Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Overly cautious noob

Reaction score
So I just took delivery of my new H with RealSense about 4 days ago. Firstly I'd like to thank the moderators of this forum along with all the veteran owners/pilots who give very sound advice on here. I've had my H for 4 days and it's barely been out of the box. I have resisted the urge to charge batteries and have a catastrophe in my back yard. I've been watching YouTube vids on everything from the CCC function to updating firmware. I've read the users manual x 3. I have studied many of your experiences whether good or bad and am learning from this. I'm not new to RC although drones are somewhat new to me. I have flown "toy grade" drones but never something as sophisticated as this unit. I guess I just want everyone to know that there are folks like myself who value your knowledge and aren't complete idiots when it comes to using common sense and doing our due diligence in regards to research, safety etc. I'm sure I'll be picking your brains for information that I'm unable to find on here, so thank you all in advance.

Reactions: ChadCloses
Congratulation on your new H. There are a few pointers I can give you.
1. Charge battery for H and ST16, take them outside in the open and power both. Let them sit for 15 minutes out side away from building, this will let the GPS system download the ephemeris data tables from the satellites.
2 Calibrate compass and accelerometer. Follow directions on the videos available at Yuneec.com
3 Make sure you are never on smart mode when taking off. ( very important)
4 Take your time and try one thing at a time. Fly in an open area free of obstacles and keep it closed to you. Practice taking off and landing and fly in different directions until you get accustomed to the controls and quit shaking like a leaf.

Good luck, and before you fly make sure you register with the FAA and are in an area legal to fly in.

Last night I finally bought my Typhoon H Pro w/ Real Sense. Got it brand new for $1,100, couldn't believe it! It will arrive tomorrow. I also purchased two additional batteries the flight simulator and a Samsung Micro SD 128GB 10 U3. My question is do I need an adapter? And do I need a second card for the Transmitter? If so, how much memory do I need for that devise?

Thanks,
Chad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Last night I finally bought my Typhoon H Pro w/ Real Sense. Got it brand new for $1,100, could believe it! It will arrive tomorrow. I also purchased two additional batteries the flight simulator and a Samsung Micro SD 128GB 10 U3. My question is do I need an adapter? And do I need a second card for the Transmitter? If so, how much memory do I need for that devise?

Thanks,
Chad

Sorry if this question has been asked several times. I did search the forum for related topics but couldn't find an answer to these questions.

Last night I finally bought my Typhoon H Pro w/ Real Sense. Got it brand new for $1,100, could believe it! It will arrive tomorrow. I also purchased two additional batteries the flight simulator and a Samsung Micro SD 128GB 10 U3. My question is do I need an adapter? And do I need a second card for the Transmitter? If so, how much memory do I need for that devise?

Thanks,
Chad

Don't need a 2nd card for the ST16. You only need it for the ST16 to do firmware updates and installing apps,
such as Tuna's UAV Toolbox. Make sure to copy all tutorial and info files from the microSD card that comes with
the H to your computer. Then format it, to be used for future firmware updates. Hopefully, since some time has passed
since the last firmware update, your bird will come with the current firmware version. The Samsung SD you bought
should be used for the camera.

Last edited:
The camera takes a micro SD, there is no need for one in the transmitter for normal use. You will only need an adapter to use the SD card in your computer if it does not have a micro reader. Good luck have fun.

Thanks guys! I couldn't find anywhere that the drone came with an SD card so that's where I was confused. Just like Will stated I'll be taking a lot of time reading and working with the flight simulator before I even start the drone. Hopefully, I won't have to many questions, but I appreciate all the assistance you've all provided already!!!

Chad

Basically you have everything you need to fly right out of the box.

I'll recommend this again as it covers a lot of bases.

Whilst we do notice an increase of accidents after any big buying season, we also get an influx of new users who're doing bigger and better things with their Typhoon. Have fun flying!

Basically you have everything you need to fly right out of the box.

I'll recommend this again as it covers a lot of bases.

Whilst we do notice an increase of accidents after any big buying season, we also get an influx of new users who're doing bigger and better things with their Typhoon. Have fun flying!

Thanks Tuna, I've already watched that video twice I'm sure I'll watch it a couple more times before my first flight in a month (lol). The video is very well done. By the time I'm done watching it I'll probably be saying haetch instead of H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have just gotten my Typhoon H just before Christmas, an early present from my wonderful wife!
While I've built several quads in the past ( and continue to do so) the H is impressive in its shear power and ability to take off with very little throttle.
Practicing take offs and landings, short maneuvers and just mastering the ST16 so it becomes second nature should be your first goals. After that, relax and let the Typhoon fly! This last weekend I went out in -6 degrees over a frozen lake and enjoyed the beautiful sunny day for about 20 minutes! Yes, only 20 minutes, after that the hands started to freeze ! I did the same thing the next day in similar conditions but oh what fun! I can't wait for it to warm up here! The winds were rather strong ( gusts to over 23 mph) but the H handled it like a champ!
Practice makes perfect!

Reactions: ChadCloses
Don't need a 2nd card for the ST16. You only need it for the ST16 to do firmware updates and installing apps,
such as Tuna's UAV Toolbox. Make sure to copy all tutorial and info files from the microSD card that comes with
the H to your computer. Then format it, to be used for future firmware updates. Hopefully, since some time has passed
since the last firmware update, your bird will come with the current firmware version. The Samsung SD you bought
should be used for the camera.

Just went to Tuna's website. I'll definitely be downloading and purchasing that software.

Reactions: Tuna
Thanks guys! I couldn't find anywhere that the drone came with an SD card so that's where I was confused. Just like Will stated I'll be taking a lot of time reading and working with the flight simulator before I even start the drone. Hopefully, I won't have to many questions, but I appreciate all the assistance you've all provided already!!!

Chad

There are important tutorials on the provided sd card

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Received my H today. It was definitely brand new, and never used. Only thing I need that wasn't in the backpack is a neckstrap. I didn't have time to do anything with the SD card but I'll work on that tomorrow and download the UAVTOOLBOX.

Received my H today. It was definitely brand new, and never used. Only thing I need that wasn't in the backpack is a neckstrap. I didn't have time to do anything with the SD card but I'll work on that tomorrow and download the UAVTOOLBOX.

I didn't have a strap come with mine either... I ended up getting this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00114W9X0/

Cut 3/4" square from the top corners of the base the controller sits on and put 3/4" square of the "loop"
side of velcro pad in those corners. Put corresponding furry side of aforementioned velcro squares on
rounded handgrips on the underside of the ST16. Place at front of Connect-a-Desk so you have full
access to tilt and turtle/rabbit controls. Give me a day and I'll put up a pic.

I didn't have a strap come with mine either... I ended up getting this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00114W9X0/

Cut 3/4" square from the top corners of the base the controller sits on and put 3/4" square of the "loop"
side of velcro pad in those corners. Put corresponding furry side of aforementioned velcro squares on
rounded handgrips on the underside of the ST16. Place at front of Connect-a-Desk so you have full
access to tilt and turtle/rabbit controls. Give me a day and I'll put up a pic.

I think I'll wait till you post a photo. Lol. I can't visualize how you said you attached it. But thanks for the link!

Those photos helped a lot!!! I thought you were drilling holes in the transmitter. What kind of material, or where did you buy the board from, if you don't mind me asking. Thanks for taking the time to post those photos looks great. Do the upper straps get in the way of the controls?

The board is part of the Connect-a-Desk... All I did is put on some velcro as shown, to be able to secure the ST16
onto the Connect-a-Desk. I do not find that the straps interfere with the controls at all. Since picking up a second
H from a member here, I now have a OEM strap, and I use either one depending on what I'm doing, but this setup
works really well for me. Have never had the ST16 fall off of this, with the velcro hanging onto it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval