Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No Silky Smooth Here

Okay here is the latest. Went out side re-calibrated, compass, accel, and conditions are great KP is 4 - 3 mph winds 55 degrees 99 percent cloud cover.

And it seems stable today as far as hover / drift , it now though, drifts to the left when flying in a straight line! All this started with the new firmware. Are the controls more sensitive now, is it me, how do I know.. is there a file to be looked at that shows the craft is drifting? I really need a bigger space to fly to get a handle on this Im flyng between the fence and the house about 30 feet LOL and the higher I go the more stable it seems..

If the accelerometer is right the compass cal will be also. Just my opinion. BTW I turn my TH twice each turn.

So, IMU calibration is not affected by things like home Wifi, large metal objects like the fridge (if calibrating on the kitchen counter) or the same things that can affect Compass Calibration?
The IMU is not affected by anything close by. It is affected if the H is started up when it's tilted or if it's moved during boot.

That's right the Gyro has to be set to zero. So make sure that the surface is level when you do your accelerometer if it's not it will go left or right. Just slightly.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
The K index was 5+ yesterday was it not? That alone can cause wandering around or worse.

Part of my Pre-flight checklist is to use UAVForecast. For where I lived it was showing only 3 for kp index and the box was green, so it wasn't a factor for me...

The K index was 5+ yesterday was it not? That alone can cause wandering around or worse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval