Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new to forum and drones

Reaction score
hiya fellas
just wanted to introduce myself and say hi
h pro bird
just flew for 10 min first time today
love it !!!!!
btw
HAPPY GOBBLE DAY EVERYONE !!!!!!

hiya fellas
just wanted to introduce myself and say hi
h pro bird
just flew for 10 min first time today
love it !!!!!
btw
HAPPY GOBBLE DAY EVERYONE !!!!!!
so i cant get anyone to talk to me so ill ask here has anyone used the gui and raised ceiling past 400ft and if you did how far and what was the vid feed like?
just entertaining the idea thought maybe somtime taking it up and geting one vid shot
i live way out in the sticks lol
dont want to loose the bird so a max ceiling number would be nice before loosing ant rx and tx trans

so i cant get anyone to talk to me so ill ask here has anyone used the gui and raised ceiling past 400ft and if you did how far and what was the vid feed like?
just entertaining the idea thought maybe somtime taking it up and geting one vid shot
i live way out in the sticks lol
dont want to loose the bird so a max ceiling number would be nice before loosing ant rx and tx trans

I'm not sure too many people will admit that they have moved it past the legal height in the USA/Canada - as it seems generally frowned on... I have not done it myself, mostly because I use a MAC and they don't have a GUI for mac and I'm too lazy to install it into Fusion....

I'm not sure too many people will admit that they have moved it past the legal height in the USA/Canada - as it seems generally frowned on... I have not done it myself, mostly because I use a MAC and they don't have a GUI for mac and I'm too lazy to install it into Fusion....
well not saying i would attempt it but would be nice to know its limits and if im out in BFE and around the corner from boy you sure do got a pretty mouth lol, taking it up once to get a 360 shot and coming back down just to say holy crap lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone_Video
Most of the best video or pictures you will ever take will be below 200'. Going higher with a wide angle camera like the CGO3+ is not going to show any detail. Try it at 400' and see what you get and try some at 100' to compare. The only time I fly higher is when I'm in a valley and fly up over a ridge line. Might be well to get some flight time in before exploring the universe although I understand the desire to do so. The beauty of this platform is it's ability to take low level video that you simply can't get with a full size aircraft. Going 30 mph at 75' looks amazing compared to 30 mph at 500'.

Reactions: joedirt2009
As Steve says, there is a pretty wide range of ability that the TH offers, altitude is one of them, and the 6 rotors handles and cuts wind better than other crafts. The body design doesn't act like a sail (like there previous versions and the DJI stuff) so it moves nice in winds not friendly to other platforms. This makes higher easier to do but from a camera point of view Steve has said, and many will back it, that the lower level flights offer some really good video for you. Take a look at what people post and the the super high ones are less interesting to watch (other than for the record breaking aspects) than the lower levels flights.

here is an example of one I did on my channel, that I don't think I broke 100' but most of the footage is under 30 feet....

and one of my favorites:

You will find your style - and from a technical point of view of "capability" I see no reason to be concerned the TH can't do higher than 400' - you just have to stay legal in your country of flight.

Reactions: joedirt2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ernst