Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

OMG

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have a question?I flew My Typhoon H Friday it flew really well except for the Camera working.
Anyway, I flew it straight up today no right or left just straight up at 300 Feet then all of a sudden it just dropped out of the sky!!!Wow, what a thump it made when it hit!!Looks like I'll be working on it again (this is getting old and expensive) I don't know what happened?Has Anyone had this happen to them?Please let Me know?Any suggestions on what happened?

Yikes! Is this the same one that flew into a tree?
Is there enough left to work on?
Sad...

Reactions: Jester
I've read quite some people reporting total blackouts, and almost certainly this is the problem:

However sometimes it Could be another issue, but even here where we all share all our problems a sudden blackout is kind of rare.

Also, from what I've seen its common among newer users of the H.

I actually flew the H straight up to 80 meters on the second day I had it, and later when I landed I realized the battery wasn't properly installed (it was just as on the video on 0:46), I was very lucky as nothing happened, because even without flying sideways, the sole vibration of the motors (and the unit stabilizing itself on the air) can loosen the battery causing the H to die mid-flight.

Greetings!

I've read quite some people reporting total blackouts, and almost certainly this is the problem:

However sometimes it Could be another issue, but even here where we all share all our problems a sudden blackout is kind of rare.

Also, from what I've seen its common among newer users of the H.

I actually flew the H straight up to 80 meters on the second day I had it, and later when I landed I realized the battery wasn't properly installed (it was just as on the video on 0:46), I was very lucky as nothing happened, because even without flying sideways, the sole vibration of the motors (and the unit stabilizing itself on the air) can loosen the battery causing the H to die mid-flight.

Greetings!
I agree. When I install the battery it actually clicks twice. The second click is when the latch engages. It's easy to miss that second click if you are only listening for one.

Aintright, call the factory & have them send you a shipping label. Same happened to me almost word for word. They will check her out, repaired mine at a tune of over $800 under warrenty. Great people at Yuneec

I hook my two index fingers around the nearby prop arms and push the battery in with my two thumbs until I hear the latch click.

Hi All
My H dropped from 300 feet last week. I had just calibrated the compass after a firmware update. I suspect that I touched/loosened the battery during the calibration without knowing it at the time. I did see the H and its battery falling separately. Seems to be about £175 worth of damage done plus a split battery case.
Next time I will check my battery security a bit better. Just saying.....
John J

I'm sorry to here that has happened to a few of you, but it sure reminds the rest of us to not get in a hurry, or assume we can just slide it in and go without double checking that very small and easily missed detail. Makes me wonder, as a man married to a woman, not so excited about my choice in toys and their price tags...What would make a bigger thud when hitting the ground, me or the H. Maybe she'll be kind enough to tell me when I awake from the doubly painful experience. If she happened to be standing there when the 300' drop initiated, I'm afraid I wouldn't even get to hear the first thud of the H.

U2, grapemeister, lol:D. BTW, he ain't answered yet.;)
That's pretty funny...."grapemeister", I like that. Anyway yeah, in his shoes I'd be a little embarrassed to talk about it too. Mind you I have had more than my share of RC-related cluster f**ks over the years (and don't even get me started on rocketry/rocket fuel disasters my family and neighbors have had to endure).:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval