works, I tried everything mention on web site. Even does it by just plugging usb in without connection to the bird. Anyway, I'm sure it's the usb programmer.
Yuneec web site has been acting funky last few days, couldn't register it for warranty, so i emailed them and Andy replied with in hours and took care of it.

I looked at a maverick, but decided yuneec has a better reputation for customer service than dji, plus q500 4k looks better.
I'm enjoying it and already looking at buying the typhoon h in a few months.
Welcome. You made a good choice with the Q. It's one of the most stable and smooth flying camera platforms ever built and has been exceptionally reliable.
When connecting to the GUI you need to download the driver in order to make the connection to the Q. The link for the download is right on the first page of the GUI. About the only time you need the GUI is to run the diagnostics to verify everything is working properly. It's also a good way to check individual motors.

Welcome. You made a good choice with the Q. It's one of the most stable and smooth flying camera platforms ever built and has been exceptionally reliable.
When connecting to the GUI you need to download the driver in order to make the connection to the Q. The link for the download is right on the first page of the GUI. About the only time you need the GUI is to run the diagnostics to verify everything is working properly. It's also a good way to check individual motors.
Yeah, I downloaded the driver. It went through ity all twice, still doesn't work. Blue light on programmer is rapidly flashing so I know the driver is working and program is communicating. It comes up with the same message whether the bird is physically connected or not which leads me to believe it's not communicating past the cable on the usb programmer device. The new programmer will be here tues. And I'll see if it fixes it.
As far as not needing gui, true, but nice to have to check things out occasionally and when you buy something new, everything must work as advertised when you spend the kind of money on these things.

Check out this link.

I think their problems was solved with new cable. When you get your new cable let us know if that worked.

GUI not connecting
Yeah, everything ive read about the same issue, message from gui, points to bad cable, ive found nothing else with the same symptoms that have any other fixes. Ill post results when new cable comes in tues.
I am happy with this q500 4k, it's fun and addicting, once I know there are no issues, I'm going to put the ite antenna mod on it. I'm waiting before I do it because I know it will void warranty, so i want to make sure everything works properly and get a couple flight hours in it.
I noticed at 350' the video froze, didnt go black screen, but came back on the st10+, I think ant mod will help that.

Yes... 100% you have a bad usb adapter for the GUI and a new one will fix your issues with that.
I have done both the radio mod (ITElite) and the Q mods as well.
I get out just under 5000' feet with the mods.
Just remember the farther away the Q gets the longer the lag in video signal. At 5000', you might have a 4-5 second lag.
Happy flying,
Jafo

Last edited:
Yes... 100% you have a bad usb adapter for the GUI and a new one will fix your issues with that.
I have done both the radio mode (ITElite) and the Q mods as well.
I get out just under 5000' feet with the mods.
Just remember the farther away the Q gets the longer the lag in video signal. At 5000', you might have a 4-5 second lag.
Happy flying,
Jafo
Thanks, I highly doubt I would go that far lol, more about keeping a good reliable signal for me.
If the new usb works, I plan on dissecting the out one and see If I can find the fault in it whether it is broken wire, bad connector, out of curiousity.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace