Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New test with Typhoon H Real Sense

need to know what maximum speed is available with an efficient realsense (thinking following a VTT for example...)

Highly doubt it would be much faster than what a bicycle would be able to travel. Don't think it would be able to accurately navigate and avoid obstacles if it didn't have enough time to react.

I believe it's the same as Cable Cam - around 10mph.

It's a truly impressive demo - and here's where the 360 degree camera comes into its own - notice the section where it's ahead of the 'target', with the camera pointing back at him, but the RealSense looking ahead to avoid obstacles.

I don't know if I could trust it 100 %, I would be a nervous wreck going through that obstacle course. LOL

Reactions: abinder
Yes this is what I want later on. It still gets a little closer to things, before it detects objects then I would like. But that might improve
with time or updates. It works great at slow speeds, if it were following at higher speeds it would probably not have time to
stop and avert to another direction before crashing. I still want it!

Reactions: abinder
Incredible for it's first iteration. A few years of development and computing HP and this wil be mind blowing!

Yea this looks nice. Now just got to wait till Xmas for the module to be sold. No I don't know when the module going to be sold. But I really don't think its going to be soon. All things point to a big shortest of the Modules. So a Long time for us first time buyers. is it right no, but that the facts.

I believe it's the same as Cable Cam - around 10mph.

It's a truly impressive demo - and here's where the 360 degree camera comes into its own - notice the section where it's ahead of the 'target', with the camera pointing back at him, but the RealSense looking ahead to avoid obstacles.

Right, 10-11 mph tops using RealSense in any mode. Perhaps improve in future.

Bowhunt, thanks for this. Impressive video. Seeing and steering clear of the cables I had not seen before. Let's see what the Yuneec bashers have to say now. I'll admit I'm gonna be chicken to try that for awhile, lol.

Reactions: bowhunt
I just had a scary flight with my RealSense system enabled. I had forgotten I had turned it on, and went pretty far out. When starting the return leg, I was only getting about 6-7MPH and worried I would run out of battery before returning. After turning off RealSense, that speed increased to the usual, and I made it back in time. Quite a speed reduction having it on.

Reactions: yuneec53

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop