Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. ActionAndo

I'm sure it's in there but I can't find it for the life of me... Does the manual state a maximum windspeed? I thought I'd seen one but went through it late last night (yes, I'm sad like that, it was on my mind...) and couldn't find a limit stated.

Anyone else struggle to find this? If you do know what it is, please could you quote the page number of the manual too, cheers!

2. Wileytrigger21

When your H starts flying backwards when your pushing forward.. Lol Seriously I could not find it with search in the pdf manual. I've had mine out in 10-12 mph gusts and she was rock solid.

David Wilson likes this.
  3. Mortalis

I've owned the Q500 4K and the 'H' and I dont believe either operating manuals have any mention of maximum wind speed for safe flying. I would assume that if they posted something and someone had an incident that occured in 1 MPH greater conditions they would be liable for law suit, so it is safer for them to just say fly safe.
    I DO know that the Q was ungamely in 10 - 12 mph winds whereas the 'H' I have had in 20+ mph winds (yes, I carry an anemometer with me whenever I fly) without even a budge on the aircraft.

Bobjazz likes this.
  4. Rayray

Rayray Moderator
    Staff Member

I thought I had run across this somewhere, and I just found it. Regarding the RealSense Pro model...A black card, shipped with the unit, labeled "Obstacle Avoidance Limitations", states in one item "Max. wind load 12 MPH (19KPH)!". Of course with RS off this will not apply.

5. Mortalis

Does anyone know what they mean when they say, "wind load"? They didn't say, "wind speed".
    I have not had to interrupt any of their other wordings as if they were translating Chinese into broken English so I am thinking wind load means something different than wind speed.

Find this
    www.ehow.com/how_6104140_calculate-wind-loads-wind-speeds.html

Load is not the same as speed

6. druiz100

I called Yuneec up on this and 3 CS rep stated that Yuneec does not recommend flying the Typhoon H when its windy. and when I asked how windy. They stated flying when there wind and a crash happens voids you warranty. They would not give me a speed of the wind, other then to finally say any wind. So I guessing they mean dead calm flying only.

7. David Wilson

With the H and any flying RC product, it's up to our best judgement. I've flown the H in strong 20mph winds and it did just fine. I don't think I would push it any further than that. And it does get windy here on the beach in Florida so there are days I don't go out and push my luck. Just get to know your machines and learn to trust your educated judgement.

abinder likes this.
  8. glider

Use common sense. An experienced pilot should know what the limits are of their craft and be aware of the conditions they are flying in. If Yuneec says 20 mph, and you're out flying in measured 20 mph wind, then suddenly up where it can't be measured there is severe gusts/wind shear causing loss of control, should Yuneec be responsible?

I routinely fly in 20 mph when over Lake Huron without worry. I don't with the P4.

Common sense says don't fly during a typhoon, but Ming did it to prove a point. I certainly wouldn't. Know your limits. It isn't Yuneec's responsibility to spec out every last possible scenario that could happen.

9. Peter a

Well you know now why they call it the typhoon .