Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Not Much of A NFZ Waiver!

Reaction score
Inside 5 miles can only fly 30 feet up! And within one mile it won't even start! Wow What A Relief It Is! LOL !
Excuse me I have to go, I just went my pants , I'm so excited!!!:eek:

9jVOq7rBAGFUw3EGpVTSaDhZEVHUihZ5gDX1Xe9Apwx0QEHeyrPoKxk9k8R9oovdv6EAeYfz8nQ7ipX9cF2lXrfYoeJ0SxKljqpoaBO4zRzXqFFJqafAxzBaW3J4wIpK-_z9eIo7N4XsfigkV-feBpVl=s0-d-e1-ft

Update for Case 13421 - "No fly zone"

Hello Brent,

This letter is to confirm receipt of your No Fly Zone Waiver. In response to your request, we have attached the No Fly Zone Waiver to your account.

A second email will be sent with additional instructions.

Please make sure you follow your local and national ordinances or laws regarding the operation of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS). Once the firmware is installed YUNEEC cannot be held liable/responsible for ANY issues that may arise as a result of the loaded firmware. This firmware is NOT to be shared with any other Yuneec Typhoon H owner.

Please keep in mind that if you are within the 5 mile radius of an airport the No Fly Zone height limit is 30 feet. The firmware will not allow your drone to take off if you are within 1 mile of an airport.

We appreciate your support and passion for our products!

Have a Yuneec Day!

Sabrina

Customer Service| Yuneec USA Inc.

5555 Ontario Mills Parkway

Ontario, CA 91764

T.909-259-5113

www.yuneec.com

Reactions: abinder
This is the list I see for TX for Yuneec NFZ
Fort Worth
Amarillo
Austin
Corpus Christi
Dallas
Dallas-Fort Worth
Del Rio
Abilene
Fort Worth
Houston
Houston
Lubbock
Universal City
San Antonio
Wichita Falls

Reactions: DroneClone
This is the list I see for TX for Yuneec NFZ
Fort Worth
Amarillo
Austin
Corpus Christi
Dallas
Dallas-Fort Worth
Del Rio
Abilene
Fort Worth
Houston
Houston
Lubbock
Universal City
San Antonio
Wichita Falls
Yeah, Thanks Steve! Have a problem if I do a Real Estate shoot for a high end home in Houston 3 miles from the Class B airport. I have a pilots license, 333 and 107 and with a COA Waiver from ATC to fly it, I still can not meet my job, cause 30 feet can't even reach the top of the 65 foot second story roof! COA says I can fly to 100' Max and LOS, But even with the Yuneec waiver, my hands are tied! Really sucks! I was hoping for a more reasonable relief. And yes! I always fly safe and within the rules of the FAA!

Reactions: Stratoliner
Yeah, Thanks Steve! Have a problem if I do a Real Estate shoot for a high end home in Houston 3 miles from the Class B airport. I have a pilots license, 333 and 107 and with a COA Waiver from ATC to fly it, I still can not meet my job, cause 30 feet can't even reach the top of the 65 foot second story roof! COA says I can fly to 100' Max and LOS, But even with the Yuneec waiver, my hands are tied! Really sucks! I was hoping for a more reasonable relief. And yes! I always fly safe and within the rules of the FAA!

this is why im buying a DJI Inspire Pro. i had enough with all BS Yuneec does. DJI makes it must simple process to fly

• DC,
Get a lift boom, start the H from there. LOL

It is still new, have to keep the idiots from being idiots. Who knows may be part of the deal for Yuneec to market in the USA.

Wow that really sucks. A waiver should lift all restrictions. Once I have my 107 I will have a few copters to choose from and I guess if I'm near an airport the Typhoon will be staying at home.

• DC,
Get a lift boom, start the H from there. LOL

It is still new, have to keep the idiots from being idiots. Who knows may be part of the deal for Yuneec to market in the USA.
Good point Bob! More money to spend on my new ambitions and equipment's! A boom lift ! LOL ! :rolleyes:

I agree, any altitude restriction should be set by the local ATC not the firmware.
I could see ATC putting a ceiling in place if youre off the approach end of a runway.

Ok DC,
I got it figured out.
Wrap the H in a plastic bag.
Use a vacuum pump to reduce the air pressure. Start everything up. Let the H out of the bag. (Mind the spinning knives)
The H will think it started at a higher altitude then actual.
It would work in theory.:D

Wow that really sucks. A waiver should lift all restrictions. Once I have my 107 I will have a few copters to choose from and I guess if I'm near an airport the Typhoon will be staying at home.

Once you have your 107 you wont need a waiver will you, you just show that to yunnec and they remove all restrictions, no?

The FAA has never required drone manufacturers to install geofencing into their firmware or software. The new Section 107 regulations< http://www.faa.gov/uas/media/AC_107-2_AFS-1_Signed.pdf > state how and where you can fly in controlled airspace, whether Class B,C,D or E. Every aviation sectional map shows the boundaries of any particular airspace. Obtaining 107 certification means you must understand these boundaries. You can fly outside of the boundaries without authorization, and to fly within those boundaries, you need to obtain prior authorization. According to these regulation, you will need to obtain authorization from the FAA, not just the local control tower.

5.8 Operation Near Airports; in Certain Airspace; in Prohibited or Restricted Areas; or in the Proximity of Certain Areas Designated by a Notice to Airmen (NOTAM). Though many sUAS operations will occur in uncontrolled airspace, there are some that may need to operate in controlled airspace. Operations in Class B, Class C, or Class D airspace, or within the lateral boundaries of the surface area of Class E airspace designated for an airport, are not allowed unless that person has prior authorization from air traffic control (ATC). The link to the current authorization process can be found at www.faa.gov/uas/. The sUAS remote PIC must understand airspace classifications and requirements. Failure to do so would be in violation of the part 107 regulations and may potentially have an adverse safety effect. Although sUAS will not be subject to part 91, the equipage and communications requirements outlined in part 91 were designed to provide safety and efficiency in controlled airspace. Accordingly, while sUAS operating under part 107 are not subject to part 91, as a practical matter, ATC authorization or clearance may depend on operational parameters similar to those found in part 91. The

page18image27624

5-5

6/21/16 AC 107-2

FAA has the authority to approve or deny aircraft operations based on traffic density, controller workload, communication issues, or any other type of operations that could potentially impact the safe and expeditious flow of air traffic in that airspace. Those planning sUAS operations in controlled airspace are encouraged to contact the FAA as early as possible. (For suggested references, please see paragraph 2.3.)

1. 5.8.1 Small UA Operations Near an Airport—Notification and Permissions. Unless the flight is conducted within controlled airspace, no notification or authorization is necessary to operate at or near an airport. When operating in the vicinity of an airport, the remote PIC must be aware of all traffic patterns and approach corridors to runways and landing areas. The remote PIC must avoid operating anywhere that the presence of the sUAS may interfere with operations at the airport, such as approach corridors, taxiways, runways, or helipads. Furthermore, the remote PIC must yield right-of-way to all other aircraft, including aircraft operating on the surface of the airport.

Section 107 supersedes 333 exemptions for sUAS commercial operations.

I think the issue that is in question is, how to unlock the drone to fly in those areas, and how to go about it. Yuneec has it locked down in software. even if you have your 107, The H doesnt know that. I could be wrong but thats my take.

Good point Bob! More money to spend on my new ambitions and equipment's! A boom lift ! LOL ! :rolleyes:

That actually makes a lot of sense when considering the auto pilot is using ground elevation as the zero reference point. Taking off from a roof or other elevated location adds the height of the take off point to the 30' limitation. Another solution for those close to the airport moments is to find a used Chroma. It uses the same camera but has no NFZ limitations.

I think the issue that is in question is, how to unlock the drone to fly in those areas, and how to go about it. Yuneec has it locked down in software. even if you have your 107, The H doesnt know that. I could be wrong but thats my take.
Understood. Since the FAA does not require geofencing, it would make sense for the drone manufacturers to disable geofencing firm/software for any operator who has 107 or 333 certification. It is totally stupid to only allow a 30foot AGL height to someone who has 107 certification and a waiver to inspect a 300ft tower within the lateral boundary of controlled airspace. The operator should have to only send a copy of his airman's certificate to the manufacturer to obtain total release from the built in geofencing.

You have to remember that the H uses barometric pressure for altitude. It assumes that the take off point is ZERO feet/meters AGL.
Would be interesting to see what actual results DC gets.
I know my fence is set for 400 feet, but I have seen it stop me at 387 to as high as 420 feet.

You have to remember that the H uses barometric pressure for altitude. It assumes that the take off point is ZERO feet/meters AGL.
Would be interesting to see what actual results DC gets.
I know my fence is set for 400 feet, but I have seen it stop me at 387 to as high as 420 feet.
Flew a home in 'The Woodlands" this morning at sunrise, very expensive , nice two story house for a realtor to post on her website. From driveway to top of 2nd story "A" frame was 55' so as you can imagine to get a "full" shot of the property I would need to be about twice minimum the height of the house which would put me at 110'. My COA was for 100' which I could live with!. Think the H would let me go up that high? ****, I could not even reach 30 ' on my Yuneec waiver and from 25' to 30' I could not even film the property because of the Yuneec warning messages blocking my screen to line up shots! What a joke!. SOLUTION:
1). Shut off filming :eek:
2). Land the H :confused:
3). Put the H in it's case :mad:
4) Whip out my Phantom 4 :rolleyes:
5) Fly to 100' and film my little heart out!( no issue with the P4) ;)
6) Go home with a $500 check ! :D
Notice the sequences of the nerdy faces! LOL !

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval