Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Over 1000 metres altitude? How do?

I don't need a waiver as flying about 50 feet over the tops of the trees gives the best and clearest view of the tents and tarps that are used.

with you being in law enforcement.....you know the law the best.......

Also .... All of you in Law enforcement have gotten the raw end of all this news..... I look up to all you and its a job that takes a special kind of person..... I support all of you..... Be safe

with you being in law enforcement.....you know the law the best.......

Also .... All of you in Law enforcement have gotten the raw end of all this news..... I look up to all you and its a job that takes a special kind of person..... I support all of you..... Be safe

The Typhoon software that appears to adjust flight limits does not upload the new values to to the Typhoon. A call to Yuneec confirmed this. The next big update due in a couple of weeks should take care of that. In the meantime I wonder: Can you fly the Typhoon if you live above 400ft???

The Typhoon software that appears to adjust flight limits does not upload the new values to to the Typhoon. A call to Yuneec confirmed this. The next big update due in a couple of weeks should take care of that. In the meantime I wonder: Can you fly the Typhoon if you live above 400ft???

The height limit is distance above take off point, not absolute height above sea level. The Typhoon, like most drones, doesn't know it's actual altitude, just how far it's climbed or descended since it took off.

The height limit is distance above take off point, not absolute height above sea level. The Typhoon, like most drones, doesn't know it's actual altitude, just how far it's climbed or descended since it took off.
Thank you Tuna. What do I know? Our house is on the beech.

difficult because the area has mountains up to 1000 meters. Probably we will buy a falcon airborne or dji phantom 4 where there is not this limit. I do not understand why typhoon creates all these problems senseless

A falcon8 won't be able to help you with this either. Certainly neither will a phantom 4.

Send a mail of the area. I'll help you determine the best means

I agree Why is 390 Feet not enough? If Someone wants to Fly higher maybe He/She needs to get an Airplane....

hello, the Thyphoon software pro h altitude that allows a maximum of 1000 meters and a distance of 2500.
Is there a way to override these limits? I replaced the antennas and I have a perfect signal even over 1000 meters in altitude, but like to try? The drone comes to 1000 meters and does not allow me to get over ...!
thank you!
Andrew
I see we have turned this into a lecture forum instead of an information forum. You people are getting pretty arrogant.

I agree Why is 390 Feet not enough? If Someone wants to Fly higher maybe He/She needs to get an Airplane....
One of the places where I like to shoot video is right at 825 feet above sea level. My "H" will not get go over 65 ft agl from that take off point. I can't even get high enough to clear the trees. I wish it would fly higher because it is the highest point in the county and would offer the greatest opportunity for a Panoramic shot showing the skyline of Louisville. The skyline of down town Louisville is one of the most photographed in the country. The Kentucky Derby has "The Largest Annual Fireworks Display in the Country." Also it is photographed from across the Ohio river on the Indiana side year round many times a day. My "H" would allow a different perspective that not many can get.

Last edited:
I would like to see a video showing the H as seen from the ground in that situation, along with the settings used in your GUI. If your H will not climb above 65' when launched from a ground elevation of 825' it would not climb higher than 65' when launched from a ground elevation of 10'.

As mentioned before the H does not use an altimeter that measures altitude above sea level. It neither knows or cares what the sea level altitude is. It only senses the pressure differential between the point of lift off and the height achieved. If you can't get more than 65' above the ground you may want to do two things; fly in Angle mode instead of Smart and change your geo fence height, which only applies when in Smart mode.

There is a height restriction (50ft I believe) if you try to fly within one mile of a major airport with the NFZ unlocked firmware.

One of the places where I like to shoot video is right at 825 feet above sea level. My "H" will not get go over 65 ft agl from that take off point. I can't even get high enough to clear the trees. I wish it would fly higher because it is the highest point in the county and would offer the greatest opportunity for a Panoramic shot showing the skyline of Louisville. The skyline of down town Louisville is one of the most photographed in the country. The Kentucky Derby has "The Largest Annual Fireworks Display in the Country." Also it is photographed from across the Ohio river on the Indiana year round many times a day. My "H" would allow a different perspective that not many can get.

825 ft QNH is about 250 mtrs. This seems to be your take off height. 65 ft clearance for the trees adds another 20 mtrs. At that altitude there is no problem with density of the air and not being able to gain more height.
Either there is some airport in the vicinity or there is something wrong with your H, otherwise adjust the max alt in the GUI and we will enjoy the nice panoramas you told us about.

Cheers!

I agree with Dr Delta..... there must be an airport withing 1 mile of the spot your trying to fly...... that would be the only reason the 65ft AGL would kick in with the NFZ unlock....... Do you use the NFZ Firmware unlock?

Louisville International is 2.5 miles away and the hill top is not on any approach pattern. None of the runways are oriented in that direction. I'm using the NFZ unlock. If I enable the NFZ the motors will not even start for take off. This area where I want to fly is avoided by all civilian pilots because the ceiling limits are imposed on them. I have never seen an aircraft fly over head at this site.
You can't swing a bull whip anywhere around Louisville with out crossing some controlled airspace.
Helicopter pads are every where and inactive grass fields are still on that NFZ.
The hill top is in Iroquois park and the airport is shown on the map in the link below.
Google Maps

Louisville International is 2.5 miles away and the hill top is not on any approach pattern. None of the runways are oriented in that direction. I'm using the NFZ unlock. If I enable the NFZ the motors will not even start for take off. This area where I want to fly is avoided by all civilian pilots because the ceiling limits are imposed on them. I have never seen an aircraft fly over head at this site.
You can't swing a bull whip anywhere around Louisville with out crossing some controlled airspace.
Helicopter pads are every where and inactive grass fields are still on that NFZ.
The hill top is in Iroquois park and the airport is shown on the map in the link below.
Google Maps

Beuh.... lousy spot for droning...!

The worse of it all is we are going to have to miss this great view over the fireworks.....

Cheers!

Just for informational purposes, an airport traffic area, under federal airspace rules, is not dependent upon runway orientation for dimension of restricted airspace, although runway orientation, approach and departure corridors can influence the shape of Class B airspace but that's not always the case. It can be any shape they want it to be as long as it's depicted on charts and geo referenced. You might consider the civilian pilots that avoid the area do so for a reason.

Reactions: Eyewingsuit
Just for informational purposes, an airport traffic area, under federal airspace rules, is not dependent upon runway orientation for dimension of restricted airspace, although runway orientation, approach and departure corridors can influence the shape of Class B airspace but that's not always the case. It can be any shape they want it to be as long as it's depicted on charts and geo referenced. You might consider the civilian pilots that avoid the area do so for a reason.
They avoid it because of a tall radio transmission tower in the area and it is below the mandated minimum AGL for manned aircraft. I'm not sure but manned aircraft must be at least 1500 ft higher than tallest structure in the area.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcecleaning