Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newbie questions

Reaction score
I've been lurking on the forum for a while and decided to pull the trigger and bought an H pro. Upgraded the firmware to the latest version (I know that's against some your recommendations), calibrated accelerometer, gimbal and compass and took it up for my first flight. Everything was fine until I brought it down to land and then it started the toilet bowl issue. Hadn't noticed it at all until I was down below 10 or 15 meters altitude. I was able to land it but it flopped over and killed the motors. The only "damage" I noticed was that two of the rubber mounts for the gimbal had popped out of the mounting bracket that slides onto the H. The other two mounts had a retaining pin in them and the stayed intact. Is that the way they are from the factory or did I lose two of the retaining pins? I also noticed that when I turn everything on and have GPS lock in angle mode that I have a solid purple LED on the H as I'm supposed to but I also get a white blink once every couple of seconds. I don't see any record of what that means. Anyone help me out with that?

BTW...I really appreciate all the info people provide here on this forum.

The purple means you are in Angle Mode (green for Smart Mode). White flashing means you have GPS lock.
There are just 2 retaining pins in the gimbal dampers.
If you are getting the toilet bowl effect call Yuneec. This is not normal and may indicate there is a problem with the H.

Thanks Steve. I'm going to try rebinding and calibrating and see what happens. If there is still an issue I will contact Yuneec.
Thanks again.

I was always in angle mode and never turned on OA. I did a recal and we'll see what happens. I originally calibrated the compass in the middle of the back yard and was at least 30 feet away from anything. After the landing I realized my underground electric service was almost directly under me when I performed the compass cal. Not sure if that had any affect but I did the next one out front where there is nothing close. Hope that resolves the issue.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Sounds like you have done your research. I'm sure you also noticed the general forum agreement on time for a good GPS lock, no matter what the ST-16 is saying. Just go slow for awhile...but, as Steve said, do not hesitate to call Yuneec if she acts up.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Sounds like you have done your research. I'm sure you also noticed the general forum agreement on time for a good GPS lock, no matter what the ST-16 is saying. Just go slow for awhile...but, as Steve said, do not hesitate to call Yuneec if she acts up.

I'm sure you also noticed the general forum agreement <- What is that?

I'm sure you also noticed the general forum agreement <- What is that?
On a first flight out of the box or after a firmware update it can take about 12.5 minutes to get a solid GPS location even though the controller shows GPS is locked in. This applies to all GPS copters. After that first flight, the H stores the last location so GPS acquisition is much faster. During a firmware update everything is erased in memory including the calibrations and last GPS location.

On a first flight out of the box or after a firmware update it can take about 12.5 minutes to get a solid GPS location even though the controller shows GPS is locked in. This applies to all GPS copters. After that first flight, the H stores the last location so GPS acquisition is much faster. During a firmware update everything is erased in memory including the calibrations and last GPS location.

Ah thank you :)

I just did a short test flight and heeded Steve's advice on waiting for GPS lock after performing another calibration. I let it sit for about 14 minutes before takeoff and had no issues during this flight.

I just did a short test flight and heeded Steve's advice on waiting for GPS lock after performing another calibration. I let it sit for about 14 minutes before takeoff and had no issues during this flight.
Good spot on your electrical services, for sure there will be some level of interference on the compass by eddy currents. Good to hear it's smooth now.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval