Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Oklahoma Lawmaker says it is OK to destroy drones

That all we need. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a rush to get a bill passed, there are a lot of issues here, and a lot that can go wrong

I just find it hard to believe that people who are not familiar with drones think that they are being spied on if there is a drone flying near their personal space. I can't tell you how many people I've had to explain that there's no way that these drones are shooting pictures through there window. And if they feel they have to go out and try and take my drone down they are going to have a real problem with me!

It's a new environment and the saying we have all heard many of times big brother is watching., I wonder if people stop to think how many photos they are in and have no idea about it, example you are walking through a store or downtown and do not notice the person taking a photo of something, and low and behold you are in the background of their photo, People are taking photos of everything and you are not aware of it. As far as letting people shoot them down that is going to cause a lot of issues and lawsuits and fights and so on. Lets hope they come up with a better solution for everyone.

Just remember there will always be those flying with NO regard to safety or the law.

State Sen. Ralph Shortey, a Republican who represents the Oklahoma City area, authored a bill that exempts people from lawsuits if they damage drones that veer onto their property, according to multiple reports.

Here is the story.

Oklahoma lawmaker wants to protect people who destroy drones flying on their property
..and when the shotgun shells and bullets start bringing down planes they will think twice. "owe, I was shooting in the air to take down a drone, I didn't know that was a real passenger plane". Since when were people allowed to shoot down airplanes. A passenger plane will be mistaken as a Drone. I can't see this flying. I'd like to see them put living room furniture in the air on their property. Does their property end at the Ionosphere.... I could just shoot in the air and claim I saw a drone.... nah I can't see it... The drone and battery may land on their house, blow up, and burn up the home.

I'm in the U.K. and even I know that in the USA, State law cannot over-rule federal law. Federal law says you can't shoot down aircraft (and a drone is an aircraft), so this trumped up state senator will ultimately be p*ssing into a very strong wind.

Here, in the UK, we have very strong gun control laws. Someone shooting at any drone, no matter where it is, would likely see the shooter in prison! The UK is not gun friendly.

Reactions: Jester
State Sen. Ralph Shortey, a Republican who represents the Oklahoma City area, authored a bill that exempts people from lawsuits if they damage drones that veer onto their property, according to multiple reports.

Here is the story.

Oklahoma lawmaker wants to protect people who destroy drones flying on their property
It is a bill of ignorance as property owners DO NOT own the skies above their property. If you land the drone on someone's property they may be able to destroy it. But as long as it's airborne, they have no property rights to shoot that drone down.

Finally some recourse against that bratty little paperboy and his squeaky red wagon. ;)

If you want to invade someone's privacy, a ground based telephoto is a much better choice than a drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix