Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

parachute size for typhoon H ?

Reaction score
can somone tell me what is the Brand and size of a parachute
that will pack in a 2 inch tube nicely and support the H at a decent decent rate .

looking at all the manufactures all chutes of the same size do not have

same decent and packing ability .

just wondering looking for a chute that will fit
in a 2inch x 4 inch tube .

any ideas ?

I would think you would want to be thinking more about weight and drag coefficient.
You don't want to add a lot of weight to your flights but you want something that's going to bring your disabled H safely to earth.
AGPtek has one that's only 4.8oz (40" chute) that should fit your parameters.
Amazon.com : AGPtek Speed Training Resistance Parachute - Small (40" Size), 15 lbs of resistance, Fit up to a 42" waist : Football Sleds Chutes : Sports & Outdoors
You'll likely want to alter the support lines to be more compact and lighten it a bit.
Hopefully your deployment system is relatively light weight.

Calculator Summary
Summary
Primary Chute
Compare Chute

Model: IFC-48-SUL
Target Weight (lbs): 5
Descent Rate @ Weight (fps): 12.52
Descent Rate Equivalent Fall Height (ft): 2.44
Impact Energy (j): 16.52
Parachute Metrics

Chute Style: Iris Ultra Compact Light Weight with Spectra lines
Canopy Shape: annular
Canopy Diameter (in): 48.0000
Diameter Spill Hole (in): 8.4480
Number Gores: 8.0000
Rating @ 20fps (lbs): 12.7500
Rating @ 15fps (lbs): 7.1700
Weight oz: 2.6200
Weight grams: 74.4000
Packing Volume (in^3): 14.56
Area Projected (sq ft): 12.1771
Area Canopy (sq ft): 21.6752
Cd Projected: 2.2000
Cd Area Canopy: 1.2400
Equivalent Flattened D (in): 63.0403
Performance Ratio 20fps (rating @ 20fps / weight): 77.8700
Performance Ratio 15fps (rating @ 15fps / weight): 43.8000
Manufacturer: Fruity Chutes

looking at this chute i like the 12.52 fps at 5lbs and the small packing volume of 14.56 ...
but the price is crazy . 200$

anyone know of a chute that would have similar specs at lower price ?

Your also going to have to figure out how to deploy it . I think most are tied into the electonic system to deploy on system failure and stop the props once deployed

Even the servo actuated, spring release systems need ~80'-100' of altitude to fully deploy. They don't land all that gently. Hope for tall grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suggestion learn how to fly the H and if and when you do have a crash get the parts and repair it. That's what I did when mine went down. If you lose a prop land the H as soon as possible.
I can see nothing but trouble trying to add a parachute.

I really doubt Yuneec is going to give you access to the code you'd need to make a chute work. It's a lot more than sticking it on the H

They have uav deployment and shoots on eBay but complete just not cheap

Last edited:
my personal take on it is stopping the props is not a issue as the only time i would think you need a parachute is when they are already stopped .
chute is not going to save you from running into the tree or building . or from trying crazy stunts like flying to fast to close to the ground .

chute is mainly for piece of mind at higher altitudes incase of battery failure or system board failure at which case the props will be off .

a mayday deployment system is really all you need for the H senses a fall and deploys .

just my 2 cents .

of course everyone has there reasons for using one .

If you have a major system failure (like battery failure for example) while in the air filming it's coming down camera first and you won't have the landing gear down. A chute probably won't save the camera (one of the most delicate and expensive bits to replace) no matter how early it's deployed or how slow it falls....I'd say it's a waste of money personally.

Reactions: FlushVision
exactly why you do not rig your chute where it will land this way . at 12 feet per second it only like dropping the drone from 4 feet high . . something may break .. but im sure it would be alot worst dropping from 100 feet without anything . does not sound like a waste of money .. but thanks for your personal opinion .

Hang gliders and microlights use a rocket deployment system.
Problem is as the H falls it is essentially a blunt pancake falling through the air. As the air passes over the H it will develop a low pressure area on the top around the GPS aerials. This will prevent any chute simply deploying unless you can throw a drogue shoot clear of this vacuum to drag the main chute out.
If your going to use a forced chute ejection system, fit it on the bottom somewhere and it will 'land' the H upside down and save your camera (probably).

Even the servo actuated, spring release systems need ~80'-100' of altitude to fully deploy. They don't land all that gently. Hope for tall grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's it...I'm running out to my shop to start drawing up plans for a helium cell. I know my luck and if the TH dies I'm sure it'll always be under 80'-100' feet when it happens.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adanidharavi