Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

One of my batteries went Tango Uniform

I might pop that baby open this weekend and take a look. I'm comfortable enough that I could fix any obvious problems that don't require a component replacement.

I'm glad they took care of you Fly. After all of your trouble, they should send you a couple gratis.

Oh BTW, just helped our Sheriff's Office purchase a Phantom 4 Professional. We are going to use it for photographing accident scenes for reconstruction. We currently take these pics from the bucket of an aerial ladder truck, so this is much better! A deputy and I are going to take a Part 107 exam prep course and then get our licenses. This could have been a Typhoon with Real Sense, but Yuneec left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Nice! Looks like Redondo Beach has a Typhoon and is using it at the moment.
Saw this on Facebook in a 3DR Forum Post. FYI
yuneec.jpg

Everything appears to be solid? I was expecting a chip in there. Perhaps it between the Battery Packs? IDK... Good luck 3WM and let us know how you fare with yours.

IMG_4722.JPG

...I was expecting a chip in there...

No need for any kind of smarts in these; they're just plain old garden-variety LiPo cells in a proprietary package, unlike DJI's "smart" batteries (why anybody would want to make smart batteries is beyond me, other than profit margin).

You could use any 3S batteries that fit in the hole; solder on this connector and off you go.

No need for any kind of smarts in these; they're just plain old garden-variety LiPo cells in a proprietary package, unlike DJI's "smart" batteries (why anybody would want to make smart batteries is beyond me, other than profit margin).

You could use any 3S batteries that fit in the hole; solder on this connector and off you go.

Haha.... I was just about to post that very thing.
Some type of LiPo's wired in series.
Any idea what they are? Volts and mAmps?
Looks small for a 3S? IDK?
I think I may need a new Multi-Meter. IMG_7283.JPG IMG_7469.JPG

It would be nice if 3WM could get his open and replace his with something like this for under $20?
I could make a 3rd Battery for mine as well. 3S Battery.jpg

Some type of LiPo's wired in series.
Any idea what they are? Volts and mAmps?
Looks small for a 3S? IDK?

These days pretty much all multi-cell LiPos are wired in series.

Nominal 3.7 volts per cell
mAh capacity for individual batteries (if they're all the same and wired in series) is whatever the pack capacity is.

No need to open the old one, just cut off the connector and stick it on the new one. If you want to discuss it further PM me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_030117_042448_PM.jpg
    Screenshot_030117_042448_PM.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 18
These days pretty much all multi-cell LiPos are wired in series.

Nominal 3.7 volts per cell
mAh capacity for individual batteries (if they're all the same and wired in series) is whatever the pack capacity is.

No need to open the one in your second pic, just replace the connector(s) with the one from your aircraft. If you want to discuss it further PM me.

Thanks and thanks for the simple schematic. I did check my good battery fresh off the charger and it was showing 12.6-7 volts which should be about right. Now I need to dig out the soldering iron. :)

Reactions: threewulfmoon
You go guys! Head a long day with the storms this morning and got stuck in a late meeting this evening. Gonna go try to get a Nintendo Switch tomorrow night. Probably the earliest I want to tackle this will be Friday after work. I'm game to (try) to rig something up.

Reactions: FLYXLSA
Ok, just pried mine open while watching a movie. Nothing obviously wrong, so one of the cells may have failed. So it may be a faulty battery. Just realized my soldering iron and tester are at the office. Fly, where is that battery pack you posted available at? If someone smarter than me would tell me how to do wire it up, I'll do it.

Prathbun! You are the man! So blue and yellow are negative? This looks so simple even I can do it...lol.

Also, if you decide to go this route be sure to cut the battery wires one at a time, and don't let the bare ends touch or angry pixies'll come out and ruin your day.

I'd rather not create my own personal Galaxy Note 7 incident. I'll keep that in mind. I'll clip and bend each one a separate direction...lol

In my drawing, blue is positive for the black/blue cell; negative for the blue/yellow cell. Yellow is positive for the blue/yellow cell and negative for the red/yellow cell. Each cell is only 3.7 volts. 2 cells gives you 7.4 volts and all three together give you 11.1 volts

Make sense? I'm probably not being very clear...

Reactions: threewulfmoon
No worries. Takes a spell to wrap your head around it.

In this case the blue and yellow are sense lines for balancing only. They don't carry much current at all. The only reason they're brought out on the Breeze connector is for charging/balancing. On my TH, if you look in the battery compartment the only connectors are for the ones at either end; I suspect the Breeze is the same.

It should, but the charger may have its own idea of what the capacity should be. What's the capacity of the original vs. the Venom pack?
Venoms can take a lot more current than the stock batteries, so there's no worry about over-amping it (probably;~). The only issue I can see is if the original has a lower capacity and the charger has a programmed mAh cut-off (not likely). Worst case is that you end up with a battery that has the same mAh in it as the stock one, but you're just not charging it to capacity. Like putting a bigger gas tank on your car and only filling it as much as the old tank.

Another thing to take into consideration is weight. Does the "new" pack weight more or less than the original? If it weighs less, then you're a winner all the way around and may want to hack some more batteries...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech