Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new pilot

Reaction score
Hey all,
I am looking to buy my father a drone for Christmas. He had a cheapy micro drone from brookstone that flew away outside one day. He is to frugal/ cheap to spend the money himself on a good one. So I am getting one for him. His requirements- camera
My requirements- Doesnt flyaway, reliable, parts availability, and somewhat user friendly (he likes technology but he is not technologically inclined)

I originally started with a dji but heard horror stories, but I liked their features.
Next someone told me a parrot bebop would be good for him. But, I dont like their FPV style camera.
I finally found the q500 with the st10 controller.
I like it because it offers SO MUCH. Can create an area that it wont fly out of, stabilization, built in camera, return to home, auto land and my favorite is the ST10 controller. I really like how it can track you.
Anyways, just looking for opinions.
thanks

No matter who's product you choose, it could fly away. They all have the potential for flyaway. I went the Yuneec route due to their customer service. They actually answer the phone.
How big of an area does your father have to fly in? Is he good at controlling the drone he had? Is he interested in aerial photography?
Yuneec offers several models that would fit the bill very nicely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33