Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

NoFly Zone map ?

Reaction score
I found this NoFly zone map on Yuneec website
Safe Flying - Yuneec

So, is this just showing airports where it is forbidden to fly or copter will not power motors on this locations/radius ?

When i click on some airports it is marked as "Recreational Rules". What this means ?

I found this NoFly zone map on Yuneec website
Safe Flying - Yuneec

So, is this just showing airports where it is forbidden to fly or copter will not power motors on this locations/radius ?

When i click on some airports it is marked as "Recreational Rules". What this means ?
Only major airports are in the NFZ database which would prevent the motors from starting. You are expected to know where you are flying and the proximity to any active airport which is the purpose of the map. Even if your motors start it doesn't always means you are in the clear.
You should use an app on your phone to determine the proximity to airports. UAV Forecast is a good one.

Belive me I am fully aware of how to fly safely. I have this location which is of my intereste and there is this airport which mainly works in summer season, but nevertheless I would like to know if it is forbidden by the firmware or not.
So I don't bother to contact their tower if I can't get it up anyway.

I see now that whatever airport I click there is this Recreational Rules mark so we can't know which one is actually blocked by the firmware. Any other way to find out for sure?

Yuneec is one of the sponsors of Airmap and the map on the Yuneec site uses the Airmap data. I use the Airmap app on my iPhone for flight planning.

Reactions: NWSaint
I've looked at the yuneec map before, mainly to see exactly were the drone would be physically inhibited from taking off, not because I ever planned to fly there. The trouble is the map itself is very poorly programmed and for me at least almost impossible to view. The NFZ's keep popping in and out of existence and in most cases don't ever appear at all at the same time.

Again, I don't need maps just to see where airports are. I am aware of such apps etc.
Like I wrote, I need to know what airports exactly are blocked by Yuneec firmware.

Where I live the NFZ's go well beyond those programed into the typhoon. Adhering simply to where Yuneec won't let you fly is going to cost a hefty fine of even your drone itself. Yuneec doesn't cover CTR zones, helipads, glider airfields or restricted airspace at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss