Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

On-Demand Drone Insurance Thoughts?

I've used Verifly twice so far. Worked great. Clients wanted proof of insurance were very satisfied. The planned options for specific times and expanded coverage are great. Looking forward to them.

Yes! This is a great idea and looking forward to using you!

What will you guys charge for individual insurance certs for clients?
Hi Mike

Within the app, you can name your client on the policy and email the policy directly to the end-client. There's no additional charge beyond the cost of the insurance.

Cheers
David

Rick over at Drone Valley has posted a few videos about Verifly that I thought were worth sharing:

Hey all

We've had a great dialog with Inspire pilots. Check it out here and so I wanted to start a thread on YuneecPilots. I'll give a quick overview of Verifly to kick off. We provide drone liability insurance starting at $10 / hour for $1m liability policies. We'd love to hear your questions and comments and we will do our best to answer them. We've built some new product enhancements that I'll also be able to share over the next few days.

Verifly provides on-demand drone insurance via mobile app. Fire up the app, select your coverage area and with a name, email and a credit card, you can have insurance.

A few key details:
- The base price is $10 for a $1m policy covering a 1/4 mile radius for 1 hour
- Works for any drone under 15 lbs.
- Our underwriter is Global Aerospace, a well-respected and experience aviation underwriter

Questions / Comments?

I do a lot of flying inside the 5 mile radius of our local airport which I have gone and talked with the airport authority and the county commission.. I am the go to person for the county commissioners when others come to them with questions on flying there drones in our area.. Having over 50 years experience flying R/C Models and full size aircraft and being an AMA member most of my life how do I get coverage in this airport zone??

I do a lot of flying inside the 5 mile radius of our local airport which I have gone and talked with the airport authority and the county commission.. I am the go to person for the county commissioners when others come to them with questions on flying there drones in our area.. Having over 50 years experience flying R/C Models and full size aircraft and being an AMA member most of my life how do I get coverage in this airport zone??
Hi

We are working on an update to the app that would enable you to self-certify permission to fly closer to a particular airport, so stay tuned and we will unlock this functionality as soon as we can.

Fantastic!! Also noticed the football stadium at our local collage comes up as a no fly zone.. so I gather these areas will have waiver or permission options? Our model field is located on the collage property so they have recruited me to help with football team and band projects and it would be great to have coverage during those flights.. Thanks for your Time and the piece of mind you are providing !!!

Fantastic!! Also noticed the football stadium at our local collage comes up as a no fly zone.. so I gather these areas will have waiver or permission options? Our model field is located on the collage property so they have recruited me to help with football team and band projects and it would be great to have coverage during those flights.. Thanks for your Time and the piece of mind you are providing !!!
You are correct. Stadiums will be covered in the same way as airports with the new self-certification feature.
Cheers
David

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430