Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New User Question

Reaction score
Two part question I guess. I just pulled my new TH Pro out of the pack and have updated to the latest firmware released the middle of November. On the old firmware when I go to tab mode I had an icon to open the Flight Control app back up which is now gone. Also why do they include the Play Store and Google Maps but it does not function?

Two part question I guess. I just pulled my new TH Pro out of the pack and have updated to the latest firmware released the middle of November. On the old firmware when I go to tab mode I had an icon to open the Flight Control app back up which is now gone. Also why do they include the Play Store and Google Maps but it does not function?
Android base they use probably comes with google play.
Hit the home button from tab mode to go to the flight mode app. I guess they rewrote the app with launcher hooks and made it the default launcher.

The fellows who are much more experienced than I sold me on the H with the ST16 for the ability to do low impact video editing using apps from the Playstore for clients to preview. I'm guessing from what Im seeing so far that I was a bit bamboozled with that.

You really didn't want to do the editing on the 16 anyway. Way too little storage for what's involved. Like anything else out there, a sales pitch can be a bit misleading. You'll find it a good aircraft just the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda off topic of what I asked originally, I have the Typhoon H Pro currently and have recently met someone who has been flying the Inspire 1 2.0 since release. It looks like that bird would run me an additional $500 if I returned the TH Pro and picked one of those up. With your guys experience would that be a mistake? I have no experience with either yet so I'm learning as I go. He constantly raves over how happy he is with his Inspire. Are you guys equally as happy with the H after flying it a bit? In other words I'm second guessing my purchase and don't want to miss my return window if I should have went a different route.

Hi,

I guess it depends on what your intended purpose is. I think the THp is a flexible platform with plenty of scope for additional features, as seen with the realsense module and the new CGO-ET thermal camera. I'm new to drones myself and currently have the THp and the Autel XSP (which I intend to sell). In my own opinion I'm more than happy with the THp and would not consider swapping out for a DJI inspire V2.

An inspire 2 though..... :)

You have to think of full cost of ownership, batteries and Ipad etc. The H does what it does and is improving all the time. The Inspire 1 is toast now that the I2 has been announced - look at ebay used prices. If Yuneec come out with a comparible camera to the I2 then the H will equal the Inspire for many tasks at a reasonable price.

Not even close :) the Inspire 2 kicks the Typhoon H in the butt just with the duel batteries not to mention the camera. Yuneec is left in the dust on this one.

Not even close :) the Inspire 2 kicks the Typhoon H in the butt just with the duel batteries not to mention the camera. Yuneec is left in the dust on this one.

The Typhoon isn't a competitor to the Inspire - never has been. It's true that the Inspire 1 was getting so old that consumer level drones had caught it up, but the Inspire 2 costs at least four times as much as the Typhoon and more like eight times as much by the time it's fully specced up. If you want to compare anything from Yuneec to the Inspire 2, you'll have to look to the more expensive models.

If he's so impressed with it why is he selling it? I've only had one flight with my H but the 360 rotating camera is amazing especially when in CCC mode and with the correct setting on using the joystick to control the camera is top notch!

I am not interested in the Inspire 2, that bird is far too expensive for any of my needs. The question was based solely on the Inspire 1 2.0 which is somewhat comparable in cost. As mentioned above, I am finding when you break down the cost of ownership and add the additional accessories to the Inspire that's already included with the TH Pro the difference becomes obvious. I feel like over the course of a couple years, Yuneec will be the new leader in the copter industry. I've called Yuneec over 5 times during setup of my H with silly new guy questions and have gotten through to a real person that was very helpful each time. Yesterday while considering the option of the Inspire I made 9 attempts to reach DJI with questions about their product and waited in hold over a half hour each time until I was tired of holding without ever reaching anyone. Yuneec customer service is where it's at and that combined with their eagerness to advance their products is what has kept me their customer.

It is like comparing apples to oranges.
DJI does some things better than Yuneec, and vise versa.
Only question you have to ask, is whether or not the Typhoon H/Pro will do what you want it to do?
For me is filled many wants. It got me started in aerial photography, It was all inclusive. I did not have to buy an Ipad or other display device. Folds down pretty small. Is very stable even in high winds.
And above all the customer service is great. Yes Yuneec has had some growing pains in their service department, but I think they are slowly getting their act together.
And on top of everything else, take off the camera, turn off the GPS and the H is just a blast to fly.

It does not matter who is better, it is a question of which platform will do the job you want it to do.

Reactions: PatR

Umm...so cost does not enter into the picture....literally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Do you have an Inspire 2? Kindly give us a complete comparison if you don't mind. I thought they were in different categories.

Reactions: BlackHawk
Do you have an Inspire 2? Kindly give us a complete comparison if you don't mind. I thought they were in different categories.
They are obviously not. We should stop comparing drones unless its in the context of a specific purpose.

I don't understand the comparison at all, how can you possibly even attempt to compare a $1800 piece of equipment to one you would realisticly have 8-10k into after purchase to add the additional accessories required for real commercial operation. I'm sorry I ever asked the initial question to begin with, I should have known someone would go to an extreme with it.

I don't understand the comparison at all, how can you possibly even attempt to compare a $1800 piece of equipment to one you would realisticly have 8-10k into after purchase to add the additional accessories required for real commercial operation. I'm sorry I ever asked the initial question to begin with, I should have known someone would go to an extreme with it.
Yuneec and DJI in the same thread cause passionate wars, let alone in the same post. :)
But to answer your question the cameras are way different and so are these birds in the way they handle. My biggest turn off with DJI is the need for an apple device. I have heard horror stories and great anecdotes from inspire owners and same goes for every drone. Its how you would choose between cars. If you have a local RC group try getting in touch with owners and experience things first hand. Then decide. Now with v2 in tge market look at craigslist for some good deals.

The Typhoon isn't a competitor to the Inspire - never has been. It's true that the Inspire 1 was getting so old that consumer level drones had caught it up, but the Inspire 2 costs at least four times as much as the Typhoon and more like eight times as much by the time it's fully specced up. If you want to compare anything from Yuneec to the Inspire 2, you'll have to look to the more expensive models.

Nobody was comparing anything, just stating a fact that they where not even close so why compare?

I wish one can always dream though

Determine what you want to do, project what you may want to do. Research the systems that will fulfill the known requirements, then recognize you will likely want something new in 12 months. Understand the new product release cycle occurs about every 9 months. Buy what you need to fit the need. No more, no less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss