Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

no gps lock on typhoon H

Hi we've fixed more than 10 typhoon H's already, all of them had the same issues and are flying perfectly now in Buenos Aires. Please feel free to give us a call or email us and we'll help you fix your H!

Either pm me here or find our info in the website

Www.prostreethobby.com

Hola Leandro cómo andas. Soy Martin, te lo compré hace casi un mes. Lo estoy volando en Angle por ese tema. Ya le hice el ultimo upgrade del firmware pero sigue sin enganchar el gps. Decime cuando paso por Mariano Acha.
Abrazo grande
Si queres contestame a mi mail.

Hi we've fixed more than 10 typhoon H's already, all of them had the same issues and are flying perfectly now in Buenos Aires. Please feel free to give us a call or email us and we'll help you fix your H!

Www.prostreethobby.com
How do you fix them?
I've been told Yuneec in China don't even know what is causing the problem!

Www.prostreethobby.com

How can we do to fix the GPS problem?
I'm from Brazil, and the new update not solved it. Please, let me know about it.
Best Regards,

How can we do to fix the GPS problem?
I'm from Brazil, and the new update not solved it. Please, let me know about it.
Best Regards,

oi amigo, eu posso enviar por mail varios arquivos de atualização domFW que instalé en mi typhoon, y resolveu o problema no meu caso. Eles são yunnec originales.
Tenia el mismo problema: siempre ADQUIRIENDO el GPS, nunca "Ready" en verde.
Este FW me lo solucionó.
Estoy en BsAs y sim dudas a vc tambein vai servir

Credito a Leandro de ProStreetHobby !!!

oi amigo, eu posso enviar por mail varios arquivos de atualização domFW que instalé en mi typhoon, y resolveu o problema no meu caso. Eles são yunnec originales.
Tenia el mismo problema: siempre ADQUIRIENDO el GPS, nunca "Ready" en verde.
Este FW me lo solucionó.
Estoy en BsAs y sim dudas a vc tambein vai servir

Credito a Leandro de ProStreetHobby !!!

Hi tinchob, Thanks for your quickly reply and thanks for writing in Spanish/Portuguese. ( I think the most of words is in Portuguese, or not?)
Please, send me the files! I will try them and I will return here with the results.
my email: [email protected]
In advace, I'm very gratefull.

The same coment in portuguese:
Olá tinchob, Obrigado por sua rápida resposta e obrigado por escrever em Espanhol/Português. ( acho que a grande maioria das palavras está em português, não?)
Por favor, me envie os arquivos! Eu vou testar eles e eu vou voltar aqui com os resultados dos testes.
meu email: [email protected]
Desde já, Estou muito agradecido.

image.jpeg who needs this files to fix the issue of GPS in South America leave your email.
After perform these FW Upd. you get this screen

Big salute from BsAs!

Reactions: Ade
Hello Pilots,

I have a good news.
The files are working, and the GPS lock the position in Brazil. Ready!
I'm very gratefull with tinchob (Martin). Thanks a lot!

But I will need to explain my opinion that files:
- The aircraft position with Lock GPS seems a bit unstable that the aircraft position with the last firmware. ( I think the aircraft moves to side, just few inches /right and left). But in Brazil, the last firmware just lock GPS position if you uses a both of metal .(some positions under the car, for example)
- The wifi camera has a little lag. Maybe 1 second or less.
- One or two times, I lost the camera communication.... ( When I turn on the aircraft on the ground, but in this case I think that a isolate situation or interference)
Maybe this problems already had been resolved in the latest firmware versions.

I will post the files, but if you decide to use, make it UNDER YOUR RISK.
Aircraft: MEGA (make the update with GUI)
Controller: MEGA

Good Flight for all.

The some comments, now in portugues:

Olá pilotos,
Eu tenho uma boa noticia.
Os arquivos estão funcionando, e o posição GPS trava no Brasil. Ready!
Eu estou muito agradecido com o tinchob (Martin). Muito obrigado!

Mas eu preciso dar minha opinião sobre os arquivos.
- A posição de GPS travada parece um pouco mais instável que a posição do último firmware. ( Eu acho que a aeronave se move para o lado, algumas polegadas pra direita e esquerda). Mas no Brasil, o ultimo firmware só travava posição quando se usa uma base de metal ( algumas posições em cima do carro, por exemplo)
- O Wifi da câmera tem um pequeno lag, Talvez um segundo ou menos.
- Uma ou duas vezes, Eu perdi a comunicação com a câmera. ( Quando eu liguei a aeronave no chão, mas neste caso eu acho que era uma situação isolada ou até mesmo interferência)
Talvez esses são problemas que já tinham sido resolvidos na ultima versão de firmware.

Eu vou postar os arquivos, mas se você decidir usa-los faça SOB SUA CONTA E RISCO.

Aircraft: MEGA (faça o update pela GUI)

Bom voo a todos.

P_20160825_163606_1.jpg

P_20160825_163640_1.jpg

P_20160825_171421_1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrpiston
Hello Pilots,

I have a good news.
The files are working, and the GPS lock the position in Brazil. Ready!
I'm very gratefull with tinchob (Martin). Thanks a lot!

But I will need to explain my opinion that files:
- The aircraft position with Lock GPS seems a bit unstable that the aircraft position with the last firmware. ( I think the aircraft moves to side, just few inches /right and left). But in Brazil, the last firmware just lock GPS position if you uses a both of metal .(some positions under the car, for example)
- The wifi camera has a little lag. Maybe 1 second or less.
- One or two times, I lost the camera communication.... ( When I turn on the aircraft on the ground, but in this case I think that a isolate situation or interference)
Maybe this problems already had been resolved in the latest firmware versions.

I will post the files, but if you decide to use, make it UNDER YOUR RISK.
Aircraft: MEGA (make the update with GUI)

Good Flight for all.

The some comments, now in portugues:

Olá pilotos,
Eu tenho uma boa noticia.
Os arquivos estão funcionando, e o posição GPS trava no Brasil. Ready!
Eu estou muito agradecido com o tinchob (Martin). Muito obrigado!

Mas eu preciso dar minha opinião sobre os arquivos.
- A posição de GPS travada parece um pouco mais instável que a posição do último firmware. ( Eu acho que a aeronave se move para o lado, algumas polegadas pra direita e esquerda). Mas no Brasil, o ultimo firmware só travava posição quando se usa uma base de metal ( algumas posições em cima do carro, por exemplo)
- O Wifi da câmera tem um pequeno lag, Talvez um segundo ou menos.
- Uma ou duas vezes, Eu perdi a comunicação com a câmera. ( Quando eu liguei a aeronave no chão, mas neste caso eu acho que era uma situação isolada ou até mesmo interferência)
Talvez esses são problemas que já tinham sido resolvidos na ultima versão de firmware.

Eu vou postar os arquivos, mas se você decidir usa-los faça SOB SUA CONTA E RISCO.

Aircraft: MEGA (faça o update pela GUI)

Bom voo a todos.

P_20160825_163606_1.jpg

P_20160825_163640_1.jpg

P_20160825_171421_1.jpg

Carlos, it is a pleasure. Tks for your worlds!

In my H de GPS Lock do not affects the possition in fly. Could be a bit of interference in area?

Um grande abraço para você
Martin

Carlos, it is a pleasure. Tks for your worlds!

In my H de GPS Lock do not affects the possition in fly. Could be a bit of interference in area?

Um grande abraço para você
Martin

Hi Martin,
Maybe be a interference in the area, but I do know.
I will test it elsewhere. (Maybe on Sunday)
I will return later with the results.

Cheers!

Last week i was on svalbard in longyearbyen and also in pyramiden and i had the same problem.
The first time when i started up i did the compass calibration to be sure that i had a good calibration but i noticed that the gps was very long acquiring,then finally it shows ready and i took off.
Well the drone seems to take course inmiddiatly direction Amsterdam for some reason and i had to handle very fast to override the gps by switching it off before my yuneec h went out of range of the controller.

As soon i did this it was decent drifting with the wind and i could bring it back manually.

On other spots i lost video control and even for short moments lost of remote control.

As i tryed later to fly on another spot called pyramiden the dron was very difficult to control at al with gps and sometimes it seems that the dron was not reacting at the inputs at all,finally resulting in a crash that ripped off the camera gimbal.

When back in the netherlands ,everything seems fine again and had no issues at all with the gps,so i think that there is some issues with gps lock.

Hi, I am in the UK and have made a number successful flights without issue. I recently completed the newest updates to the H, camera and ST16 and am now getting the same issue you are all reporting.
Showing 15 - 18 satellites but continually acquiring and no green fix.
My collision avoidance has now also stopped working.
I will talk to yuneec but any ideas from you guys?
Thanks.

I've just returned to the UK from SA and had this problem. Bought the H to fly in the bush but no GPS lock and unable to fly and film without GPS stability.

Have just spoken to Yuneec UK and they say they have never heard of this problem and its not been reported before and know nothing about it !!

I've just returned to the UK from SA and had this problem. Bought the H to fly in the bush but no GPS lock and unable to fly and film without GPS stability.

Have just spoken to Yuneec UK and they say they have never heard of this problem and its not been reported before and know nothing about it !!

Ha Ha Ha, they're having a laugh!!
I spent a lot of time talking to them (both John and Daniel) about this EXACT same problem a few weeks ago. I too, took my H to SA and could not fly it. They assured me they were on the case and even offered to give me a new gps unit but they've since not got back to me!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33