Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Windows Desktop GUI released 3/30. V1.02

Reaction score
Installed and it looks the same. Haven't tested - but release notes say it corrects connection and other bugs. Haven't gotten the bird out yet to test, but I do hope the connection problems are fixed ! It was such a cat and mouse game trying to get the v1.01 to connect to the H.

Reactions: THoff
Thanks for the post. I just got it off the YuneecUSA site. Hopefully it will help many who have had connection problems.

I had no problems using v1.01, then they changed to v1.02 but failed to change the version sequence, leaving it at v1.01. The latest version seems to me to be less stable than the first. Interesting the file name used for the upgraded download was the same as the first version so it over wrote the .exe file we had stored on our computers. Later they changed the sequencing number but the damage had been done. If you had started with the original v1.01 there was no way to go back after you downloaded the updated version. Better is the latest version has code in it that sets off virus warnings in numerous anti virus programs. People suggest there isn't really a virus present the vast majority don't have the ability to inspect the code to verify that. So you turn off your anti virus and install, praying there's no trojan, worm, "back door" or other nasty in the code, or you don't download, or you have your anti virus program clean the virus and install the .exe file anyway and hope for the best.

In any case, the program and the H are really sensitive to the condition of the USB to micro USB cable used. What you are provided in the kit might work just peachy for charging your transmitter but just as easily not work for making connection between your H and laptop. If you can't make a connection the first thing to try is changing the USB cable, after that look at the port mapping in your computer, assuring that STtechnologies shows up as being connected to a port, and to which port it is using. If the GUI and your port mapping show different ports, match your computer to what the GUI shows it is using. After that check which port the GUI is trying to use by perusing the drop down menu at the top of the GUI page. Although you connected via USB the GUI often appears to function when serial port is selected in the drop down menu instead of USB. Makes no sense but that the way it is.

I went into the property’s setting on the software & switched to admin user, now works each & every time! Also noticed when I did that the USB switched from Com to Port. Never less up & running.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio