Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No wind speed limit for H

Use common sense. An experienced pilot should know what the limits are of their craft and be aware of the conditions they are flying in. If Yuneec says 20 mph, and you're out flying in measured 20 mph wind, then suddenly up where it can't be measured there is severe gusts/wind shear causing loss of control, should Yuneec be responsible?

I routinely fly in 20 mph when over Lake Huron without worry. I don't with the P4.

Common sense says don't fly during a typhoon, but Ming did it to prove a point. I certainly wouldn't. Know your limits. It isn't Yuneec's responsibility to spec out every last possible scenario that could happen.
Wow I want to try that

Remember though......if you are flying in high wind and you lose gps, you sure better know how to fly really well without it.
You should know how regardless:D
Well winds are up to 17mph here in Aurora, Colorado.
I flew it for the first time in Angel mode, it flew excellent in the wind.
As soon as the battery read low I thought I would try landing it in smart mode and grab it from the landing gear. Bad idea the avoidance was on and it fly away from me like it is supposed too do. I panicked and finally got it on the ground but then it fell forward and broke two propellers.
Allies good I popped a new battery in and replaced the broken propellers
Started it up she's happy again. Thank God

I'm sure it's in there but I can't find it for the life of me... Does the manual state a maximum windspeed? I thought I'd seen one but went through it late last night (yes, I'm sad like that, it was on my mind...) and couldn't find a limit stated.

Anyone else struggle to find this? If you do know what it is, please could you quote the page number of the manual too, cheers!
I found one, 19 km per hour, but i'll have to check where i found that!

DSC_0190.jpg
That's it!

I have no idea of the wind speed the day I recorded this, but it was pretty strong up in the hill.

Greetings

Put the nose into the wind and the H lands nicely with even higher winds. We only need to apply a little forward stick to counteract the wind as we ease off the throttle.
Thanks, Pat. That's good to know. It's much easier to take off in adverse conditions than to land.

I read somewhere ,sorry can't remember where, that the speed limit of 12 mph was down to the return to home speed being around that area. I.e. If you are in higher wind speeds the return to home will try and fly back but in a head wind over 12 mph it won't get back to you.

If you are in higher wind speeds the return to home will try and fly back but in a head wind over 12 mph it won't get back to you.

I think you'll be fine as long as OA is off and you have enough battery life left <smile>.

Use common sense. An experienced pilot should know what the limits are of their craft and be aware of the conditions they are flying in. If Yuneec says 20 mph, and you're out flying in measured 20 mph wind, then suddenly up where it can't be measured there is severe gusts/wind shear causing loss of control, should Yuneec be responsible?

I routinely fly in 20 mph when over Lake Huron without worry. I don't with the P4.

Common sense says don't fly during a typhoon, but Ming did it to prove a point. I certainly wouldn't. Know your limits. It isn't Yuneec's responsibility to spec out every last possible scenario that could happen.
Awesome. Thanks for posting this.

I read somewhere ,sorry can't remember where, that the speed limit of 12 mph was down to the return to home speed being around that area. I.e. If you are in higher wind speeds the return to home will try and fly back but in a head wind over 12 mph it won't get back to you.
Nah. I've put my Typhoon through the ringer when it comes to wind conditions. I've yet to see it behave oddly when RTH is engaged in high winds, at least certainly >12 mph.

I haven't flown in anything stronger than 27mph (43km/hr) yet but there was no problem in any aspect of the operations.

Reactions: Stuart8282
I can't find the video anymore, but there was a guy in the US that did a test with 30mph winds. He launched a DJI, Typhoon H, and a can't remember the other one. Put them all in the air to hover. The only one that held its position without having to touch the sticks was the Typhoon H. The other two went on their own trips. If I can ever find the video again I will link it.
Not saying I would launch with that speed, but you could.

I did not see it mentioned here (Maybe it was), but be careful about flying downwind to a photo site and running out of battery on the way back. I have scared myself a time or two and now I find a launch site that is downwind and fly to the photo site into the wind.

Never fly out more than 25% of the battery if flying down wind. If you do you can find yourself facing a long walk, or worse, if the battery runs dry fighting the wind on the way back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio