Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Ok this is what a Yuneec said as to why there are 3 Antennas on ST16

Reaction score
Ok they said that with the current setup one Antenna handle the incoming and outgoing 2.4ghz signal. With the pro version of the ST16 one Antenna handles the out going 2.4 ghz signal and one handles the incoming 2.4 signal. So that's what the Rep said.

Funny thing is, then he started to say there was no difference in performance with the old antennas compared to the new ones. I couldn't help but laugh. Please when they change something its for a reason.

Unfortunately some of the people answering questions at Yuneec don't always have the right information. In fact there have been a variety of misstatements based on what I see in the blogs. I think it is simply a case where they are trying to hire people quickly to keep up with demand and some of the new hires don't always get things right. The ST16 has a 3rd antenna located inside and that antenna is being placed outside on the new controllers which explains why you see three on the new models.

I believe the ST16 has two external and 2 internal antenna. Unsure which they moved to the outside on the new version nor what the 2 internal ones do in general.

Reactions: Robert Bryant
I believe the ST16 has two external and 2 internal antenna. Unsure which they moved to the outside on the new version nor what the 2 internal ones do in general.
I believe there's 4 one for cgo3+, one for RC control, and one for telemetry one for GPS. Go to Bo Lorenson channel. He shows a hack on TH. There were only two antennas that went from inside TH to the outside next to the landing gear.

Last edited:
Actually, I think that is correct. I refer to an internal antenna, but I believe there are 2, one perpendicular to the other. I'll find out when I move it out of the housing.

Unfortunately some of the people answering questions at Yuneec don't always have the right information. In fact there have been a variety of misstatements based on what I see in the blogs. I think it is simply a case where they are trying to hire people quickly to keep up with demand and some of the new hires don't always get things right. The ST16 has a 3rd antenna located inside and that antenna is being placed outside on the new controllers which explains why you see three on the new models.

Yea the guy also say something about about a internal Antenna also. The Reps name was Andrew, he was the one who fixed my Typhoon H video problem. He also said they didn't want one antenna doing both the receiving and the transmitting for the 2.4 ghz. Thats the reason for the Extra Antenna. If they had wanted to get a stronger signal they could have used just one much larger 2.4 ghz Antenna. So I am guessing the 2.4 ghz transmitting Antenna is controlling the drone and the 2.4 ghz
receiving Antenna is for getting the telemetry. He really sounded like he knew his stuff. But like I said, that what he said. Could be right or wrong

Last edited:
i didn't count the GPS. Of course it is a different type. TH has its own and the controller has one too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop