Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newbie Questions

I agree Mortalis Guy ... I figured I'd have a long time to learn how to fly it ... or hope I would learn. That's why if I get one, I would like to get one soon so come winter, when I really would like to use it to record some riding, I'd kind of know what I was doing & hopefully, not crash it ... to often anyways ... :D

Besides, don't they tell older folks to keep learning new things to slow down the onset or prevent dementia .... this would help me in that respect, correct ?? WOO HOO !! ... ;)

I'm still on the fence about buying one, but I also know, I sure would like to try one ......... it's just using it in the great outdoors kind of spooks me I guess.

Gunny, you sure asked a lot of questions for someone " Who already know about this and that" quote:
I was just messing with you Guy! And answered your questions to the best of my ability, with the information you provided:):)!
Nice video by the way!;) I think it can serve your purpose for your style of adventures! Come on, get one and post some vids! They would look awesome!

Reactions: GunnyE9
Gunny, you sure asked a lot of questions for someone " Who already know about this and that" quote:
I was just messing with you Guy! And answered your questions to the best of my ability, with the information you provided:):)!
Nice video by the way!;) I think it can serve your purpose for your style of adventures! Come on, get one and post some vids! They would look awesome!

Well Thank You DC Guy ... I was hoping to ask some questions that not many others had ever asked !! :D

Like I wrote in my original post, I've been viewing this forum for some time. I've also been watching some flying & general Typhoon H vids, so yes, I did have an idea of what to expect in that regard. My main concern was, & still is, will the bird be a usable & worth while addition to my riding video's. Or will the possible dust, possible moisture, & other outdoor environments just ruin it ??

However, today, while driving my mom around to her doctor appointments & being totally focused on driving ... I was thinking ... it might be real fun to get one anyway. Now, if I could just find the deal I want with 2 or 3 spare batteries included, I might be REAL tempted ... WOO HOO !!

And I do really appreciate all the input from everyone ... it has settled my nerves a bit.

Well DroneClone Guy & everyone else that has been kind enough to work with me & answer my questions ... I just put my name on a bird with 2 spare batteries. The shop owner was home sick today & will be out of town tomorrow, so Monday, when he's back in the shop, I'll be buying me a new Typhoon H. Then I just have to wait for the spare batteries to arrive.

Anyway ... wish me luck .......... :eek:

Well Thank You DC Guy ... I was hoping to ask some questions that not many others had ever asked !! :D

Like I wrote in my original post, I've been viewing this forum for some time. I've also been watching some flying & general Typhoon H vids, so yes, I did have an idea of what to expect in that regard. My main concern was, & still is, will the bird be a usable & worth while addition to my riding video's. Or will the possible dust, possible moisture, & other outdoor environments just ruin it ??

However, today, while driving my mom around to her doctor appointments & being totally focused on driving ... I was thinking ... it might be real fun to get one anyway. Now, if I could just find the deal I want with 2 or 3 spare batteries included, I might be REAL tempted ... WOO HOO !!

And I do really appreciate all the input from everyone ... it has settled my nerves a bit.

I can almost guarantee you in 6 months there will be many bundle package options to choose from, with multiple battery, Wizard, backpack options to choose from. I hope you plan to get a UAS one day, cause I know you'll LOVE it !;)

I can almost guarantee you in 6 months there will be many bundle package options to choose from, with multiple battery, Wizard, backpack options to choose from. I hope you plan to get a UAS one day, cause I know you'll LOVE it !;)

OK, new guy here ...... UAS ?? ...... and that's just it, I didn't want to wait 6 months, so I'll take the offer I currently have.

Well DroneClone Guy & everyone else that has been kind enough to work with me & answer my questions ... I just put my name on a bird with 2 spare batteries. The shop owner was home sick today & will be out of town tomorrow, so Monday, when he's back in the shop, I'll be buying me a new Typhoon H. Then I just have to wait for the spare batteries to arrive.

Anyway ... wish me luck .......... :eek:

Anywhere near Texas? There is a really good dealer here that has them instock, ready to go, If you do not have a preferred vendor! CopterSource in Baytown , Texas, free shipping to boot!

Anywhere near Texas? There is a really good dealer here that has them instock, ready to go, If you do not have a preferred vendor! CopterSource in Baytown , Texas, free shipping to boot!

The dealer I've told to save me one is here In Utah & he'll pay the shipping. I mean, if I had to, I could drive to his location, it's only about 82 miles from where I live. It's Space City Drones In Heber City, Utah.

Nobody mentioned and I could be wrong but in follow me mode if you are climbing a mountain the H
will not adjust its altitude and will fly into the mountain side.

I know the Phantom will not adjust, I was in my Polaris RZR trying to get a video of me climbing a steep trail
and realized it was going to just fly into the side of the mountain.

I could not find any info on the H if it could adjust its height.

I read the wizard will allow for height to adjust. Will test tomorrow

The dealer I've told to save me one is here In Utah & he'll pay the shipping. I mean, if I had to, I could drive to his location, it's only about 82 miles from where I live. It's Space City Drones In Heber City, Utah.

Wow Heber actually have a drone store?
Last time I was there the population was like 100 people. lol

Nobody mentioned and I could be wrong but in follow me mode if you are climbing a mountain the H
will not adjust its altitude and will fly into the mountain side.

I know the Phantom will not adjust, I was in my Polaris RZR trying to get a video of me climbing a steep trail
and realized it was going to just fly into the side of the mountain.

I could not find any info on the H if it could adjust its height.

I've read & watched some vids & they "CLAIM" the Typhoon H WILL adjust it's altitude as it changes while following you or the subject. I guess we'll wait & see what Yufasa finds out. But I sure hope it will adjust.

Wow Heber actually have a drone store?
Last time I was there the population was like 100 people. lol

Well .... that's what the web site reads ...........

"Space City Drones is located in Heber City, Utah. We operate out in the beautiful country South of Park City, Utah"

I read the wizard will allow for height to adjust. Will test tomorrow

Great let us know, would be a good selling point.

I was told with the Phantoms if you use one of the newer iPads that has a barometer sensor, that provides air pressure readings
the Phantom will adjust height, nobody really confirmed this however.

A couple of clarifications.
1. The Wizard or the ST16 can be used to control the H, but not at the same time. There can only be one controller bound to the bird.
2. There are a lot of people in Alaska flying in the winter without any problems. You need to keep the battery inside your coat before you fly. Several of those people fly the Q500 below zero, just shorter flights.
3. The camera is going to record in 5 min file segments. You can combine those in an editor and they are seemless when done.
4. When flying in Watch-me mode, altitude is your friend. Flying to low may get you in trouble. The bird will follow the control in a straight line. If the bird is 100' behind you and you make a left turn the bird will turn left immediately. It won't wait and make the turn where you did. You just need to be high enough to avoid trees.

Lived in St George suburb of La Verkin, Utah for 6 years back in the 80's when it was hickville and it was so scenic with all the Nat'l Parks, Love to fly my H around there now!

A couple of clarifications.
1. The Wizard or the ST16 can be used to control the H, but not at the same time. There can only be one controller bound to the bird.
2. There are a lot of people in Alaska flying in the winter without any problems. You need to keep the battery inside your coat before you fly. Several of those people fly the Q500 below zero, just shorter flights.
3. The camera is going to record in 5 min file segments. You can combine those in an editor and they are seemless when done.
4. When flying in Watch-me mode, altitude is your friend. Flying to low may get you in trouble. The bird will follow the control in a straight line. If the bird is 100' behind you and you make a left turn the bird will turn left immediately. It won't wait and make the turn where you did. You just need to be high enough to avoid trees.

Thanks for the info Steve Carr Guy !!

Lived in St George suburb of La Verkin, Utah for 6 years back in the 80's when it was hickville and it was so scenic with all the Nat'l Parks, Love to fly my H around there now!

Yup, it is pretty .... in the spring, fall & winter ....... summers are just too dang hot for me .......... YIKES !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech