Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Orbit Mode Help Needed

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm new here on this forum and flew my Typhoon H Pro w/Real Sense for the first time this past weekend...what a fun machine to fly!
One task that doesn't seem to be working for me is the Orbit mode. I started flying in angle mode, 50 feet up and about 50 feet away from me before I selected Orbit mode. Then I tapped the Start icon and pushed the slider to the right. After a second or two, the Start icon appeared again and my bird did not move. When I pushed the right control stick to the right or left, forward or backward, it moved accordingly but did not fly in a circle.
What am I doing wrong?

Just did a quick search on the forum and found this:
'Point of Interest'and other modes restricted by geo-fence? - "Second switch on the left PAN MODE has to be right down for CCC and Orbit modes"

I haven't used Orbit or POI so can't confirm whether this is correct or not. Would be good to get some clarification on this.

From memory, last time I used POI mode the pan switch was in the up position, not sure if it needs to be all the way down (Global Mode), but all appeared to work fine.
When starting POI, you first need to select the centre point for the orbit by maneuvering the H (I usually point the camera straight down for this) and hitting the button to set the centre (can't remember the screen and am not near the ST16 at the moment) , then move away from the centre point to the radius you want then I think it is Start and then the stick left/right to set the direction and speed.
Hope I got it right, but it sound as if you are not setting the centre point before initiating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me