Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

no gps lock on typhoon H

Ha Ha Ha, they're having a laugh!!
I spent a lot of time talking to them (both John and Daniel) about this EXACT same problem a few weeks ago. I too, took my H to SA and could not fly it. They assured me they were on the case and even offered to give me a new gps unit but they've since not got back to me!!!!
did you update the firmware?

Lack of GPS is rarely a firmware issue. Generally a non functioning GPS is totally hardware. The H flies and films well without GPS but you have to be a very good operator to go zooming around a lot of corners at a distance and maintain orientation well enough to get back. Best to have a 2 operator system when doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally gave up after updating all firmware to the latest version. Orange compass calibration light came on and would not allow compass to calibrate. After one rotation kept getting the white calibration failure light. H would need to be rebooted,

H started beeping continuously when switched on and would not "ready" unless it was placed on a metallic surface. As soon as it was moved GPS lock was lost immediately. (There is a youtube video of a similar experience )

Several emails from me in SA to Yuneec in UK got zero response. Finally called and asked to speak to John,(technical) who said he didn't know of the problem!!!! Showed absolutely no interested in finding a fix or trying to resolve the problem.

I gave up and have agreed full refund with store I purchased from.

A terrible experience. You are in the UK, right? Going by other reports here, I thought Yuneec UK was more on the ball than that.
Maybe the dealer would exchange it?

I know from personal experience the H can be a bugger to calibrate the compass.

Olazz,
I may have a fix for you, if you still have the unit let me know. I have made a mod and it seems to work, need another guinea pig or two and then I can share. I have sent you a PM.

Yuneec don't seem to be too interested in solving this, and it is definitely not just a software issue.

I have returned my H for a refund.

Send Eric Arnaud a PM as he may have a solution for you to this problem.

Hi tinchob, Thanks for your quickly reply and thanks for writing in Spanish/Portuguese. ( I think the most of words is in Portuguese, or not?)
Please, send me the files! I will try them and I will return here with the results.
my email: [email protected]
In advace, I'm very gratefull.

The same coment in portuguese:
Olá tinchob, Obrigado por sua rápida resposta e obrigado por escrever em Espanhol/Português. ( acho que a grande maioria das palavras está em português, não?)
Por favor, me envie os arquivos! Eu vou testar eles e eu vou voltar aqui com os resultados dos testes.
meu email: [email protected]
Desde já, Estou muito agradecido.
Did it work
Ha Ha Ha, they're having a laugh!!
I spent a lot of time talking to them (both John and Daniel) about this EXACT same problem a few weeks ago. I too, took my H to SA and could not fly it. They assured me they were on the case and even offered to give me a new gps unit but they've since not got back to me!!!!
did it work

Olazz,
I may have a fix for you, if you still have the unit let me know. I have made a mod and it seems to work, need another guinea pig or two and then I can share. I have sent you a PM.
What is the mod I have the same issue

Yellow/orange = complete compass calibration.

Good evening,

I live in Brazil, and just got a brand new Typhoon H.

Can´t connect the GPS signal. I´ve tried everything.

Only with GPS turned off I could start the engines. Can anyone please help?

It shows a bunch of sats, and everything looks perfect. I don´t have any experience, but I´m prety sure it´s ok.

Thanks for your help.

Finally gave up after updating all firmware to the latest version. Orange compass calibration light came on and would not allow compass to calibrate. After one rotation kept getting the white calibration failure light. H would need to be rebooted,

H started beeping continuously when switched on and would not "ready" unless it was placed on a metallic surface. As soon as it was moved GPS lock was lost immediately. (There is a youtube video of a similar experience )

Several emails from me in SA to Yuneec in UK got zero response. Finally called and asked to speak to John,(technical) who said he didn't know of the problem!!!! Showed absolutely no interested in finding a fix or trying to resolve the problem.

I gave up and have agreed full refund with store I purchased from.
Guys I have same issues in UK my Typhoon purchased in Indonesia out here on holiday... Going into Yuneec in London to see if I can get some help... Did you get the full name of the Yuneec Rep in UK?

Guys I have same issues in UK my Typhoon purchased in Indonesia out here on holiday... Going into Yuneec in London to see if I can get some help... Did you get the full name of the Yuneec Rep in UK?
I wouldn't bother wasting your time with trying to get them to help. They have been aware of this problem for many months, but just ignore it, and deny there is a problem. Despite several reports to them form other owners, they just denied they'd ever heard of the problem. I returned it for a refund.

To those of you still having issues, here are a few tips that might help you regarding GPS not locking:

-Make sure you updated to the latest official Yuneec firmware correctly.
-Make sure you followed every step as described in the official firmware update videos, we found that some people skipped a few steps and the firmware ended up not installing correctly causing GPS problems.
-Make sure you clear flight data and calibrate everything before attempting to fly.
-Make sure the "turtle-rabbit" slider is not in turtle mode otherwise the drone will start motors but would not take off sometimes.

Hope this helps!

So spoke with Yuneec in London and as per previous user complaint London was oblivious did not have a clue and could only suggest I call New Zealand...! There was not even any suggestion of possible causes.. Seriously Yuneec need to investigate that office...
Unperturbed I called the USA got a completely different reception.. Asked my name Aircraft serial number and was given a case number and then given suggestions on Firmware upgrade... Will report back how I get on...

Reactions: prostreet hobby
hello
I update my Typhoon h with the latest firmware and start the problem with the GPS, I get the message of acquiring, although I have 20 satellites, before updating worked very well, now I can not fly. I am in ecuador south america. someone can help me. thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece