Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

OUCH! Drone falls on woman's head & bouces off

Reaction score
This happened recently in my neighbour Province of Quebec. Looks like someone did the fail safe motor stop in mid air on this Phantom. Kind of like pressing and holding the red start/stop button in mid air on the Typhoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nic
That article says that drone was being flown by a professional. Hope they had insurance. If I owned the company in the US I would also be an LLC. i:)i

This is one reason you should not fly over a crowd. A rule I can understand but accidents happen and sometimes you have to fly high but still "near" people to get proper footage. Especially if they were hired to do so.

I am not saying he should have been flying over people, I want to make that clear. I just meant that you have to be just outside the circle of being above others sometimes to get footage if you were hired to do so.

I thought phantom's were perfect? i:)i

Anyway I hope she is okay, that is all that matters in the end.

Last edited:
If he wasn't insured, he's toast. Maybe even the ones who hired him too, for not verifying his liability coverage. Some folks always have to learn the hard way.

If he wasn't insured, he's toast. Maybe even the ones who hired him too, for not verifying his liability coverage. Some folks always have to learn the hard way.
The guy who crashed his Phantom onto the woman's head was a recreational flyer..not in the pay of anyone. The person who captured it on film was the professional flyer who was hired to take footage of the event and didn't crash into anyone.

The guy who crashed his Phantom onto the woman's head was a recreational flyer..not in the pay of anyone. The person who captured it on film was the professional flyer who was hired to take footage of the event and didn't crash into anyone.
Ah, okay. I read it wrong. But I hope he can afford what the victim wants.

Ah, okay. I read it wrong. But I hope he can afford what the victim wants.
Indeed. At the moment I'm a hobby pilot but I still have insurance for recreation flights. I'm doing my Remote Pilot's Cert next week and once I get the go-ahead from our CAA I'll get commercial insurance. Not to do so would be asking for it :eek:

Indeed. At the moment I'm a hobby pilot but I still have insurance for recreation flights. I'm doing my Remote Pilot's Cert next week and once I get the go-ahead from our CAA I'll get commercial insurance. Not to do so would be asking for it :eek:

Are you sitting the exam or completing your flight test?

Are you sitting the exam or completing your flight test?
It's the 2 and a half days classroom ending with the exam. Actually it's the week after next in Blackpool. I'm doing it with RUSTA. I expect to do the flight test towards the end of July once I've sorted my flight manual out.

That article says that drone was being flown by a professional. Hope they had insurance. If I owned the company in the US I would also be an LLC. i:)i

This is one reason you should not fly over a crowd. A rule I can understand but accidents happen and sometimes you have to fly high but still "near" people to get proper footage. Especially if they were hired to do so.

Paladin, it does not matter what any professional is hired to do. Any work has to be within the regulations and in the case of paying clients they have to understand that. Hobby fliers should adhere to the same rules.

Paladin, it does not matter what any professional is hired to do. Any work has to be within the regulations and in the case of paying clients they have to understand that. Hobby fliers should adhere to the same rules.

Don't see anything that I typed that was to the contrary man.
I agree completely.

All I meant is sometimes you have to fly "close" to people for events etc.. Even adhering to regulations. Sometime you are just outside where they are below you and it is still possible for you to fly it into the crowd anyway at an angle like he did.

Lets face it no matter where you fly anywhere even remotely near a crowd that could happen. It even happens at normal air shows sadly.

Honestly that scares the crap out of me and that is why I intend to only fly it in empty fields or parks. One mistake and you get fined more than you can ever make in a lifetime. Then what?
Plus if I ever hurt anyone I could not live with myself.

I have seen videos people post of them flying over parks with people walking and jogging below.. Scares me. i:)i

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval